Storj Labs, a leading decentralized cloud storage provider, has launched a sale of its new Ethereum-based application token, STORJ (formerly SJCX). STORJ tokens will enable users to provide and receive storage services in the Storj Labs network.
Selling the STORJ tokens will enable Storj to advance product development and to speed the rate of innovation in cloud storage. By widely distributing its STORJ tokens to a global group of participants, Storj Labs expects to align interests with its users while accelerating developer adoption and network growth.
Storj Labs disrupts established cloud storage providers like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform which control the $35 billion cloud storage market. Storj is leveraged by more than 20,000 API users and channel partners like Heroku and Microsoft Azure. The company recently exited beta, transitioning users of the platform to commercial support, billing and payment plans.
“Our ultimate goal here at Storj Labs is to disrupt cloud storage by delivering unprecedented security assurance, reliable performance, and blazing speeds – all without a hefty price tag,” said John Quinn, co-founder, Storj Labs. “This Token Sale will help us to significantly increase resources so that we can accelerate development of our decentralized network and disrupt the traditional cloud providers. It redefines our development limits.”
Storj recently announced a migration of SJCX from the Counterparty protocol on the Bitcoin blockchain to the Ethereum ERC20 token standard in an effort to improve quality of service, reduce network transaction fees and encourage Storj users to participate in a more active and robust development community. A 1:1 conversion from SJCX to STORJ will take place for existing token holders.
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019
- Shanghai Blockchain Week Returns for Fifth Consecutive Year to Discuss the Next Decade of the Blockchain Industry - September 3, 2019
- ICO that Raised $37M in 18 minutes – Monetha – Passes Legal Audit on White Paper Commitments with Flying Colours - September 2, 2019