Storj Labs, a leading decentralized cloud storage provider, has launched a sale of its new Ethereum-based application token, STORJ (formerly SJCX). STORJ tokens will enable users to provide and receive storage services in the Storj Labs network.
Selling the STORJ tokens will enable Storj to advance product development and to speed the rate of innovation in cloud storage. By widely distributing its STORJ tokens to a global group of participants, Storj Labs expects to align interests with its users while accelerating developer adoption and network growth.
Storj Labs disrupts established cloud storage providers like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform which control the $35 billion cloud storage market. Storj is leveraged by more than 20,000 API users and channel partners like Heroku and Microsoft Azure. The company recently exited beta, transitioning users of the platform to commercial support, billing and payment plans.
“Our ultimate goal here at Storj Labs is to disrupt cloud storage by delivering unprecedented security assurance, reliable performance, and blazing speeds – all without a hefty price tag,” said John Quinn, co-founder, Storj Labs. “This Token Sale will help us to significantly increase resources so that we can accelerate development of our decentralized network and disrupt the traditional cloud providers. It redefines our development limits.”
Storj recently announced a migration of SJCX from the Counterparty protocol on the Bitcoin blockchain to the Ethereum ERC20 token standard in an effort to improve quality of service, reduce network transaction fees and encourage Storj users to participate in a more active and robust development community. A 1:1 conversion from SJCX to STORJ will take place for existing token holders.
- Dutch Blockchain Company Tymlez Group Starts Trading on Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) - December 13, 2018
- DNAtix Releases Live Demo of its Blockchain based Genetic Infrastructure Platform - December 11, 2018
- IOHK Launches Secure Smart Contracts Technology for Cardano blockchain - December 11, 2018
- XYO Network to Launch of Blockchain Satellite on SpaceX Falcon 9 - December 11, 2018
- Algo Capital to Invest In Promising Companies Built on Algorand Platform – Announces $100 Million Blockchain Fund - December 11, 2018
- Stackr Taps into AI For Investment Solutions to Power a New Savings Solution - December 11, 2018
- Walt Disney Company Cuts Deal with Blockchain-fueled PlayGame.com to Bring Games to Southeast Asian Fans - December 11, 2018
- Huobi Releases New Derivative Market On Huobi Global - December 11, 2018
- Ledger Expands to New York City - November 26, 2018
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018
- Libra Announces Commitment to Support Circle Trade’s Financial Reporting Requirements - November 10, 2018
- Evident Proof, Leading Blockchain Immutable Proof Platform Accept Dash & XRP As Business Adoption Soars - November 10, 2018
- Ethereum Now On Hyperledger Fabric - October 28, 2018
- 8000+ Expected – Blockchain Expo North America Exhibition Announces Expert Speakers - October 26, 2018
- Enjin Smart Wallet Update Will Allow Users To Melt & Send ERC-1155 Tokens - October 26, 2018
- Crypto-Friendly Gallery HOFA Launches in Los Angeles With Qvantum Exhibition - October 26, 2018
- Blockchain Company WePower Announces Plans to Tokenize Estonian Power Grid - October 25, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures, Buys into Crypto Social Network, Minds - October 24, 2018
- Xfinite to release new Blockchain content platform - October 24, 2018
- Omnitude set to transform enterprise business with the move of its ECOM token to Stellar and the introduction of micropayments to users - October 24, 2018