Orebits, a provider of digitization services for unrefined commodities, and Symbiont, a Blockchain company, have partnered to bring clients of Orebits the opportunity to invest in unrefined gold via “smart certificates.” The certificates, called “orebits,” are digitized assets, backed by proven gold reserves, which can be exchanged electronically on a peer-to-peer basis. The first orebits were issued on Symbiont’s platform on March 10, 2017.
“Orebits Corp. has created a new asset class, enabled by Symbiont’s distributed ledger technology, which will change the precious metals financing marketplace forever. This new asset class will allow reserve owners to access liquidity from previously illiquid assets,” said Scott Mehlman, CEO of Orebits Corp.
Michael Zimits, President and COO of Orebits Corp., said:
“The operational efficiencies and data auditability provided by Symbiont allows us to bring exposure to unrefined gold into the capital markets.”
The first reserve owner to issue orebits on the new platform, John Comeau of 130 International Inc., said, “I am pleased to be the first in what will be many customers of the orebits digitization process. Orebits Corp. has given me an alternative financing method for my gold reserves that is both elegant and innovative and will allow me to gain the liquidity that I require.”
Symbiont co-Founder and CEO, Mark Smith, said:
“We are excited to be working with Orebits Corp. to bring yet another distributed ledger project from prototype into production. Orebits Corp.’s innovation has created a new avenue for investors to gain exposure to gold, starting at the genesis moment for financial instruments that are tied to gold—namely, when the gold is still in the ground.”
“The privacy and versatility of Symbiont’s smart contracts enabled us to create the Orebits platform as we envisioned,” said Chris Youb, Chief Technology Officer of Orebits Corp. “An orebit is a fungible, digital asset backed by proven gold reserves.”
“The time for digitized gold ownership has arrived in a big way,” Zimits said. “Orebits don’t require investors to deal with issues — such as margins, storage and insurance — that come with previously available methods of investing in gold.”
Orebits Corp. provides asset-digitization services for owners of unrefined commodity reserves into smart certificates called “orebits.” Each transaction is immutably recorded using smart contracts managed on a distributed ledger, giving reserve owners liquidity prior to the reserves being refined and sold in the marketplace, while supplying peripheral investors with an instrument of financial leverage and flexibility, previously unavailable in any other form.
Symbiont is the market-leading smart contracts platform for institutional applications of distributed ledger technology. Disclosed users of its platform include fifteen financial institutions for Smart Loans™, arranged by Credit Suisse and executed via its syndicated loans joint venture with Ipreo; the State of Delaware for Smart Records™; and a major European insurance company for Smart Swaps™ in the catastrophe insurance market.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020