Binded, a Blockchain-fuelled copyright platform has announced closing on a $950k round of finance bringing the company’s total capital raised to $1.5M. Investors in the round include Mistletoe, Asahi Shimbun, Vectr Ventures, M&Y Growth Partners, Tokyo Founders Fund and Social Starts.
Binded is a technology platform making copyright simple. Digital photographers and artists use it to protect their work, for free.
Creators upload images to their private copyright vault. For every image uploaded, a unique fingerprint is created and saved permanently on the bitcoin Blockchain. The creator receives a copyright certificate with proof of creation.
“Copyright is an increasingly critical matter for Asahi Shimbun and all media companies. Binded has the potential to greatly simplify how we manage and protect our copyrights. Binded is going to be a big business!” said Takashi Horie of Asahi Shimbun.
“In the era of AI and Robotics, creativity is humanity’s most important asset. Binded will become the platform creators use to protect and monetize their creativity. I’m very confident that Nathan and his team will democratize copyright and help create a new economy for creators everywhere.” said Taizo Son, CEO of Mistletoe.
“Japan is one of the largest creators of copyrights. We’re excited to have partners that can help us better understand and serve the Japanese market in the future.” said Nathan Lands, Co-founder & CEO of Binded. “Today the tools to protect creative works are outdated and poorly suited for modern technology. We are going to change that.”
Binded has created integrations with Instagram and Twitter. Binded wants to make it possible to link every creative tool to enable seamless copyright claims at the time of creation. Binded is also developing copyright monitoring technology which identifies possible copyright infringements. The feature is currently in public beta.
Binded will use the new round of funding to hire, build new integrations and add the ability to register copyrights with the U.S. Copyright Office.
Headquartered in Japantown, San Francisco, Binded is a technology company building the world’s first copyright platform. Binded makes it easy for creators to protect their images, for free. Binded’s mission is to make creativity the world’s most valuable asset.
Binded was previously known as Blockai and launched in March 2016. Since launching, Binded has collected over 10M copyright records.
Binded has raised a total of $1.5M from Mistletoe, Vectr Ventures, Asahi Shimbun, Sterling Ventures, Social Starts, M&Y Growth Partners, Tokyo Founders Fund and Scott & Cyan Banister.
For more information, go to www.binded.com.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019