SingularDTV (S-DTV), the newly launched Blockchain entertainment studio, has just unveiled production of its first original television series ‘Singular’ – an epic science fiction adventure about the human race’s journey into a theoretical technological Singularity.
Evotion Media Producer, Kim Jackson (Blue Caprice, Inside Man, Munich), has been appointed Chief Creative Officer of ‘Singular’ and will lead Season 1 into production October 3, 2016. Principal photography will commence in New York City, Puerto Rico and Panama. The television series will serve as the use case to build-out S-DTV’s recently announced rights management platform.
Zach LeBeau, CEO of S-DTV noted,
“‘Singular’ is an international television series which will be produced and distributed worldwide through the S-DTV portal. It’s a multi-lingual series featuring a cast from the United States, Russia, China, and several other countries. ‘Singular’ strives to bring cultures closer together through great science fiction that inspires the imagination. The ‘Singular’ multiverse depicts a positive future of possibilities and discovery.”
Taking place between the years 2021 – 2045, ‘Singular’ follows an international cast of unlikely characters as decentralization scales and artificial intelligence becomes conscious, ultimately leading the world into a technological Singularity – a theoretical advancement in technology that creates a human/machine super intelligence.
Futurist Ray Kurzweil, known for popularizing the term “Technological Singularity”, describes it as an exponential increase in the advancement of various technologies that transform people as they augment their minds and bodies with genetic alterations, nanotechnology and artificial intelligence, leading to a human/machine intelligence of infinite power that radiates outward from the planet until it saturates the Universe.
S-DTV is a film and television entertainment studio focused on the production and distribution of original science fiction content, as well as educational documentaries about Blockchain technology, decentralization and Ethereum. Through developing applications on Ethereum’s Blockchain, S-DTV is creating a first-of-its-kind rights management platform for the entertainment industry and a world-wide video on demand portal.
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019