AlphaPoint, a financial services infrastructure firm specializing in blockchain technology, announces today that it has completed a successful proof of technology leveraging the AlphaPoint Distributed Ledger Platform (ADLP) with Scotiabank (NYSE: BNS), a leading international bank headquartered in Toronto.
“Distributed Ledger Technology enables institutions to rethink how data flows within their organizations,” stated Joe Ventura, Founder & CEO of AlphaPoint. “Partnering with Scotiabank is an amazing experience – their team is leading the charge by proving out pragmatic, near-term implementations of this revolutionary technology.”
The AlphaPoint Platform enables firms to digitize financial instruments on its proprietary distributed ledger, rapidly create trading venues for those blockchain assets, and manage pre-trade and post-trade workflows in concert with existing systems.
During technology trials, Scotiabank explored and evaluated how to leverage the platform internally across a range of use cases. A recent study conducted by Accenture and McLagan estimates financial institutions can save $8 – $12 billion per annum through at-scale use of blockchain technology, including savings of up to 70% in reporting, 50% in post-trade, and 50% in compliance.
As part of the multi-month project, trade reports were submitted to a deployment of the AlphaPoint Distributed Ledger Platform, which ran simultaneously on Microsoft’s Azure cloud and AlphaPoint hardware. In real-time, the blockchain network converted FIXML messages to smart contracts and created an immutable “single truth” across the entire network.
Notable features of AlphaPoint’s full-stack platform include:
- Integrated communication with legacy systems
- High throughput – thousands of events per second and sub-second confirmation times
- User-level access controls
- Deterministic smart contracts
- The Difference Between Bitcoin and Electronic Money - 29 May 2020
- Ren Launches Mainnet Promising DeFi Interoperability and Potentially Unleashing Billions of Dollars in Crypto Assets into the Ethereum Ecosystem - 27 May 2020
- Apple and Google Release Contract Tracing API for Coronavirus - 21 May 2020