Symbiont, a market-leading smart contracts platform for institutional applications of Blockchain technology, has appointed renowned cryptographer Dr. Lisa Yin as its Chief Security Officer and Chief Cryptographer.
In her new role, Dr. Yin will lead the development of advanced security and privacy solutions of Symbiont’s platform.
“The Symbiont team has already solved hard problems that give its platform a competitive edge in terms of both security and performance,” said Dr. Yin. “I am very excited to join the team, and I look forward to keeping Symbiont ahead of the curve on developments in cryptography, which is a critical building block for distributed ledger technology.”
Dr. Yin has over twenty years of experience in research, implementation, consulting and standardization of cutting-edge security technologies, and is a well-known expert in the cryptography community. She was one of three researchers who broke SHA-1, the U.S. Government hash standard. She served as Chief Editor of IEEE P1363, the first comprehensive standard for public key cryptography, which became the foundation for major cryptography standards used today. She received her Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
“Cryptography and computer security are extremely fast-moving fields, so it is imperative to be able to take full advantage of the latest developments, to anticipate and proactively address new forms of attacks,” said Adam Krellenstein, CTO and co-founder of Symbiont. “Lisa’s deep knowledge in cryptography and her broad connections to the research community and the industry will allow us to leverage a wide spectrum of expertise in the fields.”
Symbiont is providing the technology for the most complex, multi-party distributed ledger pilot project to date–syndicated loans–which incorporates strict privacy requirements to keep information confidential among parties sharing data on-ledger. Credit Suisse announced completion of milestones in the project in September, which involves 15 financial institutions and includes Symbiont’s joint venture partner, Ipreo, and R3.
Symbiont is the market-leading smart contracts platform for institutional applications of distributed ledger technology. Disclosed users of its platform include fifteen financial institutions for Smart Loans™, arranged by Credit Suisse and executed via its syndicated loans joint venture with Ipreo; the State of Delaware for Smart Records™; and a major European insurance company for Smart Swaps™ in the catastrophe insurance market.
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019