The Qtum Foundation is pleased to announce the launch of Sparknet, the first public test of its innovative Blockchain platform, which combines crucial advantages of Bitcoin, Ethereum’s Virtual Machine and proof-of-stake consensus.
The Qtum (pronounced Quantum) Blockchain model was inspired by the rivalry between proponent developers of the world’s most active Blockchain communities, said Qtum co-founder Patrick Dai.
“We want to illustrate efficient scalability and compatibility between Blockchain technologies,” said Dai. Qtum raised $15.6 million in a crowdsale in March.
The Qtum Blockchain operates according to the Unspent Transaction Output (UTXO) model, which ensures consistency in transactions and the traceability of tokens. At the same time, a virtual machine for smart contracts is layered on top of Qtum’s Blockchain, which presents to developers a best-of-both-worlds architecture for the construction of decentralized mobile applications and other Blockchain-based ventures.
Co-founder Jordan Earls, who leads Qtum’s team of almost two-dozen developers, said the testnet would feature an Ethereum Virtual Machine smart contract implementation along with Qtum’s PoS protocol.
“I’m ready to get this in the hands of the community and see what everyone’s response to it will be, in particular, what features other developers can come up with,” said Earls.
“The Qtum team continues to execute, and build what can be one of the most exciting and innovative railroads in the Blockchain ecosystem,” said Matthew Roszak, Qtum Angel investor and co-founder of Bloq.
Six decentralized applications are already being built for the Blockchain, Dai said. Among the applications are a peer-to-peer mobile streaming platform and a prediction market.
While these applications are geared to the Chinese market, the Qtum Blockchain will appeal to a global audience, accessible to all developers.
“Like many others around the world, I’m eagerly awaiting the launch,” said Roger Ver, Qtum Angel investor who has been investing in bitcoin startups since the beginning.
To get developers familiar with Qtum, the Foundation is sponsoring a hackathon in Moscow on July 1-2. For more information, visit Blockchainhack.ru
Visit Qtum’s Github page to view the project’s code repository, which will be accessible to the public on the day of the testnet launch.
Qtum is a Blockchain application platform. At its core, Qtum combines the advantages of Bitcoin Core, an Account Abstraction Layer allowing for multiple virtual machines, including the Ethereum Virtual Machine, and a proof-of-stake consensus protocol aimed at tackling industry use cases. The Qtum Foundation, headquartered in Singapore, is the decision-making body that drives the project’s development. Learn more at qtum.org.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019