The Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) announced the establishment of a Technical Steering Committee that will focus on the EntEth1.0 reference architecture. In addition to the Technical Steering Committee, seven member-driven Working Groups, each driven by Blockchain or industry thought leaders were put in place. The Working Groups will work toward delivering specific advancements to the development and use of Ethereum-based technologies in multiple vertical markets.
“The EEA has made the largest commitment to member-driven working groups in the industry focusing on innovative Blockchain technologies and applications to solve real-world problems,” said Jeremy Millar, founding board member, EEA. “Many of the Blockchain industry’s best and brightest have agreed to contribute their leadership and energy as a chair for an EEA work group. We thank them and all the working group members for their support and efforts.”
The Technical Steering Committee will provide guidance to the Working Groups producing technical specifications and code, reviewing and approving deliverables from various Working Groups for submission to the Board of Directors, and liaising with other committees to assist with directing the EEA work to the right places.
Nearly everything which goes through the Technical Steering Committee should manifest as specifications which apply to Ethereum client codebases (i.e. Quorum, pyethapp, STRATO, Nuco, Burrow, etc.) rather than to higher layers, such as applications built on these clients.
The EEA Technical Steering Committee, Working Groups, and Chairs
- Technical Steering Committee, Chair: Alex Batlin, BNY Mellon
- Token Working Group, Chair: Alex Batlin, BNY Mellon
- Banking Working Group, Chair: Amber Baldet, J.P. Morgan
- Healthcare Working Group, Chair: Fabian Wahl, Merck KGaA
- Insurance Working Group, Chairs: Stephan Karpischek and Christoph Mussenbrock, Etherisc Inc.
- Advertising Industry Working Group, Chair: Mike Goldin, MetaX / ConsenSys
- Legal Industry Working Group, Chair: Aaron Wright, Associate Clinical Professor of Law at Cardozo Law School and Director of Cardozo’s Blockchain Project
- Supply Chain Working Group, Chair: Tyler Mulvihill, Authentick / ConsenSys
The Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) connects Fortune 500 enterprises, startups, academics, and technology vendors with Ethereum subject matter experts. Building upon the only smart contract supporting Blockchain currently running in real-world production – Ethereum –the EEA defines enterprise-grade software capable of handling the most complex, highly-demanding applications at the speed of business. For additional information about joining the EEA, please reach out to [email protected].
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019