Symbiont has just released a new version of a software development kit for Assembly, the permissioned distributed ledger component of Symbiont’s smart contracts system. Assembly is the first distributed ledger appropriate for use in institutional finance. It is a highly secure, high performance Byzantine fault-tolerant distributed ledger, able to process a sustained 80,000 transactions per second in a regional multi-node network. This result corresponds to the maximum performance measured in academic studies of the consensus protocol used by Assembly.
“Decentralized systems no longer have to be slow,” said Symbiont’s co-founder and CTO Adam Krellenstein. “With Assembly, we’ve proven that.”
Assembly is an immutable and cryptographically secured datastore and messaging system designed for use in a decentralized network. Assembly serves as the foundation for Symbiont’s Smart Securities® platform, which allows users to issue, manage, locate and trade traditional financial instruments efficiently in a single, global, peer-to-peer financial network.
The successful launch of Symbiont’s permissioned distributed ledger component contrasts with the challenges that competing projects have encountered in delivering production-ready blockchain technology, ranging from poor performance to instability. Included in the Assembly release are the public specifications for a ledger API, a mock ledger server, a ledger client library, example client applications and integration tests—all of which are hosted on the Symbiont GitHub page.
“We’ve proven that we can build a fast, secure and powerful distributed ledger capable of meeting the high demands of institutional finance,” Krellenstein said “Assembly is now available to developers struggling to achieve an institutional-quality distributed ledger, and we welcome inquiries from those wishing to build blockchain applications on it.”
Symbiont is a market-leading smart contracts platform for institutional applications of distributed ledger technology. Disclosed users of its platform include 15 financial institutions for Smart Loans, arranged by Credit Suisse and executed via its syndicated loans joint venture with Ipreo; the State of Delaware for Smart Records; and a major European insurance company for Smart Swaps in the catastrophe insurance market.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019