Binded, a Blockchain-fuelled copyright platform has announced closing on a $950k round of finance bringing the company’s total capital raised to $1.5M. Investors in the round include Mistletoe, Asahi Shimbun, Vectr Ventures, M&Y Growth Partners, Tokyo Founders Fund and Social Starts.
Binded is a technology platform making copyright simple. Digital photographers and artists use it to protect their work, for free.
Creators upload images to their private copyright vault. For every image uploaded, a unique fingerprint is created and saved permanently on the bitcoin Blockchain. The creator receives a copyright certificate with proof of creation.
“Copyright is an increasingly critical matter for Asahi Shimbun and all media companies. Binded has the potential to greatly simplify how we manage and protect our copyrights. Binded is going to be a big business!” said Takashi Horie of Asahi Shimbun.
“In the era of AI and Robotics, creativity is humanity’s most important asset. Binded will become the platform creators use to protect and monetize their creativity. I’m very confident that Nathan and his team will democratize copyright and help create a new economy for creators everywhere.” said Taizo Son, CEO of Mistletoe.
“Japan is one of the largest creators of copyrights. We’re excited to have partners that can help us better understand and serve the Japanese market in the future.” said Nathan Lands, Co-founder & CEO of Binded. “Today the tools to protect creative works are outdated and poorly suited for modern technology. We are going to change that.”
Binded has created integrations with Instagram and Twitter. Binded wants to make it possible to link every creative tool to enable seamless copyright claims at the time of creation. Binded is also developing copyright monitoring technology which identifies possible copyright infringements. The feature is currently in public beta.
Binded will use the new round of funding to hire, build new integrations and add the ability to register copyrights with the U.S. Copyright Office.
Headquartered in Japantown, San Francisco, Binded is a technology company building the world’s first copyright platform. Binded makes it easy for creators to protect their images, for free. Binded’s mission is to make creativity the world’s most valuable asset.
Binded was previously known as Blockai and launched in March 2016. Since launching, Binded has collected over 10M copyright records.
Binded has raised a total of $1.5M from Mistletoe, Vectr Ventures, Asahi Shimbun, Sterling Ventures, Social Starts, M&Y Growth Partners, Tokyo Founders Fund and Scott & Cyan Banister.
For more information, go to www.binded.com.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019