The Chamber of Digital Commerce has launched the Smart Contracts Alliance (SCA), an industry initiative of leaders in the smart contracts ecosystem to promote the real-world application of this vital technology.
“As a pioneer of smart contract technology, Symbiont’s end goal has always been real- world implementation,” said Mark Smith, Technology Chair of the Smart Contracts Alliance.
“This initiative will be key in bridging the gap between concept and reality, and making smart contracts accessible across the board.”
Smart contracts have the potential to deliver greater efficiency, transparency and automation across industries.
The SCA’s mandate is to educate and enhance the understanding and adoption of smart contracts, provide a forum to develop industry standards and help shape a pro-growth policy framework.
Co-chaired by Mark Smith, CEO of Symbiont, and Sean Murphy, Partner at Norton Rose Fulbright, the SCA comprises thought leaders and innovators from the technology, legal, and financial industries.
“With real-world applications of any major advance in technology like smart contracts, regulation and policy play a pivotal role,” said Sean Murphy, Legal Chair of the Smart Contracts Alliance. “I’m excited to bring Norton Rose Fulbright’s experience in distributed ledger technology to the Smart Contracts Alliance, and help foster the right legal environment for smart contacts to flourish.”
The founding participants include: Bitfinex, Blake, Cassles & Graydon, Bloq, Cognizant, ConsenSys, Deloitte, The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation, Eris Industries, Georgetown University’s Center for Financial Markets and Policy, Gem, IBM, Microsoft, Norton Rose Fulbright, Perkins Coie, Pillsbury Law, String, Symbiont, Tether, t0.com and Wipfli.
“Smart contracts have the potential to change the landscape of modern business,” said Perianne Boring, Founder & President of the Chamber of Digital Commerce. “The Smart Contracts Alliance is another facet in the Chamber’s growing repertoire of industry initiatives to accelerate the growth of blockchain technology.”
The SCA’s first event, focusing on policy implications and the legal and regulatory challenges of smart contracts going forward, will take place in fall 2016.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019