Berlin-based Blockchain-based fundraising platform, Neufund has successfully raised $2.13 million in seed fund to build a Blockchain-based and investor-directed platform which bridges the world of cryptocurrency and equity. The fund unlocks the resources of cryptocurrency and Blockchain to fund startups and all forms of technological innovation and disruption.
Investors participating in the fundraising round includes Atlantic Labs, Klaas Kersting and a group of undisclosed angel investors.
Neufund is currently in the process of developing an investment platform where investors can fund startups against equity using cryptocurrencies. Once completed, the platform will be available for startups working in the cryptocurrency sector through Initial Coin Offerings (ICO). Neufund claims they weill build a distributed organisation operating on Ethereum Blockchain.
Their whitepaper can be seen here.
According to Neufund’s website, it is the first open venture capital fund. The platform is built on Ethereum Blockchain, utilizing its smart contracts feature. The distributed organization issues crypto tokens representing the equity for startups raising funds through its channel. By using these features, Neufund speeds up the process of capital flow in and out of startups, while reducing the transaction costs.
“In venture capital, both startups and investors have an almost illiquid asset position – transaction costs in and out of a company are very high. Neufund offers a legal and a technical solution to bridge company shares and Blockchain-based tokens. This is completely new because it allows tokens to not only represent ownership in a Blockchain network but also equity in off-chain companies,” said the CEO and co-founder of Neufund Zoe Adamovicz
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018
- Ripple Unveils Ripple for Good, Plans $100 Million Philanthropy Fund - September 27, 2018
- Electroneum Roars into Top 50 cryptocurrencies - September 27, 2018
- Zcoin Implements Dandelion – Better Privacy on the Blockchain - September 26, 2018
- Leading Global Wealth Management Firm, The Geneva Management Group (GMG) Announces Launch Of New Cryptocurrency Advice Desk - September 25, 2018
- BlockSafe Technologies Rolling out SEC Compliant Security Token Offering - September 25, 2018
- Global Banks Testing Blockchain to Speed up Transactions – 75 join Interbank Information Network (IIN) - September 25, 2018
- ProximaX Sponsors SportsFix Digital StadiumTM for BWF Victor Korea Open - September 25, 2018
- China’s Crypto Mining Behemoth Backs Houston Rockets for the 2018-2019 season - September 20, 2018
- Humanitarian Blockchain Project Humaniq Doubles Number of Nations Where it Brings Better Options for Unbanked - September 20, 2018
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018