Blockchain company Symbiont, the market-leading smart contracts platform for institutional uses of blockchain technology, will host a live WebEx demonstration of its platform for insurance industry participants on September 20, 2016 at 2 p.m. ET. Participants must pre-register. Only insurance industry executives, investors, brokers or consultants will be approved to participate.
During the demo, Symbiont will execute a live catastrophe swap contract between two hypothetical parties, which will be recorded on its distributed ledger. The demo will then follow the lifecycle of the swap, showing how Symbiont’s proprietary smart contract technology handles various scenarios–including the trigger of a payment pursuant to the swap, and how the technology handles automatic updates when new industry loss estimates become available.
Participants in the demo will view a side-by-side depiction of the screens of both parties to the hypothetical swap. This format allows participants to track what each party sees at all times, and will show automatic updates to the ledger when events meet pre-defined triggers.
Symbiont is the only smart contracts platform currently capable of providing such service to the insurance industry. It provided a version of its technology for a pilot catastrophe swap in June 2016, which was executed by a top European insurance company.
Symbiont’s smart contracts platform can automate many administrative functions currently performed by the insurance industry, thereby reducing costs and the potential for disputes. Symbiont also expects its technology to foster new business opportunities for insurers as the industry simplifies complex businesses processes.
To register, please send an email to [email protected]. Please include your name, company name, title and contact information. Symbiont will review all requests and send approved participants (from the insurance industry only) the instructions for joining the live WebEx demo.
Symbiont is bridging the gap between the blockchain ecosystem and Wall Street. It has developed a platform that allows financial market participants to create programmable versions of traditional securities that take the form of Smart Securities™: self-executing digital contracts that are stored in a distributed ledger called a “blockchain.” The platform allows users to issue, manage, locate, and trade Smart Securities™ efficiently in a single, global, peer-to-peer financial network. www.symbiont.io
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019