The use of Blockchain technology within the music industry is a hot topic, having snowballed from a vague concept into full legitimacy in recent months. Variations of Blockchain implementations have captured the industry’s attention, however, met with great scepticism and scrutiny over practicality or necessity.
Enter JAAK, the London-based tech company founded by Vaughn McKenzie, Freddie Tibbles and Viktor Tron, who have cut through much of the hype and misinformation surrounding the music and Blockchain space to identify a real solution to a very real problem.
In collaboration with EY, JAAK worked alongside the UK’s performing rights organisations, PRS For Music and PPL, and Viacom. From this, they observed that the diversity of revenue streams associated with the rapid transition to digital, have increased the number of organisations capturing, managing, exchanging and using digital rights and usage metadata.
Discrepancies found in the completeness, accuracy and management of this information can cause severe difficulty, or in many cases impossibility, when licensing content or remunerating the appropriate parties.
In response to this issue, speaking as sponsors of EDCON (The European Ethereum Development Conference) in Paris, Vaughn McKenzie announced MΞTA, a decentralised open network for organisations to capture, store, verify and communicate commercial metadata, drawing upon both Ethereum and Swarm.
Announcing their official industry partners very soon, JAAK will be accepting major music and media organisations to collaborate in piloting the technology via their Guardian Initiative over the coming months.
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019