Classic venture fund Capinvest 21 together with a group of Asian investors (Asia LP) are launching a venture fund formed on Blockchain technology called FinShi Capital, which will be formed with the help of an ICO, using only cryptocurrency. FinShi Capital’s focus are investments in Blockchain and fintech projects on seed and A rounds.
FinShi Capital is the third venture fund formed by Capinvest 21’s team. In 2015 they launched a one million dollars seed fund, and then in 2016 they formed the second fund with one hundred million dollars. Capinvest 21 has been operating since 2008, they have offices in Russia, Cyprus and Singapore. Their current portfolio contains 7 startups.
According to Capinvest 21’s managing partner Andrey Orlov, the main issues that scare venture investors off Blockchain and cryptocurrency are complicated legal implementation, imperfection of legal structure and mixed feelings that classic investors have about Blockchain. It took half a year to figure out the first two and now all that is left before launching the fund are some small technical issues.
Investors who can invest in a fund during crowdsale have several advantages of those who work with classic venture funds. First of all, it is the quality of projects’ selection and management: the team of experts with solid experience in venture business will carefully choose promising startups.
All in all, the fund will invest in 15 to 30 projects, which afterwards will get guidance on development and value growth.
It’s no secret that the more popular ICOs become the more fraud projects appear. The experts would never select suspicious projects. Secondly, there is no way for an investor to become a fund’s partner with only one dollar in his pocket, because usually funds would greet you as a partner only if you have at least half a million dollars. And finally, classic venture fund’s investors don’t have an opportunity to exit at any time, while FinShi Capital partners can sell the increasing in price tokens whenever they like, or they can choose to keep them to get dividends. The fund will work for 2 years, and is expected to have more than 520% per annum income.
To find out how demanding this kind of fund is among private and corporate investors, Capinvest 21 will launch pre-ICO in June, and then ICO in July, 2017.
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018
- Ripple Unveils Ripple for Good, Plans $100 Million Philanthropy Fund - September 27, 2018
- Electroneum Roars into Top 50 cryptocurrencies - September 27, 2018
- Zcoin Implements Dandelion – Better Privacy on the Blockchain - September 26, 2018
- Leading Global Wealth Management Firm, The Geneva Management Group (GMG) Announces Launch Of New Cryptocurrency Advice Desk - September 25, 2018
- BlockSafe Technologies Rolling out SEC Compliant Security Token Offering - September 25, 2018
- Global Banks Testing Blockchain to Speed up Transactions – 75 join Interbank Information Network (IIN) - September 25, 2018
- ProximaX Sponsors SportsFix Digital StadiumTM for BWF Victor Korea Open - September 25, 2018
- China’s Crypto Mining Behemoth Backs Houston Rockets for the 2018-2019 season - September 20, 2018
- Humanitarian Blockchain Project Humaniq Doubles Number of Nations Where it Brings Better Options for Unbanked - September 20, 2018
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018