The UAE government is organizing the largest virtual Blockchain hackathon in history to push the limits of what’s possible using the Blockchain. With more than $140,000 USD in prizes, the Blockchain Virtual GovHack is seeking out the best and brightest developers, designers and entrepreneurs to take place in this global virtual hackathon.
The hackathon is one part of the overall World GovTechioneers Race, acknowledging government technology pioneers for providing global solutions to global challenges.
The “World GovTechioneers Race” is an annual award designed to acknowledge government technology pioneers for providing global solutions to common global challenges. Winners will be awarded at the 5th annual gathering of the World Government Summit which will take place between the 12th and 14th of February 2017, in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates.
The World Government Summit is a global platform dedicated to the enhancement of government around the world. It convenes over 3000 participants, world leaders, policy makers, international organizations and experts from over 130 countries. In previous years, the Summit hosted a number of thought leaders as keynote speakers. Among the previous speakers, we mention Hon. Barack Obama, President of the United States, H.M. Queen Rania of Jordan, H.E. Ban Ki-moon, Secretary General of the United Nations, H.E. Jim Yong Kim, and many others.
- Monday, November 22: Blockchain Virtual GovHack Registration Opens
- Monday, December 12: Registration Closes
- Thursday, December 15: Approved Project Teams are Notified, Hacking Begins
- Tuesday, January 3: Virtual Meetup – Q&A, Office Hours, Last Minute Support
- Sunday, January 8: Submissions due by 11:59 PM PDT
- Friday, January 13: Finalists Are Contacted
- (All Winners Will Be Publicly Announce at the World Government Summit)
- All hackers will be required to submit their solutions on hackathon.io, including a short 2 minute video demo about their project.
- Finalists from the Hackathon will be selected by a panel of UAE technology experts.
- Judges will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Each submission will be scored in each round based on the following criteria with a minimum score of 0 and maximum score of 20 points, with the final score being the average of the judges’ scores:
- Execution: How well put together was the project and the demo that was shown? Does it solve a genuine consumer problem?(5 Points)
- Impact: Is the solution commercially viable? Does it have the potential to scale? (5 Points)
- Creativity: How out of the box was the solution? (5 Points)
- Design: How well designed, including UX, UI and user flow, was the solution? (5 Points)
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019