The UAE government is organizing the largest virtual Blockchain hackathon in history to push the limits of what’s possible using the Blockchain. With more than $140,000 USD in prizes, the Blockchain Virtual GovHack is seeking out the best and brightest developers, designers and entrepreneurs to take place in this global virtual hackathon.
The hackathon is one part of the overall World GovTechioneers Race, acknowledging government technology pioneers for providing global solutions to global challenges.
The “World GovTechioneers Race” is an annual award designed to acknowledge government technology pioneers for providing global solutions to common global challenges. Winners will be awarded at the 5th annual gathering of the World Government Summit which will take place between the 12th and 14th of February 2017, in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates.
The World Government Summit is a global platform dedicated to the enhancement of government around the world. It convenes over 3000 participants, world leaders, policy makers, international organizations and experts from over 130 countries. In previous years, the Summit hosted a number of thought leaders as keynote speakers. Among the previous speakers, we mention Hon. Barack Obama, President of the United States, H.M. Queen Rania of Jordan, H.E. Ban Ki-moon, Secretary General of the United Nations, H.E. Jim Yong Kim, and many others.
- Monday, November 22: Blockchain Virtual GovHack Registration Opens
- Monday, December 12: Registration Closes
- Thursday, December 15: Approved Project Teams are Notified, Hacking Begins
- Tuesday, January 3: Virtual Meetup – Q&A, Office Hours, Last Minute Support
- Sunday, January 8: Submissions due by 11:59 PM PDT
- Friday, January 13: Finalists Are Contacted
- (All Winners Will Be Publicly Announce at the World Government Summit)
- All hackers will be required to submit their solutions on hackathon.io, including a short 2 minute video demo about their project.
- Finalists from the Hackathon will be selected by a panel of UAE technology experts.
- Judges will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Each submission will be scored in each round based on the following criteria with a minimum score of 0 and maximum score of 20 points, with the final score being the average of the judges’ scores:
- Execution: How well put together was the project and the demo that was shown? Does it solve a genuine consumer problem?(5 Points)
- Impact: Is the solution commercially viable? Does it have the potential to scale? (5 Points)
- Creativity: How out of the box was the solution? (5 Points)
- Design: How well designed, including UX, UI and user flow, was the solution? (5 Points)
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018
- Ripple Unveils Ripple for Good, Plans $100 Million Philanthropy Fund - September 27, 2018
- Electroneum Roars into Top 50 cryptocurrencies - September 27, 2018
- Zcoin Implements Dandelion – Better Privacy on the Blockchain - September 26, 2018
- Leading Global Wealth Management Firm, The Geneva Management Group (GMG) Announces Launch Of New Cryptocurrency Advice Desk - September 25, 2018
- BlockSafe Technologies Rolling out SEC Compliant Security Token Offering - September 25, 2018
- Global Banks Testing Blockchain to Speed up Transactions – 75 join Interbank Information Network (IIN) - September 25, 2018
- ProximaX Sponsors SportsFix Digital StadiumTM for BWF Victor Korea Open - September 25, 2018
- China’s Crypto Mining Behemoth Backs Houston Rockets for the 2018-2019 season - September 20, 2018
- Humanitarian Blockchain Project Humaniq Doubles Number of Nations Where it Brings Better Options for Unbanked - September 20, 2018
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018