Blockchain startup ChronoBank. has launched its new website, aiming to raise awareness for its coming multi-Blockchain ICO.
ChronoBank.io, a project that aims to revolutionise the short-term recruitment sector in the same way that Uber changed the taxi industry, has launched its new website as the first stage of its crowdfunding campaign.
Time-based currencies have been around for almost 200 years and many hundreds of timebanks operate around the world. However, the ChronoBank team – who have extensive experience in both the recruitment industry and in the cryptocurrency sector – believe the idea can be updated to change the way professionals look for work and companies provide it.
Traditional timebanking vs ChronoBank
Timebanking has typically proven successful within limited settings – most notably Ithaca, New York, which has a thriving time-based economy built on the Ithaca Hour time currency. However, for various reasons it is not suited to broader application within the 21st century global workplace.
“We know we can change that with Blockchain technology,’ comments Alexander Rugaev, ChronoBank CEO. ‘We want to make a short term recruitment as profitable and prestigious as long term recruitment. One of our founders is Edway Group Ltd, one of the largest labour-hire companies in Australia, so we know exactly what the market needs and how to achieve it.”
Key to the idea are time-based cryptocurrencies, a fundamentally different form of money. Time-based money has a different tax status to regular fiat money, and can be exchanged for goods and services, or sold for other currencies.
“Labour Hour tokens are also a great store of value and hedge against inflation, since hourly wages tend to rise in line with or above inflation. That makes it attractive to earn and attractive to hold,” the CEO added.
The first stage of the project is to build and grow a presence within the cryptocurrency community, disseminating information and answering questions that may arise, before launching the crowdfund in December.
“Over the coming month we’ll be building awareness, not just around ChronoBank and our crowdfund but about the idea and advantages of time-based currencies more broadly. We want people to understand that we’re serious, we’re experienced in Blockchain and the recruitment sectors, and we have the talent and backing to make this happen in a big way,’ continues Rugaev. ‘We’re going to hold the crowdfund and issue Labour Hours on multiple Blockchain platforms, including Ethereum, Classic, Waves, Lisk and bitcoin, depending on demand.”
ChronoBank’s crowdfund is scheduled to start in December. To find out more, visit www.ChronoBank.io
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020
- Swiss company Overfuture To Offer Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding (Security Token Offering) - January 29, 2020