Classic venture fund Capinvest 21 together with a group of Asian investors (Asia LP) are launching a venture fund formed on Blockchain technology called FinShi Capital, which will be formed with the help of an ICO, using only cryptocurrency. FinShi Capital’s focus are investments in Blockchain and fintech projects on seed and A rounds.
FinShi Capital is the third venture fund formed by Capinvest 21’s team. In 2015 they launched a one million dollars seed fund, and then in 2016 they formed the second fund with one hundred million dollars. Capinvest 21 has been operating since 2008, they have offices in Russia, Cyprus and Singapore. Their current portfolio contains 7 startups.
According to Capinvest 21’s managing partner Andrey Orlov, the main issues that scare venture investors off Blockchain and cryptocurrency are complicated legal implementation, imperfection of legal structure and mixed feelings that classic investors have about Blockchain. It took half a year to figure out the first two and now all that is left before launching the fund are some small technical issues.
Investors who can invest in a fund during crowdsale have several advantages of those who work with classic venture funds. First of all, it is the quality of projects’ selection and management: the team of experts with solid experience in venture business will carefully choose promising startups.
All in all, the fund will invest in 15 to 30 projects, which afterwards will get guidance on development and value growth.
It’s no secret that the more popular ICOs become the more fraud projects appear. The experts would never select suspicious projects. Secondly, there is no way for an investor to become a fund’s partner with only one dollar in his pocket, because usually funds would greet you as a partner only if you have at least half a million dollars. And finally, classic venture fund’s investors don’t have an opportunity to exit at any time, while FinShi Capital partners can sell the increasing in price tokens whenever they like, or they can choose to keep them to get dividends. The fund will work for 2 years, and is expected to have more than 520% per annum income.
To find out how demanding this kind of fund is among private and corporate investors, Capinvest 21 will launch pre-ICO in June, and then ICO in July, 2017.
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019