The Chamber of Digital Commerce has launched the Smart Contracts Alliance (SCA), an industry initiative of leaders in the smart contracts ecosystem to promote the real-world application of this vital technology.
“As a pioneer of smart contract technology, Symbiont’s end goal has always been real- world implementation,” said Mark Smith, Technology Chair of the Smart Contracts Alliance.
“This initiative will be key in bridging the gap between concept and reality, and making smart contracts accessible across the board.”
Smart contracts have the potential to deliver greater efficiency, transparency and automation across industries.
The SCA’s mandate is to educate and enhance the understanding and adoption of smart contracts, provide a forum to develop industry standards and help shape a pro-growth policy framework.
Co-chaired by Mark Smith, CEO of Symbiont, and Sean Murphy, Partner at Norton Rose Fulbright, the SCA comprises thought leaders and innovators from the technology, legal, and financial industries.
“With real-world applications of any major advance in technology like smart contracts, regulation and policy play a pivotal role,” said Sean Murphy, Legal Chair of the Smart Contracts Alliance. “I’m excited to bring Norton Rose Fulbright’s experience in distributed ledger technology to the Smart Contracts Alliance, and help foster the right legal environment for smart contacts to flourish.”
The founding participants include: Bitfinex, Blake, Cassles & Graydon, Bloq, Cognizant, ConsenSys, Deloitte, The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation, Eris Industries, Georgetown University’s Center for Financial Markets and Policy, Gem, IBM, Microsoft, Norton Rose Fulbright, Perkins Coie, Pillsbury Law, String, Symbiont, Tether, t0.com and Wipfli.
“Smart contracts have the potential to change the landscape of modern business,” said Perianne Boring, Founder & President of the Chamber of Digital Commerce. “The Smart Contracts Alliance is another facet in the Chamber’s growing repertoire of industry initiatives to accelerate the growth of blockchain technology.”
The SCA’s first event, focusing on policy implications and the legal and regulatory challenges of smart contracts going forward, will take place in fall 2016.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019