EXMO, a UK-based cryptocurrency exchange operating in multiple fiat and cryptocurrency pairs, has added WAVES to its list of offered coins. The exchange recognizes the growing popularity of the custom token platform in the crypto-domain, as well as the potential for continued interest and sustained growth of the WAVES token in the blockchain crowdfunding scene.
EXMO will initially list the WAVES/BTC pair. As well as USD and EUR fiat options, the exchange also supports Russian Roubles (RUB) and Ukrainian Hryvnia (UAH), offering many paths between the traditional fiat system and the cryptoeconomy.
WAVES has seen a significant increase in value since May, passing $1 less than 6 weeks ago and rising to $5 by early June. The Waves platform is gaining traction amongst online and real-world businesses, with multiple ICOs collecting many millions of dollars in Waves hosted crowdsales. Straightforward token operations, a clean UX and a built-in decentralised exchange (DEX) have attracted token issuers into their growing ranks.
Keeping pace with the fast-moving landscape of cryptocurrency, the exchange has recently been extensively redesigned to make it more user-friendly – with more streamlined verification processes, a more intuitive trading interface and additional tools to help traders understand their current positions.
Moreover, EXMO is expanding with key new currency pairs. Earlier in June the exchange added ETH/EUR, ETH/LTC and DASH/RUB, reflecting the growing importance of ETH and DASH in the global cryptocurrency scene. In the coming weeks further trading instruments will be added to the platform.
“We’re very pleased that EXMO has added WAVES,” said Sasha Ivanov, CEO of Waves. “Although cryptocurrency exchanges operate within a competitive environment, there are few that are fit for purpose. EXMO boasts a serious and professional team, they have a clear plan for growing their business and increasing the market share. We are really looking forward to the opportunities presented by this partnership.”
The Waves Platform is a decentralized crowdfunding and digital asset platform. It is the largest blockchain project to originate from Russia. The Waves platform is primarily designed to support the issuance, trade and exchange of digital assets/tokens using blockchain technology. The project is characterized by its emphasis on usability and widespread application. It uses Proof-of-Stake as its consensus algorithm. Waves Platform completed its Initial Coin Offering in June 2016, collecting more than $16 million (30,000 BTC).
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019