The UAE government is organizing the largest virtual Blockchain hackathon in history to push the limits of what’s possible using the Blockchain. With more than $140,000 USD in prizes, the Blockchain Virtual GovHack is seeking out the best and brightest developers, designers and entrepreneurs to take place in this global virtual hackathon.
The hackathon is one part of the overall World GovTechioneers Race, acknowledging government technology pioneers for providing global solutions to global challenges.
The “World GovTechioneers Race” is an annual award designed to acknowledge government technology pioneers for providing global solutions to common global challenges. Winners will be awarded at the 5th annual gathering of the World Government Summit which will take place between the 12th and 14th of February 2017, in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates.
The World Government Summit is a global platform dedicated to the enhancement of government around the world. It convenes over 3000 participants, world leaders, policy makers, international organizations and experts from over 130 countries. In previous years, the Summit hosted a number of thought leaders as keynote speakers. Among the previous speakers, we mention Hon. Barack Obama, President of the United States, H.M. Queen Rania of Jordan, H.E. Ban Ki-moon, Secretary General of the United Nations, H.E. Jim Yong Kim, and many others.
- Monday, November 22: Blockchain Virtual GovHack Registration Opens
- Monday, December 12: Registration Closes
- Thursday, December 15: Approved Project Teams are Notified, Hacking Begins
- Tuesday, January 3: Virtual Meetup – Q&A, Office Hours, Last Minute Support
- Sunday, January 8: Submissions due by 11:59 PM PDT
- Friday, January 13: Finalists Are Contacted
- (All Winners Will Be Publicly Announce at the World Government Summit)
- All hackers will be required to submit their solutions on hackathon.io, including a short 2 minute video demo about their project.
- Finalists from the Hackathon will be selected by a panel of UAE technology experts.
- Judges will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Each submission will be scored in each round based on the following criteria with a minimum score of 0 and maximum score of 20 points, with the final score being the average of the judges’ scores:
- Execution: How well put together was the project and the demo that was shown? Does it solve a genuine consumer problem?(5 Points)
- Impact: Is the solution commercially viable? Does it have the potential to scale? (5 Points)
- Creativity: How out of the box was the solution? (5 Points)
- Design: How well designed, including UX, UI and user flow, was the solution? (5 Points)
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019