The Qtum Foundation is pleased to announce the launch of Sparknet, the first public test of its innovative Blockchain platform, which combines crucial advantages of Bitcoin, Ethereum’s Virtual Machine and proof-of-stake consensus.
The Qtum (pronounced Quantum) Blockchain model was inspired by the rivalry between proponent developers of the world’s most active Blockchain communities, said Qtum co-founder Patrick Dai.
“We want to illustrate efficient scalability and compatibility between Blockchain technologies,” said Dai. Qtum raised $15.6 million in a crowdsale in March.
The Qtum Blockchain operates according to the Unspent Transaction Output (UTXO) model, which ensures consistency in transactions and the traceability of tokens. At the same time, a virtual machine for smart contracts is layered on top of Qtum’s Blockchain, which presents to developers a best-of-both-worlds architecture for the construction of decentralized mobile applications and other Blockchain-based ventures.
Co-founder Jordan Earls, who leads Qtum’s team of almost two-dozen developers, said the testnet would feature an Ethereum Virtual Machine smart contract implementation along with Qtum’s PoS protocol.
“I’m ready to get this in the hands of the community and see what everyone’s response to it will be, in particular, what features other developers can come up with,” said Earls.
“The Qtum team continues to execute, and build what can be one of the most exciting and innovative railroads in the Blockchain ecosystem,” said Matthew Roszak, Qtum Angel investor and co-founder of Bloq.
Six decentralized applications are already being built for the Blockchain, Dai said. Among the applications are a peer-to-peer mobile streaming platform and a prediction market.
While these applications are geared to the Chinese market, the Qtum Blockchain will appeal to a global audience, accessible to all developers.
“Like many others around the world, I’m eagerly awaiting the launch,” said Roger Ver, Qtum Angel investor who has been investing in bitcoin startups since the beginning.
To get developers familiar with Qtum, the Foundation is sponsoring a hackathon in Moscow on July 1-2. For more information, visit Blockchainhack.ru
Visit Qtum’s Github page to view the project’s code repository, which will be accessible to the public on the day of the testnet launch.
Qtum is a Blockchain application platform. At its core, Qtum combines the advantages of Bitcoin Core, an Account Abstraction Layer allowing for multiple virtual machines, including the Ethereum Virtual Machine, and a proof-of-stake consensus protocol aimed at tackling industry use cases. The Qtum Foundation, headquartered in Singapore, is the decision-making body that drives the project’s development. Learn more at qtum.org.
- Block Lattice Architecture Or Blockchain? DLT or DAG? Europeans Rally on GDPR-Compliant, Open Source, Cross-Border Framework for Phone Application Development - April 9, 2020
- Canadian Blockchain-Energised Company VitalHub Announces Deployment of COVID-19 Electronic Screening Tool for Long Term Care - April 8, 2020
- Blockchain Powered Immuno-Oncology Company Mateon Claims Anti-Malarial Drug Called Artemisinin, Derived from Asian Medicine Can Help Fight Covid-19 - April 8, 2020
- Auto Manufacturer Tesla To Use Blockchain Technology to Speed Up Shipping Supply Chain - April 8, 2020
- BlockConf DIGITAL Announces Epic 48-hours Online Blockchain Conference - April 7, 2020
- Global Virtual Earth Day Event Planned for April 22nd EST From The Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition - April 7, 2020
- ConsenSys’ Health Division Kicks Off STOP COVID-19 International Ethereum Hackathon – April 13, 2020 - April 7, 2020
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020