The Crown Prince of Dubai unveiled an ambitious new programme to change the world. The “Dubai Future Accelerators” will connect the world’s most innovative companies with leading partners in government to test new solutions to key challenges at the city-wide scale.
The Future Accelerators focuses on seven “21st century challenges”, which also represent significant opportunities for economic growth, job creation, and social development.
The challenges include the application of cutting-edge technologies such as Blockchain Technology, AI (Artificial Intelligence) and robotics, genomics, 3D printing, biomimicry and biotechnology, as well as new business models and ways of working. Each challenge focuses on an important areas of government innovation, including healthcare, education, transportation, infrastructure, renewable energy, and digital transformation.
Unlike other programs, The Dubai Future Accelerators will focus on the deployment of futuristic prototypes at a city-wide scale, something which no other program can offer thanks to the strong support of the Dubai government.
A 21st Century Program
Launched by the Crown Prince of Dubai, His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, the program reflects the larger goals of the UAE and those of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
“H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid’s vision is transform the UAE into the global capital for creating amend exploring the future,” Sheikh Hamdan said in a statement.
Mohammad Abdullah Al Gergawi, Minister of Cabinet Affairs and the Future, who is also vice-chairman of Dubai Future Foundation, said:
“We invite all those across the world who want to create a better future to come toDubai and help us create a better future.
Anyone can apply, from start-ups to large companies, as long as they have a working prototype that addresses one of the key challenges above. Winning companies will develop in-depth proposals to create futuristic pilot projects that can showcase the benefits of their technology.
Dubai to Become Test Bed for Futuristic Designs and Technology
The Dubai Future Accelerator is being run by the Dubai Future Foundation as part of the Dubai Future Agenda, a far reaching campaign to develop 21st century solutions and initiatives around the world. Other parts of the Agenda include the Dubai 3D Printing Strategy (with the Dubai Municipality), the Dubai Autonomous Transport Strategy (with the RTA), the Global Blockchain Council, and the Museum of the Future.
Additional details on the program can be found at https://dubaifutureaccelerators.com/en
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019