Credits (CRDS), a community-driven cryptographic currency, has announced its first public release to take place on the 17th of June, 2017. Designed around accessibility, ease of use, and equality of opportunity, Credits offers people the opportunity to participate in the development of an innovative new cryptocurrency.
Unlike most other cryptocurrencies, mining Credits is done using a CPU, utilizing the cutting-edge, award-winning Argon2d algorithm. In addition to botnet resistance, the Argon2d algorithm is resistant to both GPU mining and ASICs, meaning that anyone with a computer, the Credits wallet software, and an internet connection can mine Credits without being forced out of the market by the widespread GPU and ASIC farms which are currently monopolizing most cryptocurrency mining. Furthermore, Credits protects against multi-mining and jump-mining pools through the implementation of Gulden’s latest difficulty retargeting algorithm, DELTA—the most advanced retargeting algorithm available today.
Credits also features Masternodes, which form a 2nd layer of security on the network, process InstantSend transactions, and mix CRDS for PrivateSend transactions. Masternode and PoW (Proof-of-Work) rewards have been mapped for a 36-year period in order to incentivize a continued return on the investments of both Masternode operators and PoW miners alike; over this 36-year coin creation period, Masternode rewards gradually increase and PoW rewards gradually decrease. This 36-year design ensures the longevity of the network.
In the initial release, the Credits DAO (governance system) will be disabled in order to eliminate the risk of early majority control of the Masternode network. This will prevent malicious parties from creating proposals, voting as a bloc, and subsequently defrauding the network. This governance functionality can be brought online at a later stage, once the Masternode network has grown in size.
Mining will begin at the moment of launch, 10:00 p.m. UTC on the 17th of June. The first block of Credits, containing 475,000 CRDS in total and representing 0.5% of the total coin supply, will be allocated to feature bounties, marketing, hosting costs, and initial development.
As a community-driven project, Credits is completely open source and development will not be centralized in the hands of just one developer—anyone can contribute to the project. The Credits community is currently located on Slack and Bitcointalk (see below), and anyone is welcome to join and participate.
- CEO Patrick M. Byrne Resigns From Overstock Over ‘Deep State’ Comment and Affair with a Russian Spy – Stock Rises - August 22, 2019
- Telx Technologies Launches World’s First Cryptocurrency Sim Card Wallet And Phone Number - August 22, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies - August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin - August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts - August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences - August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology - August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019