The Chamber of Digital Commerce has launched the Smart Contracts Alliance (SCA), an industry initiative of leaders in the smart contracts ecosystem to promote the real-world application of this vital technology.
“As a pioneer of smart contract technology, Symbiont’s end goal has always been real- world implementation,” said Mark Smith, Technology Chair of the Smart Contracts Alliance.
“This initiative will be key in bridging the gap between concept and reality, and making smart contracts accessible across the board.”
Smart contracts have the potential to deliver greater efficiency, transparency and automation across industries.
The SCA’s mandate is to educate and enhance the understanding and adoption of smart contracts, provide a forum to develop industry standards and help shape a pro-growth policy framework.
Co-chaired by Mark Smith, CEO of Symbiont, and Sean Murphy, Partner at Norton Rose Fulbright, the SCA comprises thought leaders and innovators from the technology, legal, and financial industries.
“With real-world applications of any major advance in technology like smart contracts, regulation and policy play a pivotal role,” said Sean Murphy, Legal Chair of the Smart Contracts Alliance. “I’m excited to bring Norton Rose Fulbright’s experience in distributed ledger technology to the Smart Contracts Alliance, and help foster the right legal environment for smart contacts to flourish.”
The founding participants include: Bitfinex, Blake, Cassles & Graydon, Bloq, Cognizant, ConsenSys, Deloitte, The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation, Eris Industries, Georgetown University’s Center for Financial Markets and Policy, Gem, IBM, Microsoft, Norton Rose Fulbright, Perkins Coie, Pillsbury Law, String, Symbiont, Tether, t0.com and Wipfli.
“Smart contracts have the potential to change the landscape of modern business,” said Perianne Boring, Founder & President of the Chamber of Digital Commerce. “The Smart Contracts Alliance is another facet in the Chamber’s growing repertoire of industry initiatives to accelerate the growth of blockchain technology.”
The SCA’s first event, focusing on policy implications and the legal and regulatory challenges of smart contracts going forward, will take place in fall 2016.
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020