The Golem Network, the first global market for idle computing power – or CPU on the Blockchain – raised an astonishing 820000 ETH worth over USD$8 million in just 20 minutes on Friday for its Golem Network Token in a blazing Initial Coin Offering (ICO).
That placed them number three in the standings as the third largest platform ICO (Initial Coin Offering) in the history of cryptofinancing.
Often described as “Airbnb for computers”, the Polish-based Golem team plans to hold back 18 per cent of per all tokens (specifically, 6% to Golem’s founders, 12% to the operating company) for founders, developers, and the operating company, an incentivizing endowment for further development and innovation.
The Golem Network Token does not grant its holders any voting rights or direct influence on the project’s development. The positive economic outcome for the owners is ensured by aligned incentives. In the future, Golem may evolve into a contract-driven organisation governed by GNT votes, but during the first stage, it is very much more traditional.
As a two-sided market, Golem allows users to either:
- Sell unused computational resources (CPU or GPU time) to others, or
- Buy unused computational resources (CPU or GPU time) from others.
Proceeds are being earmarked to advance the fintech’s ambitious objectives.
The Golem Network is a peer-to-peer (P2P) network with no central server that allows both application owners and individual users (‘requestors’) to rent the resources of other users’ (‘providers’) machines, and be paid in cryptocurrency. Users are equally privileged under this P2p network.
Further reading below:
- Crowdfunding contract code
- Description of how the contract code works
- Explanatory Note & Governance Terms
- Final Golem Whitepaper
- Crowdfunding Web page
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019