The Crown Prince of Dubai unveiled an ambitious new programme to change the world. The “Dubai Future Accelerators” will connect the world’s most innovative companies with leading partners in government to test new solutions to key challenges at the city-wide scale.
The Future Accelerators focuses on seven “21st century challenges”, which also represent significant opportunities for economic growth, job creation, and social development.
The challenges include the application of cutting-edge technologies such as Blockchain Technology, AI (Artificial Intelligence) and robotics, genomics, 3D printing, biomimicry and biotechnology, as well as new business models and ways of working. Each challenge focuses on an important areas of government innovation, including healthcare, education, transportation, infrastructure, renewable energy, and digital transformation.
Unlike other programs, The Dubai Future Accelerators will focus on the deployment of futuristic prototypes at a city-wide scale, something which no other program can offer thanks to the strong support of the Dubai government.
A 21st Century Program
Launched by the Crown Prince of Dubai, His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, the program reflects the larger goals of the UAE and those of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
“H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid’s vision is transform the UAE into the global capital for creating amend exploring the future,” Sheikh Hamdan said in a statement.
Mohammad Abdullah Al Gergawi, Minister of Cabinet Affairs and the Future, who is also vice-chairman of Dubai Future Foundation, said:
“We invite all those across the world who want to create a better future to come toDubai and help us create a better future.
Anyone can apply, from start-ups to large companies, as long as they have a working prototype that addresses one of the key challenges above. Winning companies will develop in-depth proposals to create futuristic pilot projects that can showcase the benefits of their technology.
Dubai to Become Test Bed for Futuristic Designs and Technology
The Dubai Future Accelerator is being run by the Dubai Future Foundation as part of the Dubai Future Agenda, a far reaching campaign to develop 21st century solutions and initiatives around the world. Other parts of the Agenda include the Dubai 3D Printing Strategy (with the Dubai Municipality), the Dubai Autonomous Transport Strategy (with the RTA), the Global Blockchain Council, and the Museum of the Future.
Additional details on the program can be found at https://dubaifutureaccelerators.com/en
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019