DENT Wireless has announced its plan to create a decentralized mobile data exchange, liberating users to buy and sell mobile data anywhere at any time. Global mobile data revenues in a single month are USD 32 billion, according to technology market research firm Parks Associates, USD 4.8 billion of which represents profit from unused data at the end of the month. The DENT platform will enable users to buy, sell, or donate their excess mobile data through its proprietary Ethereum blockchain-powered marketplace, using a new universal currency for data markets, the DENT Token.
The DENT Exchange will partner with global and local mobile telecommunications providers, offering them access to DENT’s API to facilitate a fully transparent and user-friendly way to trade mobile data, increasingly considered to be one of the world’s most important commodities.
The team at DENT Wireless has a long and proven track record of founding successful tech companies. DENT is co-founded by Mikko Linnamäki, an accomplished serial entrepreneur since 1994. Mikko, originating from Finland, is also a co-founder of DOVECOT, the world’s most popular IMAP server with a global market share of 72% and over 4 million installations. Over 2.5 billion users entrust their email storage to DOVECOT.
“DENT is the world’s first global marketplace for mobile data, with fully transparent and dynamic pricing,” said Tero Katajainen, CEO and Founder of DENT Wireless, “DENT will allow subscribers to monetize their unused data or quickly buy extra mobile data at low prices. DENT will also prove to be of enormous benefit to travellers who can avoid very expensive roaming charges by buying data locally via the marketplace. The platform will unlock the full potential of global data usage, thus benefitting users and telcos alike.”
Also joining in an advisory role is Dr. Rainer Deutschmann with over 20 years of experience in consulting, telco and tech industries working at companies like McKinsey, Deutsche Telekom and Reliance Industries. Most recently, as Chief Product & Innovation Officer, Rainer helped launch Reliance Jio, the €25 billion ($28 billion) telecom and digital services venture, acquiring 100 million customers within six months. Jio disrupts the telco landscape to democratize mobile broadband for the 1.3 billion people in India.
DENT Wireless is preparing to initiate their token crowdsale, beginning at 14:00 UK time, GMT+1, July 12, 2017. In preparation for this crowdsale, the team at DENT has released an official whitepaper to outline the inner workings of the DENT Exchange; the platform on which data will be bought and sold.
DENT Wireless Ltd., based in Hong Kong, was founded in 2014 as Commando Coder Ltd. when Tero Katajainen decided to develop an automated FOREX trading system with built-in risk management functions. Parts of this product are now being integrated into the DENT Exchange to allow buying, selling, and donating of mobile data packages on the marketplace based on Ethereum Blockchain.
- Bitcoin Legend Charlie Shrem and BLOCKTV Team up to Bring Untold Stories to the Screen - February 26, 2020
- KLM To Use Blockchain to Streamline Financial Processes Thanks to Amsterdam-based Unchain and R3 - February 25, 2020
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020