Blockchain startup ChronoBank. has launched its new website, aiming to raise awareness for its coming multi-Blockchain ICO.
ChronoBank.io, a project that aims to revolutionise the short-term recruitment sector in the same way that Uber changed the taxi industry, has launched its new website as the first stage of its crowdfunding campaign.
Time-based currencies have been around for almost 200 years and many hundreds of timebanks operate around the world. However, the ChronoBank team – who have extensive experience in both the recruitment industry and in the cryptocurrency sector – believe the idea can be updated to change the way professionals look for work and companies provide it.
Traditional timebanking vs ChronoBank
Timebanking has typically proven successful within limited settings – most notably Ithaca, New York, which has a thriving time-based economy built on the Ithaca Hour time currency. However, for various reasons it is not suited to broader application within the 21st century global workplace.
“We know we can change that with Blockchain technology,’ comments Alexander Rugaev, ChronoBank CEO. ‘We want to make a short term recruitment as profitable and prestigious as long term recruitment. One of our founders is Edway Group Ltd, one of the largest labour-hire companies in Australia, so we know exactly what the market needs and how to achieve it.”
Key to the idea are time-based cryptocurrencies, a fundamentally different form of money. Time-based money has a different tax status to regular fiat money, and can be exchanged for goods and services, or sold for other currencies.
“Labour Hour tokens are also a great store of value and hedge against inflation, since hourly wages tend to rise in line with or above inflation. That makes it attractive to earn and attractive to hold,” the CEO added.
The first stage of the project is to build and grow a presence within the cryptocurrency community, disseminating information and answering questions that may arise, before launching the crowdfund in December.
“Over the coming month we’ll be building awareness, not just around ChronoBank and our crowdfund but about the idea and advantages of time-based currencies more broadly. We want people to understand that we’re serious, we’re experienced in Blockchain and the recruitment sectors, and we have the talent and backing to make this happen in a big way,’ continues Rugaev. ‘We’re going to hold the crowdfund and issue Labour Hours on multiple Blockchain platforms, including Ethereum, Classic, Waves, Lisk and bitcoin, depending on demand.”
ChronoBank’s crowdfund is scheduled to start in December. To find out more, visit www.ChronoBank.io
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019