The Golem Network, the first global market for idle computing power – or CPU on the Blockchain – raised an astonishing 820000 ETH worth over USD$8 million in just 20 minutes on Friday for its Golem Network Token in a blazing Initial Coin Offering (ICO).
That placed them number three in the standings as the third largest platform ICO (Initial Coin Offering) in the history of cryptofinancing.
Often described as “Airbnb for computers”, the Polish-based Golem team plans to hold back 18 per cent of per all tokens (specifically, 6% to Golem’s founders, 12% to the operating company) for founders, developers, and the operating company, an incentivizing endowment for further development and innovation.
The Golem Network Token does not grant its holders any voting rights or direct influence on the project’s development. The positive economic outcome for the owners is ensured by aligned incentives. In the future, Golem may evolve into a contract-driven organisation governed by GNT votes, but during the first stage, it is very much more traditional.
As a two-sided market, Golem allows users to either:
- Sell unused computational resources (CPU or GPU time) to others, or
- Buy unused computational resources (CPU or GPU time) from others.
Proceeds are being earmarked to advance the fintech’s ambitious objectives.
The Golem Network is a peer-to-peer (P2P) network with no central server that allows both application owners and individual users (‘requestors’) to rent the resources of other users’ (‘providers’) machines, and be paid in cryptocurrency. Users are equally privileged under this P2p network.
Further reading below:
- Crowdfunding contract code
- Description of how the contract code works
- Explanatory Note & Governance Terms
- Final Golem Whitepaper
- Crowdfunding Web page
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020