Blockchain startup ChronoBank. has launched its new website, aiming to raise awareness for its coming multi-Blockchain ICO.
ChronoBank.io, a project that aims to revolutionise the short-term recruitment sector in the same way that Uber changed the taxi industry, has launched its new website as the first stage of its crowdfunding campaign.
Time-based currencies have been around for almost 200 years and many hundreds of timebanks operate around the world. However, the ChronoBank team – who have extensive experience in both the recruitment industry and in the cryptocurrency sector – believe the idea can be updated to change the way professionals look for work and companies provide it.
Traditional timebanking vs ChronoBank
Timebanking has typically proven successful within limited settings – most notably Ithaca, New York, which has a thriving time-based economy built on the Ithaca Hour time currency. However, for various reasons it is not suited to broader application within the 21st century global workplace.
“We know we can change that with Blockchain technology,’ comments Alexander Rugaev, ChronoBank CEO. ‘We want to make a short term recruitment as profitable and prestigious as long term recruitment. One of our founders is Edway Group Ltd, one of the largest labour-hire companies in Australia, so we know exactly what the market needs and how to achieve it.”
Key to the idea are time-based cryptocurrencies, a fundamentally different form of money. Time-based money has a different tax status to regular fiat money, and can be exchanged for goods and services, or sold for other currencies.
“Labour Hour tokens are also a great store of value and hedge against inflation, since hourly wages tend to rise in line with or above inflation. That makes it attractive to earn and attractive to hold,” the CEO added.
The first stage of the project is to build and grow a presence within the cryptocurrency community, disseminating information and answering questions that may arise, before launching the crowdfund in December.
“Over the coming month we’ll be building awareness, not just around ChronoBank and our crowdfund but about the idea and advantages of time-based currencies more broadly. We want people to understand that we’re serious, we’re experienced in Blockchain and the recruitment sectors, and we have the talent and backing to make this happen in a big way,’ continues Rugaev. ‘We’re going to hold the crowdfund and issue Labour Hours on multiple Blockchain platforms, including Ethereum, Classic, Waves, Lisk and bitcoin, depending on demand.”
ChronoBank’s crowdfund is scheduled to start in December. To find out more, visit www.ChronoBank.io
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019