Acronis, a global leader in hybrid-cloud data protection and storage, today announced Acronis True Image 2017 New Generation with Acronis Notary, a Blockchain-based data certification and verification capabilities, Acronis Active Protection – active protection against ransomware attacks on user data, and Acronis ASign, a document signing service.
According to the FBI, damages from ransomware are growing at an alarming rate, affecting thousands of people every day. This year, cyber-attacks will increasingly threaten data on every personal computer and Acronis delivers the ultimate protection for user data.
Acronis True Image is the fastest and most complete personal backup solution, outperforming the closest competition by more than two times (based on internal tests) and protecting data on Windows and Mac computers, iOS and Android mobile devices, and Facebook social network accounts. Acronis True Image delivers ultimate data protection for personal and family data using AES 256 encryption and stores it in multiple destinations, including external drives, NAS devices, network shares, and the secure Acronis Cloud.
Acronis True Image 2017 New Generation is the most secure backup on the market due to new unique data protection capabilities:
- Acronis Notary for Blockchain-based data authentication. Acronis Notary offers certification of the content of any file and verification of content modifications against the original version. Unique, “digital file fingerprints” are stored in a distributed, immutable database based on Blockchain technology. Blockchain allows users to verify the authenticity of the information at any time. This is especially important for valuable documents such as contracts, medical records, and financial documents.
- Acronis Active Protection for real-time active protection against ransomware. Acronis Active Protection identifies unusual activity on computers and prevents malicious applications from damaging user data, backups, and backup software. Cutting-edge behavioral heuristics detect and prevent new and known ransomware attacks, making the backup more secure, and reducing a number of times data need to be restored from the backup.
- Acronis ASign for Blockchain-based document certification. Acronis ASign allows multiple parties to execute and certify a document with a secure and publicly auditable digital signature. Users can protect their backed-up documents, which are verified with Acronis Notary and electronically signed – all within the same reliable backup solution.
“With more than 5 million people using Acronis True Image, we know how to provide data protection for individuals and families around the world,” explains Serguei Beloussov, co-founder, and CEO of Acronis. “With Acronis Active Protection, Acronis True Image 2017 New Generation is the ultimate solution for protection of data against cyber-attacks and an important addition to any anti-virus software, especially free or embedded antivirus software.”
“Modern cyber threats are changing the way people and organizations approach protecting their valuable data, demanding almost on-the-fly adaptation to ever evolving threats,” said Phil Goodwin, Research Director, IDC. “Acronis True Image incorporates interesting leading edge technologies designed to help thwart a range of threats and minimize any potential data loss.”
Eugene Kaspersky, chairman and CEO of Kaspersky Lab, said:
“The world is facing a rising and increasingly dangerous tide of ransomware affecting individuals and businesses alike. Of course, ideally you should never pay criminals if your data is encrypted by ransomware; that’s all very well in theory, but when it’s your family photos or business documents encrypted, the idealism can swiftly go out the window. There are many measures that can be taken to avoid the damage from ransomware, but a high-end Internet security suite and a reliable backup disconnected from the system is still essential to ensure business continuity if the worst does still happen. And I welcome Acronis’s introduction of backup suited to this trend.”
Besides the unique new capabilities, Acronis True Image 2017 New Generation introduces many more improvements and innovative features to secure Acronis’ position as the leading, fastest, and most innovative consumer backup provider:
- Easy to use, modern interface: A touch-friendly interface across all devices with an easy-to-use web interface for remote data access and management.
- Additional features for Mac users: Unmounted NAS support for source and backup destinations, wireless backup of mobile devices to Mac computers with local data browsing capabilities; file notarization and electronic signatures via Acronis Notary and Acronis ASign, and support for Mac OS X Sierra.
- Complete mobile backup experience: AES-256 data encryption, file preview and recovery, browsing of all cloud backups from a mobile device.
- Backup and recovery capabilities for Facebook accounts: Browse and recover a Facebook account data to an existing or new account with data encrypted and stored in the Acronis Cloud.
“I chose Acronis for my family because I really need to trust my data backup. With Acronis we can be sure that our digital belongings are safe thanks to this very reliable and fast data backup and restore technology”, said Franz Tost, Team Principal of Scuderia Toro Rosso Formula 1 Team.
Acronis True Image 2017 New Generation is a new premium subscription for the award-winning Acronis True Image backup solution. Special upgrade pricing is available for the existing Acronis True Image customers. For more details, please visit http://www.acronis.com/en-us/personal/computer-backup/
Pricing starts at $99.99 a year for one computer and 1 TB of Acronis Cloud Storage. Discounts will be provided for a few weeks after the product availability to celebrate the launch of Acronis True Image 2017 New Generation.
Acronis sets the standard for hybrid cloud data protection through its backup, disaster recovery, storage, and secure file sync and share solutions. Powered by the Acronis AnyData Engine and set apart by its image technology, Acronis delivers easy, complete and affordable data protection of all files, applications and operating systems across any environment—virtual, physical, cloud and mobile. Founded in 2003, Acronis protects the data of over 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 145 countries. With more than 100 patents, Acronis products have been named best product of the year, and cover a range of features, including migration, cloning and replication. Today, Acronis solutions are available worldwide through a global network of service providers, distributors and cloud resellers.
For additional information, please visit www.acronis.com
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019