The Chamber of Digital Commerce has launched the Smart Contracts Alliance (SCA), an industry initiative of leaders in the smart contracts ecosystem to promote the real-world application of this vital technology.
“As a pioneer of smart contract technology, Symbiont’s end goal has always been real- world implementation,” said Mark Smith, Technology Chair of the Smart Contracts Alliance.
“This initiative will be key in bridging the gap between concept and reality, and making smart contracts accessible across the board.”
Smart contracts have the potential to deliver greater efficiency, transparency and automation across industries.
The SCA’s mandate is to educate and enhance the understanding and adoption of smart contracts, provide a forum to develop industry standards and help shape a pro-growth policy framework.
Co-chaired by Mark Smith, CEO of Symbiont, and Sean Murphy, Partner at Norton Rose Fulbright, the SCA comprises thought leaders and innovators from the technology, legal, and financial industries.
“With real-world applications of any major advance in technology like smart contracts, regulation and policy play a pivotal role,” said Sean Murphy, Legal Chair of the Smart Contracts Alliance. “I’m excited to bring Norton Rose Fulbright’s experience in distributed ledger technology to the Smart Contracts Alliance, and help foster the right legal environment for smart contacts to flourish.”
The founding participants include: Bitfinex, Blake, Cassles & Graydon, Bloq, Cognizant, ConsenSys, Deloitte, The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation, Eris Industries, Georgetown University’s Center for Financial Markets and Policy, Gem, IBM, Microsoft, Norton Rose Fulbright, Perkins Coie, Pillsbury Law, String, Symbiont, Tether, t0.com and Wipfli.
“Smart contracts have the potential to change the landscape of modern business,” said Perianne Boring, Founder & President of the Chamber of Digital Commerce. “The Smart Contracts Alliance is another facet in the Chamber’s growing repertoire of industry initiatives to accelerate the growth of blockchain technology.”
The SCA’s first event, focusing on policy implications and the legal and regulatory challenges of smart contracts going forward, will take place in fall 2016.
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019