Eleven top players in the Luxembourg Blockchain scene have incorporated a non-profit called Infrachain a.s.b.l. dedicated to rapidly facilitate the adoption curve of Blockchain solutions in a trusted and compliant-aware manner in the state.
The members are a mix of large and small technical and non-technical entities that see business opportunities arising from a technology that provides substantial efficiency while creating new legal and business model challenges. The group includes InTech, LuxTrust, Telindus, Snapswap, Scorechain, KYC3, Bitbank, Grant Thornton – Abax Consulting, Deloitte, KPMG, Allen & Overy and the State of Luxembourg.
Infrachain is a part of the Luxembourg ecosystem’s efforts to position itself as a Blockchain competence hub and to attract the rare but much needed Blockchain developers to the country.
“The state is fulfilling its role as a kickstarter and a coordinator while leaving technological and commercial choices to the industry. With this project, we prove once again how Digital Lëtzebuerg can help our ecosystem by kickstarting meaningful projects in cutting-edge technology ”, stated Xavier Bettel, Luxembourg’s Prime minister and minister of Telecommunications.
While acting as a cross-industry effort not only focussed on financial services, Infrachain plans to build a common community Blockchain-as-a-service platform able to bring the numerous Blockchain proof-of-concepts into operations. By providing a Blockchain-technology-agnostic governance layer on top of community-hosted Blockchains backed by service level agreements, Infrachain can serve as a deployment infrastructure with the flexibility and legal framework of private chains and the transparent governance of public chains.
“Being able to bridge the gap between the emerging Blockchain technology and the regulatory and legal environment, is essential for the adoption of this revolutionary technology”, stated Marco Houwen, Infrachain’s current project lead.
If you are interested in joining the Infrachain community or want to know more about the platform, you can check out https://infrachain.com/. The site will soon be updated with a white paper detailing technical and governance principles.
- Katallassos Launches a Standard Framework for Decentralised Derivatives - January 11, 2019
- Dutch Crypto Trading Marketplace Cryptohopper at CES 2019 - January 8, 2019
- Interview with Ammbr – A Blockchain-Enabled Mesh Network Bringing High Speed Internet to Emerging Economies - January 8, 2019
- Zion Market Research Report Explains: Global Blockchain In Energy Market likely to grow to USD 11,899 Million By 2024 - December 27, 2018
- Blythe Masters Resigns as CEO of Digital Asset - December 18, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures Uses Ravencoin Blockchain for Equity Purchase in Chainstone Labs – Completes $3.6 Million Securities Token Transfer - December 18, 2018
- Despite Market Downturn – eToro Survey Reveals Strong Interest in Cryptoasset Education - December 18, 2018
- BlockIMMO brings Blockchain Technology Platform to Tokenize Fractional Real Estate Investment - December 17, 2018
- Algorand Appoints Dual Ph.D. Rock Star Pablo Azar as Chief Economist - December 17, 2018
- Dascoin – Anatomy of Multilevel Marketing Crypto Scam – Coinmarketcap Zero - December 17, 2018
- Dutch Blockchain Company Tymlez Group Starts Trading on Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) - December 13, 2018
- DNAtix Releases Live Demo of its Blockchain based Genetic Infrastructure Platform - December 11, 2018
- IOHK Launches Secure Smart Contracts Technology for Cardano blockchain - December 11, 2018
- XYO Network to Launch of Blockchain Satellite on SpaceX Falcon 9 - December 11, 2018
- Algo Capital to Invest In Promising Companies Built on Algorand Platform – Announces $100 Million Blockchain Fund - December 11, 2018
- Stackr Taps into AI For Investment Solutions to Power a New Savings Solution - December 11, 2018
- Walt Disney Company Cuts Deal with Blockchain-fueled PlayGame.com to Bring Games to Southeast Asian Fans - December 11, 2018
- Huobi Releases New Derivative Market On Huobi Global - December 11, 2018
- Ledger Expands to New York City - November 26, 2018
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018