Eleven top players in the Luxembourg Blockchain scene have incorporated a non-profit called Infrachain a.s.b.l. dedicated to rapidly facilitate the adoption curve of Blockchain solutions in a trusted and compliant-aware manner in the state.
The members are a mix of large and small technical and non-technical entities that see business opportunities arising from a technology that provides substantial efficiency while creating new legal and business model challenges. The group includes InTech, LuxTrust, Telindus, Snapswap, Scorechain, KYC3, Bitbank, Grant Thornton – Abax Consulting, Deloitte, KPMG, Allen & Overy and the State of Luxembourg.
Infrachain is a part of the Luxembourg ecosystem’s efforts to position itself as a Blockchain competence hub and to attract the rare but much needed Blockchain developers to the country.
“The state is fulfilling its role as a kickstarter and a coordinator while leaving technological and commercial choices to the industry. With this project, we prove once again how Digital Lëtzebuerg can help our ecosystem by kickstarting meaningful projects in cutting-edge technology ”, stated Xavier Bettel, Luxembourg’s Prime minister and minister of Telecommunications.
While acting as a cross-industry effort not only focussed on financial services, Infrachain plans to build a common community Blockchain-as-a-service platform able to bring the numerous Blockchain proof-of-concepts into operations. By providing a Blockchain-technology-agnostic governance layer on top of community-hosted Blockchains backed by service level agreements, Infrachain can serve as a deployment infrastructure with the flexibility and legal framework of private chains and the transparent governance of public chains.
“Being able to bridge the gap between the emerging Blockchain technology and the regulatory and legal environment, is essential for the adoption of this revolutionary technology”, stated Marco Houwen, Infrachain’s current project lead.
If you are interested in joining the Infrachain community or want to know more about the platform, you can check out https://infrachain.com/. The site will soon be updated with a white paper detailing technical and governance principles.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019