The Qtum Foundation is pleased to announce the launch of Sparknet, the first public test of its innovative Blockchain platform, which combines crucial advantages of Bitcoin, Ethereum’s Virtual Machine and proof-of-stake consensus.
The Qtum (pronounced Quantum) Blockchain model was inspired by the rivalry between proponent developers of the world’s most active Blockchain communities, said Qtum co-founder Patrick Dai.
“We want to illustrate efficient scalability and compatibility between Blockchain technologies,” said Dai. Qtum raised $15.6 million in a crowdsale in March.
The Qtum Blockchain operates according to the Unspent Transaction Output (UTXO) model, which ensures consistency in transactions and the traceability of tokens. At the same time, a virtual machine for smart contracts is layered on top of Qtum’s Blockchain, which presents to developers a best-of-both-worlds architecture for the construction of decentralized mobile applications and other Blockchain-based ventures.
Co-founder Jordan Earls, who leads Qtum’s team of almost two-dozen developers, said the testnet would feature an Ethereum Virtual Machine smart contract implementation along with Qtum’s PoS protocol.
“I’m ready to get this in the hands of the community and see what everyone’s response to it will be, in particular, what features other developers can come up with,” said Earls.
“The Qtum team continues to execute, and build what can be one of the most exciting and innovative railroads in the Blockchain ecosystem,” said Matthew Roszak, Qtum Angel investor and co-founder of Bloq.
Six decentralized applications are already being built for the Blockchain, Dai said. Among the applications are a peer-to-peer mobile streaming platform and a prediction market.
While these applications are geared to the Chinese market, the Qtum Blockchain will appeal to a global audience, accessible to all developers.
“Like many others around the world, I’m eagerly awaiting the launch,” said Roger Ver, Qtum Angel investor who has been investing in bitcoin startups since the beginning.
To get developers familiar with Qtum, the Foundation is sponsoring a hackathon in Moscow on July 1-2. For more information, visit Blockchainhack.ru
Visit Qtum’s Github page to view the project’s code repository, which will be accessible to the public on the day of the testnet launch.
Qtum is a Blockchain application platform. At its core, Qtum combines the advantages of Bitcoin Core, an Account Abstraction Layer allowing for multiple virtual machines, including the Ethereum Virtual Machine, and a proof-of-stake consensus protocol aimed at tackling industry use cases. The Qtum Foundation, headquartered in Singapore, is the decision-making body that drives the project’s development. Learn more at qtum.org.
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020
- Swiss company Overfuture To Offer Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding (Security Token Offering) - January 29, 2020