Eleven top players in the Luxembourg Blockchain scene have incorporated a non-profit called Infrachain a.s.b.l. dedicated to rapidly facilitate the adoption curve of Blockchain solutions in a trusted and compliant-aware manner in the state.
The members are a mix of large and small technical and non-technical entities that see business opportunities arising from a technology that provides substantial efficiency while creating new legal and business model challenges. The group includes InTech, LuxTrust, Telindus, Snapswap, Scorechain, KYC3, Bitbank, Grant Thornton – Abax Consulting, Deloitte, KPMG, Allen & Overy and the State of Luxembourg.
Infrachain is a part of the Luxembourg ecosystem’s efforts to position itself as a Blockchain competence hub and to attract the rare but much needed Blockchain developers to the country.
“The state is fulfilling its role as a kickstarter and a coordinator while leaving technological and commercial choices to the industry. With this project, we prove once again how Digital Lëtzebuerg can help our ecosystem by kickstarting meaningful projects in cutting-edge technology ”, stated Xavier Bettel, Luxembourg’s Prime minister and minister of Telecommunications.
While acting as a cross-industry effort not only focussed on financial services, Infrachain plans to build a common community Blockchain-as-a-service platform able to bring the numerous Blockchain proof-of-concepts into operations. By providing a Blockchain-technology-agnostic governance layer on top of community-hosted Blockchains backed by service level agreements, Infrachain can serve as a deployment infrastructure with the flexibility and legal framework of private chains and the transparent governance of public chains.
“Being able to bridge the gap between the emerging Blockchain technology and the regulatory and legal environment, is essential for the adoption of this revolutionary technology”, stated Marco Houwen, Infrachain’s current project lead.
If you are interested in joining the Infrachain community or want to know more about the platform, you can check out https://infrachain.com/. The site will soon be updated with a white paper detailing technical and governance principles.
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019
- New Research Released on Blockchain and EU Privacy Law Compliance - March 5, 2019
- Token.Agency Kicks Off Blockchain, STO and Tokenomics Service in Europe and North America - February 27, 2019
- Mercedes-Benz Cars Develops Blockchain-Prototype for Sustainable Supply Chains - February 26, 2019
- Open Source, Enterprise-Grade Blockchain Platform Insolar Launches Testnet - February 26, 2019
- IPC to Provide ICE Crypto Feeds to over 6000 Capital Market Participants - February 26, 2019
- Fetch.AI raises $6m in Successful 22 Second Token Sale On Binance Launchpad - February 25, 2019