The use of Blockchain technology within the music industry is a hot topic, having snowballed from a vague concept into full legitimacy in recent months. Variations of Blockchain implementations have captured the industry’s attention, however, met with great scepticism and scrutiny over practicality or necessity.
Enter JAAK, the London-based tech company founded by Vaughn McKenzie, Freddie Tibbles and Viktor Tron, who have cut through much of the hype and misinformation surrounding the music and Blockchain space to identify a real solution to a very real problem.
In collaboration with EY, JAAK worked alongside the UK’s performing rights organisations, PRS For Music and PPL, and Viacom. From this, they observed that the diversity of revenue streams associated with the rapid transition to digital, have increased the number of organisations capturing, managing, exchanging and using digital rights and usage metadata.
Discrepancies found in the completeness, accuracy and management of this information can cause severe difficulty, or in many cases impossibility, when licensing content or remunerating the appropriate parties.
In response to this issue, speaking as sponsors of EDCON (The European Ethereum Development Conference) in Paris, Vaughn McKenzie announced MΞTA, a decentralised open network for organisations to capture, store, verify and communicate commercial metadata, drawing upon both Ethereum and Swarm.
Announcing their official industry partners very soon, JAAK will be accepting major music and media organisations to collaborate in piloting the technology via their Guardian Initiative over the coming months.
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019