Eleven top players in the Luxembourg Blockchain scene have incorporated a non-profit called Infrachain a.s.b.l. dedicated to rapidly facilitate the adoption curve of Blockchain solutions in a trusted and compliant-aware manner in the state.
The members are a mix of large and small technical and non-technical entities that see business opportunities arising from a technology that provides substantial efficiency while creating new legal and business model challenges. The group includes InTech, LuxTrust, Telindus, Snapswap, Scorechain, KYC3, Bitbank, Grant Thornton – Abax Consulting, Deloitte, KPMG, Allen & Overy and the State of Luxembourg.
Infrachain is a part of the Luxembourg ecosystem’s efforts to position itself as a Blockchain competence hub and to attract the rare but much needed Blockchain developers to the country.
“The state is fulfilling its role as a kickstarter and a coordinator while leaving technological and commercial choices to the industry. With this project, we prove once again how Digital Lëtzebuerg can help our ecosystem by kickstarting meaningful projects in cutting-edge technology ”, stated Xavier Bettel, Luxembourg’s Prime minister and minister of Telecommunications.
While acting as a cross-industry effort not only focussed on financial services, Infrachain plans to build a common community Blockchain-as-a-service platform able to bring the numerous Blockchain proof-of-concepts into operations. By providing a Blockchain-technology-agnostic governance layer on top of community-hosted Blockchains backed by service level agreements, Infrachain can serve as a deployment infrastructure with the flexibility and legal framework of private chains and the transparent governance of public chains.
“Being able to bridge the gap between the emerging Blockchain technology and the regulatory and legal environment, is essential for the adoption of this revolutionary technology”, stated Marco Houwen, Infrachain’s current project lead.
If you are interested in joining the Infrachain community or want to know more about the platform, you can check out https://infrachain.com/. The site will soon be updated with a white paper detailing technical and governance principles.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019