ICONOMI, the world’s leading digital asset management platform, has introduced an industry first repayment program that will increase the stake every participant has in the company. ICONOMI’s repayment programme will include a unique mechanic; the tech company will purchase ICN tokens from exchanges using returns made by its actively managed performance array, and destroy (“burn”) them on a weekly basis, giving each participant a larger percentage share of the total ICN token amount.
The ICONOMI team, whose performance array is already showcasing lucrative returns after strong investments in successful ICOs like Golem, Santiment and Byteball, will start the repayment programme on June 30. All token purchases and prices will be made publicly available in a quarterly report.
ICONOMI Co-founder Tim Zagar said:
“We are proposing a new way to distribute shared value to participants through a repayment programme designed to increase the stake of each ICONOMI contributor. Our performance array is becoming exceedingly effective and it’s clearer now more than ever that cryptocurrency returns are the fastest of any asset class on Earth. For these reasons, we decided to reduce the ICN token count and increase participants’ stake.”
The repayment programme will follow a strict set of rules, today published on the company blog, but the primary financial function is that up to 1000 ETH will be used from April 1st to June 30th to acquire ICN tokens at a fair market price, and then remove them from circulation by sending them to an inaccessible, untouchable smart contract.
“Reducing the circulation creates value in scarcity, and it’s a great way to reward our investors for their continued support. This will not change the way current ICN token holders can buy or sell on any exchange. The proposal in its simplest form is a new way of rewarding holders of a new asset class, the ICN token. We will put this proposal to the community and we will await their feedback,” Zagar said.
The ICONOMI.performance Digital Asset Array (DAA) was launched in November last year with the sole premise to see returns from ICOs expected to gain market momentum. Its success has been phenomenal, and as a result, the ICN token has doubled in just four months from $16 million USD to $32 million USD. ICONOMI, which conducted one of the largest crowd raises in history, has created a unique digital asset management platform that provides a simple way for investors to maximise participation and returns in the decentralized economy.
“We are extremely excited to finally bring our proof of concept to life. We are the first company in crypto to do this, but I promise you we won’t be the last,” Zagar concluded.
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019