Storj Labs, a leading decentralized cloud storage provider, has launched a sale of its new Ethereum-based application token, STORJ (formerly SJCX). STORJ tokens will enable users to provide and receive storage services in the Storj Labs network.
Selling the STORJ tokens will enable Storj to advance product development and to speed the rate of innovation in cloud storage. By widely distributing its STORJ tokens to a global group of participants, Storj Labs expects to align interests with its users while accelerating developer adoption and network growth.
Storj Labs disrupts established cloud storage providers like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform which control the $35 billion cloud storage market. Storj is leveraged by more than 20,000 API users and channel partners like Heroku and Microsoft Azure. The company recently exited beta, transitioning users of the platform to commercial support, billing and payment plans.
“Our ultimate goal here at Storj Labs is to disrupt cloud storage by delivering unprecedented security assurance, reliable performance, and blazing speeds – all without a hefty price tag,” said John Quinn, co-founder, Storj Labs. “This Token Sale will help us to significantly increase resources so that we can accelerate development of our decentralized network and disrupt the traditional cloud providers. It redefines our development limits.”
Storj recently announced a migration of SJCX from the Counterparty protocol on the Bitcoin blockchain to the Ethereum ERC20 token standard in an effort to improve quality of service, reduce network transaction fees and encourage Storj users to participate in a more active and robust development community. A 1:1 conversion from SJCX to STORJ will take place for existing token holders.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019