Dr. Gavin Wood – the original founder of Ethereum and Ethcore/Parity – is slated to work with Melonport on a new ‘hedge fund’ manager for cryptofinancing portfolios that will run on Wood’s new Polkadot platform. Polkadot will bring multiple kinds of Blockchains into one large network, with pooled security and designed to allow Blockchains which follow certain specifications to integrate easily, creating a single inclusive interoperable multi-chain network.
Melon will provide the first use case – a completely decentralised Blockchain infrastructure intended to give secure and user-friendly access to manage or invest in portfolios, similar to hedge funds. It goes beyond a normal crypto wallet providing a “rule set” which forces certain elements to portfolios (eg. performance calculations and trade restrictions) to be a non-negotiable part whilst allowing user choices on more opinionated matters (eg. price feed sources, exchanges, management fee, etc).
Melonport plans to launch a Melon token pre-sale accepting Ether contributions that will go towards the building of Polkadot and Melon. More information can be expected on this towards the end of the month.
Melon is completely open-source software which is envisaged to enable competitive and decentralised asset management solutions. It will initially be targeted at individuals looking to set up and manage crypto portfolios and build their track records on it. The protocol allows for investing and redeeming in portfolios and will become a way for people to discover and gain exposure to these crypto portfolios cheaply and transparently. As digital assets become more mainstream, we expect this protocol to be adopted by more traditional asset managers.
“We’re very excited to be embarking on this path with Melonport. As a next-generation technology which is able to bring together open chains and enterprise chains, we feel Polkadot is uniquely suited to Melon’s use-case and welcome the challenge of developing this technology to fruition with open arms.”
Mona El Isa, former Goldman Sachs star trader and hedge fund manager who partnered with Reto Trinkler in founding Melonport earlier this year, said;
“Traditional methods of wealth preservation have offered a good service for a long time but we have also seen their limitations. My experience together with Reto’s technical skills have been very complimentary. We believe that a collaboration with Parity, will be very complimentary as well and will help make this idea even bigger.”
Reto Trinkler, a mathematician from one of the world’s leading university, ETH Zurich, developed a profit making algorithm for sports betting exchanges in C++ whilst still at university.
“We thought about this a lot and we really want the Melon project to be an open, collaborative effort. Whilst we plan to develop a set of modules ourselves, we have structured our usage tokens in a way that will reward developers. In this way, we believe we can future proof development and collectively come up with the first ever blockchain protocol and software for asset management.”
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019