Binded, a Blockchain-fuelled copyright platform has announced closing on a $950k round of finance bringing the company’s total capital raised to $1.5M. Investors in the round include Mistletoe, Asahi Shimbun, Vectr Ventures, M&Y Growth Partners, Tokyo Founders Fund and Social Starts.
Binded is a technology platform making copyright simple. Digital photographers and artists use it to protect their work, for free.
Creators upload images to their private copyright vault. For every image uploaded, a unique fingerprint is created and saved permanently on the bitcoin Blockchain. The creator receives a copyright certificate with proof of creation.
“Copyright is an increasingly critical matter for Asahi Shimbun and all media companies. Binded has the potential to greatly simplify how we manage and protect our copyrights. Binded is going to be a big business!” said Takashi Horie of Asahi Shimbun.
“In the era of AI and Robotics, creativity is humanity’s most important asset. Binded will become the platform creators use to protect and monetize their creativity. I’m very confident that Nathan and his team will democratize copyright and help create a new economy for creators everywhere.” said Taizo Son, CEO of Mistletoe.
“Japan is one of the largest creators of copyrights. We’re excited to have partners that can help us better understand and serve the Japanese market in the future.” said Nathan Lands, Co-founder & CEO of Binded. “Today the tools to protect creative works are outdated and poorly suited for modern technology. We are going to change that.”
Binded has created integrations with Instagram and Twitter. Binded wants to make it possible to link every creative tool to enable seamless copyright claims at the time of creation. Binded is also developing copyright monitoring technology which identifies possible copyright infringements. The feature is currently in public beta.
Binded will use the new round of funding to hire, build new integrations and add the ability to register copyrights with the U.S. Copyright Office.
Headquartered in Japantown, San Francisco, Binded is a technology company building the world’s first copyright platform. Binded makes it easy for creators to protect their images, for free. Binded’s mission is to make creativity the world’s most valuable asset.
Binded was previously known as Blockai and launched in March 2016. Since launching, Binded has collected over 10M copyright records.
Binded has raised a total of $1.5M from Mistletoe, Vectr Ventures, Asahi Shimbun, Sterling Ventures, Social Starts, M&Y Growth Partners, Tokyo Founders Fund and Scott & Cyan Banister.
For more information, go to www.binded.com.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019