AlphaPoint, a financial services infrastructure firm specializing in blockchain technology, announces today that it has completed a successful proof of technology leveraging the AlphaPoint Distributed Ledger Platform (ADLP) with Scotiabank (NYSE: BNS), a leading international bank headquartered in Toronto.
“Distributed Ledger Technology enables institutions to rethink how data flows within their organizations,” stated Joe Ventura, Founder & CEO of AlphaPoint. “Partnering with Scotiabank is an amazing experience – their team is leading the charge by proving out pragmatic, near-term implementations of this revolutionary technology.”
The AlphaPoint Platform enables firms to digitize financial instruments on its proprietary distributed ledger, rapidly create trading venues for those blockchain assets, and manage pre-trade and post-trade workflows in concert with existing systems.
During technology trials, Scotiabank explored and evaluated how to leverage the platform internally across a range of use cases. A recent study conducted by Accenture and McLagan estimates financial institutions can save $8 – $12 billion per annum through at-scale use of blockchain technology, including savings of up to 70% in reporting, 50% in post-trade, and 50% in compliance.
As part of the multi-month project, trade reports were submitted to a deployment of the AlphaPoint Distributed Ledger Platform, which ran simultaneously on Microsoft’s Azure cloud and AlphaPoint hardware. In real-time, the blockchain network converted FIXML messages to smart contracts and created an immutable “single truth” across the entire network.
Notable features of AlphaPoint’s full-stack platform include:
- Integrated communication with legacy systems
- High throughput – thousands of events per second and sub-second confirmation times
- User-level access controls
- Deterministic smart contracts
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019