Credits (CRDS), a community-driven cryptographic currency, has announced its first public release to take place on the 17th of June, 2017. Designed around accessibility, ease of use, and equality of opportunity, Credits offers people the opportunity to participate in the development of an innovative new cryptocurrency.
Unlike most other cryptocurrencies, mining Credits is done using a CPU, utilizing the cutting-edge, award-winning Argon2d algorithm. In addition to botnet resistance, the Argon2d algorithm is resistant to both GPU mining and ASICs, meaning that anyone with a computer, the Credits wallet software, and an internet connection can mine Credits without being forced out of the market by the widespread GPU and ASIC farms which are currently monopolizing most cryptocurrency mining. Furthermore, Credits protects against multi-mining and jump-mining pools through the implementation of Gulden’s latest difficulty retargeting algorithm, DELTA—the most advanced retargeting algorithm available today.
Credits also features Masternodes, which form a 2nd layer of security on the network, process InstantSend transactions, and mix CRDS for PrivateSend transactions. Masternode and PoW (Proof-of-Work) rewards have been mapped for a 36-year period in order to incentivize a continued return on the investments of both Masternode operators and PoW miners alike; over this 36-year coin creation period, Masternode rewards gradually increase and PoW rewards gradually decrease. This 36-year design ensures the longevity of the network.
In the initial release, the Credits DAO (governance system) will be disabled in order to eliminate the risk of early majority control of the Masternode network. This will prevent malicious parties from creating proposals, voting as a bloc, and subsequently defrauding the network. This governance functionality can be brought online at a later stage, once the Masternode network has grown in size.
Mining will begin at the moment of launch, 10:00 p.m. UTC on the 17th of June. The first block of Credits, containing 475,000 CRDS in total and representing 0.5% of the total coin supply, will be allocated to feature bounties, marketing, hosting costs, and initial development.
As a community-driven project, Credits is completely open source and development will not be centralized in the hands of just one developer—anyone can contribute to the project. The Credits community is currently located on Slack and Bitcointalk (see below), and anyone is welcome to join and participate.
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018
- Tokenomy Announces the Full Launch of Tokenomy Exchange - September 17, 2018
- Pandora Boxchain Creates Reputation Token for the Ethereum network - September 13, 2018
- DNAtix Sets a New Record: Compresses DNA Sequences to 99 per cent of Original Size - September 12, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Femergy Launches Global Entrepreneurship Platform To Tackle Tech Gender Gap - September 12, 2018
- First Crypto Marathon held in Lithuania – Runners win Tokens - September 11, 2018
- EU Holds Off on Crypto Regulation - September 11, 2018
- European Parliamentarians Propose EU-Wide ICO Regulatory Framework - September 6, 2018
- Former Prime Minister of Estonia Becomes New Chairman of Blockchain Startup Lympo - September 6, 2018
- Warhol Goes Crypto – Multi Million Dollar Group Sale to 100 Participants Using Blockchain-Fueled Maecenas Platform - September 5, 2018
- Credits and Lenovo to join forces on the Internet of Things - September 5, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Wala Wins 2018 Zambezi Prize for Innovation in Financial Inclusion - September 5, 2018
- Stellar Lumen Joins Lykke Exchange - September 3, 2018
- Arteïa, The Ultimate Decentralized Cataloging Solution To Manage The Value Of Art Collections - August 30, 2018
- Neon Exchange (NEX) – First Regulated Exchange Security Token in Europe – Announces ICO - August 30, 2018
- Evident Proof Passes Smart Contract Audit with a 100 Percent Score - August 29, 2018
- Blockchain Platform Orbs Marks Strategic Expansion Into South Korea - August 29, 2018
- Lisk Rolls Out Lisk Core 1.0 to Mainnet - August 29, 2018