The use of Blockchain technology within the music industry is a hot topic, having snowballed from a vague concept into full legitimacy in recent months. Variations of Blockchain implementations have captured the industry’s attention, however, met with great scepticism and scrutiny over practicality or necessity.
Enter JAAK, the London-based tech company founded by Vaughn McKenzie, Freddie Tibbles and Viktor Tron, who have cut through much of the hype and misinformation surrounding the music and Blockchain space to identify a real solution to a very real problem.
In collaboration with EY, JAAK worked alongside the UK’s performing rights organisations, PRS For Music and PPL, and Viacom. From this, they observed that the diversity of revenue streams associated with the rapid transition to digital, have increased the number of organisations capturing, managing, exchanging and using digital rights and usage metadata.
Discrepancies found in the completeness, accuracy and management of this information can cause severe difficulty, or in many cases impossibility, when licensing content or remunerating the appropriate parties.
In response to this issue, speaking as sponsors of EDCON (The European Ethereum Development Conference) in Paris, Vaughn McKenzie announced MΞTA, a decentralised open network for organisations to capture, store, verify and communicate commercial metadata, drawing upon both Ethereum and Swarm.
Announcing their official industry partners very soon, JAAK will be accepting major music and media organisations to collaborate in piloting the technology via their Guardian Initiative over the coming months.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019