Binded, a Blockchain-fuelled copyright platform has announced closing on a $950k round of finance bringing the company’s total capital raised to $1.5M. Investors in the round include Mistletoe, Asahi Shimbun, Vectr Ventures, M&Y Growth Partners, Tokyo Founders Fund and Social Starts.
Binded is a technology platform making copyright simple. Digital photographers and artists use it to protect their work, for free.
Creators upload images to their private copyright vault. For every image uploaded, a unique fingerprint is created and saved permanently on the bitcoin Blockchain. The creator receives a copyright certificate with proof of creation.
“Copyright is an increasingly critical matter for Asahi Shimbun and all media companies. Binded has the potential to greatly simplify how we manage and protect our copyrights. Binded is going to be a big business!” said Takashi Horie of Asahi Shimbun.
“In the era of AI and Robotics, creativity is humanity’s most important asset. Binded will become the platform creators use to protect and monetize their creativity. I’m very confident that Nathan and his team will democratize copyright and help create a new economy for creators everywhere.” said Taizo Son, CEO of Mistletoe.
“Japan is one of the largest creators of copyrights. We’re excited to have partners that can help us better understand and serve the Japanese market in the future.” said Nathan Lands, Co-founder & CEO of Binded. “Today the tools to protect creative works are outdated and poorly suited for modern technology. We are going to change that.”
Binded has created integrations with Instagram and Twitter. Binded wants to make it possible to link every creative tool to enable seamless copyright claims at the time of creation. Binded is also developing copyright monitoring technology which identifies possible copyright infringements. The feature is currently in public beta.
Binded will use the new round of funding to hire, build new integrations and add the ability to register copyrights with the U.S. Copyright Office.
Headquartered in Japantown, San Francisco, Binded is a technology company building the world’s first copyright platform. Binded makes it easy for creators to protect their images, for free. Binded’s mission is to make creativity the world’s most valuable asset.
Binded was previously known as Blockai and launched in March 2016. Since launching, Binded has collected over 10M copyright records.
Binded has raised a total of $1.5M from Mistletoe, Vectr Ventures, Asahi Shimbun, Sterling Ventures, Social Starts, M&Y Growth Partners, Tokyo Founders Fund and Scott & Cyan Banister.
For more information, go to www.binded.com.
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019