Storj Labs, a leading decentralized cloud storage provider, has launched a sale of its new Ethereum-based application token, STORJ (formerly SJCX). STORJ tokens will enable users to provide and receive storage services in the Storj Labs network.
Selling the STORJ tokens will enable Storj to advance product development and to speed the rate of innovation in cloud storage. By widely distributing its STORJ tokens to a global group of participants, Storj Labs expects to align interests with its users while accelerating developer adoption and network growth.
Storj Labs disrupts established cloud storage providers like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform which control the $35 billion cloud storage market. Storj is leveraged by more than 20,000 API users and channel partners like Heroku and Microsoft Azure. The company recently exited beta, transitioning users of the platform to commercial support, billing and payment plans.
“Our ultimate goal here at Storj Labs is to disrupt cloud storage by delivering unprecedented security assurance, reliable performance, and blazing speeds – all without a hefty price tag,” said John Quinn, co-founder, Storj Labs. “This Token Sale will help us to significantly increase resources so that we can accelerate development of our decentralized network and disrupt the traditional cloud providers. It redefines our development limits.”
Storj recently announced a migration of SJCX from the Counterparty protocol on the Bitcoin blockchain to the Ethereum ERC20 token standard in an effort to improve quality of service, reduce network transaction fees and encourage Storj users to participate in a more active and robust development community. A 1:1 conversion from SJCX to STORJ will take place for existing token holders.
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019
- Facebook Allegedly Seeking USD$1 Billion VC for Cryptocurrency Project - April 9, 2019
- China to Ban Bitcoin Mining? - April 9, 2019
- Over $440M Orders Purchased – Gate.io Announces Gatechain Token (GT) Point Sale and GT Reward Distribution Results - April 9, 2019
- Bgogo Apollo Plans to Sell Algorand IOUs in an IEO, Without Permission - April 9, 2019