The Golem Network, the first global market for idle computing power – or CPU on the Blockchain – raised an astonishing 820000 ETH worth over USD$8 million in just 20 minutes on Friday for its Golem Network Token in a blazing Initial Coin Offering (ICO).
That placed them number three in the standings as the third largest platform ICO (Initial Coin Offering) in the history of cryptofinancing.
Often described as “Airbnb for computers”, the Polish-based Golem team plans to hold back 18 per cent of per all tokens (specifically, 6% to Golem’s founders, 12% to the operating company) for founders, developers, and the operating company, an incentivizing endowment for further development and innovation.
The Golem Network Token does not grant its holders any voting rights or direct influence on the project’s development. The positive economic outcome for the owners is ensured by aligned incentives. In the future, Golem may evolve into a contract-driven organisation governed by GNT votes, but during the first stage, it is very much more traditional.
As a two-sided market, Golem allows users to either:
- Sell unused computational resources (CPU or GPU time) to others, or
- Buy unused computational resources (CPU or GPU time) from others.
Proceeds are being earmarked to advance the fintech’s ambitious objectives.
The Golem Network is a peer-to-peer (P2P) network with no central server that allows both application owners and individual users (‘requestors’) to rent the resources of other users’ (‘providers’) machines, and be paid in cryptocurrency. Users are equally privileged under this P2p network.
Further reading below:
- Crowdfunding contract code
- Description of how the contract code works
- Explanatory Note & Governance Terms
- Final Golem Whitepaper
- Crowdfunding Web page
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018
- Libra Announces Commitment to Support Circle Trade’s Financial Reporting Requirements - November 10, 2018
- Evident Proof, Leading Blockchain Immutable Proof Platform Accept Dash & XRP As Business Adoption Soars - November 10, 2018
- Ethereum Now On Hyperledger Fabric - October 28, 2018
- 8000+ Expected – Blockchain Expo North America Exhibition Announces Expert Speakers - October 26, 2018
- Enjin Smart Wallet Update Will Allow Users To Melt & Send ERC-1155 Tokens - October 26, 2018
- Crypto-Friendly Gallery HOFA Launches in Los Angeles With Qvantum Exhibition - October 26, 2018
- Blockchain Company WePower Announces Plans to Tokenize Estonian Power Grid - October 25, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures, Buys into Crypto Social Network, Minds - October 24, 2018
- Xfinite to release new Blockchain content platform - October 24, 2018
- Omnitude set to transform enterprise business with the move of its ECOM token to Stellar and the introduction of micropayments to users - October 24, 2018
- Nem, Proximax, And Pundi X Join Growing List Of Sportsfix Sponsor Partners - October 23, 2018
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018