Votem and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announce the successful completion of the ‘Fan Vote’ for the 2017 Inductees. Votem’s cutting-edge “Blockchain” platform powered the successful fan vote enabling the Rock Hall to easily collect votes from around the world without the risk of ‘software bots’ falsely adding to the vote counts.
Pete Martin, CEO of Votem, stated:
“We are so pleased to have supported the Rock Hall in their online Fan Vote, and Board Vote, this year using our Blockchain-based mobile voting platform. The Rock Hall is a progressive organization and they wanted to ensure that this year’s online vote was secure, accurate and immune to hacking. We’re pleased to have accomplished this for them.”
Todd Mesek, VP Marketing for the Rock Hall, remarked:
“Rock & Roll is all about the fans and tapping into the connection they have with the music. Giving fans a way to engage in the Induction voting taps into that energy and makes deeper connections between the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Rock Fans, as well as among fans themselves.”
Many organizations that run fan votes do so primarily for marketing and promotional purposes but their fans treat these types of votes almost as you would the vote for President – they expect that the vote is fair and without compromise – so it was imperative that this year’s Fan Vote was held to the highest standard possible. For that reason, the Rock Hall partnered with Votem to operate their Fan Vote and Board Vote this year.
Blockchain technology is the underlying foundation for Bitcoin and has been used primarily to tackle issues in financial services. Technology firms and academics around the world have only recently explored Blockchain’s utility in other contexts and online voting has emerged as one of the promising applications of Blockchain. Votem’s online voting platform leveraged the blockchain framework of Tendermint to bring improved uptime, security, and performance to this year’s fan vote.
The 1,880,525 votes for the Rock Hall Fan Vote is the largest use of online voting using Blockchain to date. People from all 50 states and the District of Columbia accessed the Rock Hall voting site from 100 different countries and cast their votes for their favorite rock artists – 60% of those voted from their phones.
Votem is focused on building a mobile voting platform to enable people around the world to easily and securely vote online and from their mobile devices. It’s mobile voting platform, which was built using the Tendermint framework, powered the largest online vote using Blockchain technology in the world to date.
- Smartlands to Digitise Own Equity; Unveils Plans For Security Token Offering in the US - December 9, 2019
- ShareRing Partners with Thailand’s new E-Visa System: Mainstream Blockchain Adoption - December 9, 2019
- ELEV8CON adds BBVA, Bumble Bee Foods, State Street, Ticketmaster to Lineup for Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Asset Conference - December 9, 2019
- Mintdice – Playing it Fair with Blockchain - December 9, 2019
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019