Berlin-based Blockchain-based fundraising platform, Neufund has successfully raised $2.13 million in seed fund to build a Blockchain-based and investor-directed platform which bridges the world of cryptocurrency and equity. The fund unlocks the resources of cryptocurrency and Blockchain to fund startups and all forms of technological innovation and disruption.
Investors participating in the fundraising round includes Atlantic Labs, Klaas Kersting and a group of undisclosed angel investors.
Neufund is currently in the process of developing an investment platform where investors can fund startups against equity using cryptocurrencies. Once completed, the platform will be available for startups working in the cryptocurrency sector through Initial Coin Offerings (ICO). Neufund claims they weill build a distributed organisation operating on Ethereum Blockchain.
Their whitepaper can be seen here.
According to Neufund’s website, it is the first open venture capital fund. The platform is built on Ethereum Blockchain, utilizing its smart contracts feature. The distributed organization issues crypto tokens representing the equity for startups raising funds through its channel. By using these features, Neufund speeds up the process of capital flow in and out of startups, while reducing the transaction costs.
“In venture capital, both startups and investors have an almost illiquid asset position – transaction costs in and out of a company are very high. Neufund offers a legal and a technical solution to bridge company shares and Blockchain-based tokens. This is completely new because it allows tokens to not only represent ownership in a Blockchain network but also equity in off-chain companies,” said the CEO and co-founder of Neufund Zoe Adamovicz
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019