Vancouver and London-based BTL Group has announced that following a successful EY’s 2016 Startup Challenge, which focused on building Blockchain solutions for digital rights management and energy trading, they are now continuing to work with EY and key energy companies to further refine the prototype.
The challenge took place over the course of a six-week period and explored ways in which BTL’s Interbit platform could transform how energy trades are created and settled, drive down costs, and reduce risk in the market. Working closely with EY and in collaboration with leading energy companies, BTL developed an advanced ETRM (Energy Trading Risk Management) application.
“We have built a strong relationship with BTL during the course of the Startup Challenge,” said Jamie Qiu, Founder and Lead of the EY Startup Challenge. “BTL’s prototype ETRM (Energy Trading Risk Management) Auditing and Portfolio Reconciliation application, built on their Interbit platform has the potential to create significant cost savings in the energy space and we are looking forward to continuing to develop our relationship with BTL as they work closely with key energy clients.”
“Through EY’s Startup Challenge, BTL has gained access to highly valuable clients, resources, and expertise to help define Interbit within the energy space. BTL has identified key areas for cost saving, helping us to position ourselves at the forefront of the industry,” said Guy Halford-Thompson, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of BTL. “The EY Startup Challenge was an exceptionally valuable program, and puts EY at the forefront of innovation with startup businesses and emerging technologies.”
Operating from both Canada and the UK, BTL offers Blockchain solutions to businesses across multiple industries. As per its recently announced project (see BTL’s September 1, 2016 press release), BTL has built a prototype that showcases the capabilities of a Blockchain based interbank payment network, built on BTL’s core settlement and asset trading solution, Interbit.
Interbit is an open, multi-chain, asset settlement platform with a suite of APIs and smart contracts that allow entrepreneurs from across the world to participate and innovate to provide global access to fast, secure, and auditable financial and asset trading services.
With offices in Vancouver and Canary Wharf in London, BTL is positioning itself as a front-runner in the Blockchain ecosystem, providing advice and knowledge to industry leaders.
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019