DENT Wireless has announced its plan to create a decentralized mobile data exchange, liberating users to buy and sell mobile data anywhere at any time. Global mobile data revenues in a single month are USD 32 billion, according to technology market research firm Parks Associates, USD 4.8 billion of which represents profit from unused data at the end of the month. The DENT platform will enable users to buy, sell, or donate their excess mobile data through its proprietary Ethereum blockchain-powered marketplace, using a new universal currency for data markets, the DENT Token.
The DENT Exchange will partner with global and local mobile telecommunications providers, offering them access to DENT’s API to facilitate a fully transparent and user-friendly way to trade mobile data, increasingly considered to be one of the world’s most important commodities.
The team at DENT Wireless has a long and proven track record of founding successful tech companies. DENT is co-founded by Mikko Linnamäki, an accomplished serial entrepreneur since 1994. Mikko, originating from Finland, is also a co-founder of DOVECOT, the world’s most popular IMAP server with a global market share of 72% and over 4 million installations. Over 2.5 billion users entrust their email storage to DOVECOT.
“DENT is the world’s first global marketplace for mobile data, with fully transparent and dynamic pricing,” said Tero Katajainen, CEO and Founder of DENT Wireless, “DENT will allow subscribers to monetize their unused data or quickly buy extra mobile data at low prices. DENT will also prove to be of enormous benefit to travellers who can avoid very expensive roaming charges by buying data locally via the marketplace. The platform will unlock the full potential of global data usage, thus benefitting users and telcos alike.”
Also joining in an advisory role is Dr. Rainer Deutschmann with over 20 years of experience in consulting, telco and tech industries working at companies like McKinsey, Deutsche Telekom and Reliance Industries. Most recently, as Chief Product & Innovation Officer, Rainer helped launch Reliance Jio, the €25 billion ($28 billion) telecom and digital services venture, acquiring 100 million customers within six months. Jio disrupts the telco landscape to democratize mobile broadband for the 1.3 billion people in India.
DENT Wireless is preparing to initiate their token crowdsale, beginning at 14:00 UK time, GMT+1, July 12, 2017. In preparation for this crowdsale, the team at DENT has released an official whitepaper to outline the inner workings of the DENT Exchange; the platform on which data will be bought and sold.
DENT Wireless Ltd., based in Hong Kong, was founded in 2014 as Commando Coder Ltd. when Tero Katajainen decided to develop an automated FOREX trading system with built-in risk management functions. Parts of this product are now being integrated into the DENT Exchange to allow buying, selling, and donating of mobile data packages on the marketplace based on Ethereum Blockchain.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019