Blockchain company Symbiont, the market-leading smart contracts platform for institutional uses of blockchain technology, will host a live WebEx demonstration of its platform for insurance industry participants on September 20, 2016 at 2 p.m. ET. Participants must pre-register. Only insurance industry executives, investors, brokers or consultants will be approved to participate.
During the demo, Symbiont will execute a live catastrophe swap contract between two hypothetical parties, which will be recorded on its distributed ledger. The demo will then follow the lifecycle of the swap, showing how Symbiont’s proprietary smart contract technology handles various scenarios–including the trigger of a payment pursuant to the swap, and how the technology handles automatic updates when new industry loss estimates become available.
Participants in the demo will view a side-by-side depiction of the screens of both parties to the hypothetical swap. This format allows participants to track what each party sees at all times, and will show automatic updates to the ledger when events meet pre-defined triggers.
Symbiont is the only smart contracts platform currently capable of providing such service to the insurance industry. It provided a version of its technology for a pilot catastrophe swap in June 2016, which was executed by a top European insurance company.
Symbiont’s smart contracts platform can automate many administrative functions currently performed by the insurance industry, thereby reducing costs and the potential for disputes. Symbiont also expects its technology to foster new business opportunities for insurers as the industry simplifies complex businesses processes.
To register, please send an email to [email protected]. Please include your name, company name, title and contact information. Symbiont will review all requests and send approved participants (from the insurance industry only) the instructions for joining the live WebEx demo.
Symbiont is bridging the gap between the blockchain ecosystem and Wall Street. It has developed a platform that allows financial market participants to create programmable versions of traditional securities that take the form of Smart Securities™: self-executing digital contracts that are stored in a distributed ledger called a “blockchain.” The platform allows users to issue, manage, locate, and trade Smart Securities™ efficiently in a single, global, peer-to-peer financial network. www.symbiont.io
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020