The use of Blockchain technology within the music industry is a hot topic, having snowballed from a vague concept into full legitimacy in recent months. Variations of Blockchain implementations have captured the industry’s attention, however, met with great scepticism and scrutiny over practicality or necessity.
Enter JAAK, the London-based tech company founded by Vaughn McKenzie, Freddie Tibbles and Viktor Tron, who have cut through much of the hype and misinformation surrounding the music and Blockchain space to identify a real solution to a very real problem.
In collaboration with EY, JAAK worked alongside the UK’s performing rights organisations, PRS For Music and PPL, and Viacom. From this, they observed that the diversity of revenue streams associated with the rapid transition to digital, have increased the number of organisations capturing, managing, exchanging and using digital rights and usage metadata.
Discrepancies found in the completeness, accuracy and management of this information can cause severe difficulty, or in many cases impossibility, when licensing content or remunerating the appropriate parties.
In response to this issue, speaking as sponsors of EDCON (The European Ethereum Development Conference) in Paris, Vaughn McKenzie announced MΞTA, a decentralised open network for organisations to capture, store, verify and communicate commercial metadata, drawing upon both Ethereum and Swarm.
Announcing their official industry partners very soon, JAAK will be accepting major music and media organisations to collaborate in piloting the technology via their Guardian Initiative over the coming months.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019