The Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) announced the establishment of a Technical Steering Committee that will focus on the EntEth1.0 reference architecture. In addition to the Technical Steering Committee, seven member-driven Working Groups, each driven by Blockchain or industry thought leaders were put in place. The Working Groups will work toward delivering specific advancements to the development and use of Ethereum-based technologies in multiple vertical markets.
“The EEA has made the largest commitment to member-driven working groups in the industry focusing on innovative Blockchain technologies and applications to solve real-world problems,” said Jeremy Millar, founding board member, EEA. “Many of the Blockchain industry’s best and brightest have agreed to contribute their leadership and energy as a chair for an EEA work group. We thank them and all the working group members for their support and efforts.”
The Technical Steering Committee will provide guidance to the Working Groups producing technical specifications and code, reviewing and approving deliverables from various Working Groups for submission to the Board of Directors, and liaising with other committees to assist with directing the EEA work to the right places.
Nearly everything which goes through the Technical Steering Committee should manifest as specifications which apply to Ethereum client codebases (i.e. Quorum, pyethapp, STRATO, Nuco, Burrow, etc.) rather than to higher layers, such as applications built on these clients.
The EEA Technical Steering Committee, Working Groups, and Chairs
- Technical Steering Committee, Chair: Alex Batlin, BNY Mellon
- Token Working Group, Chair: Alex Batlin, BNY Mellon
- Banking Working Group, Chair: Amber Baldet, J.P. Morgan
- Healthcare Working Group, Chair: Fabian Wahl, Merck KGaA
- Insurance Working Group, Chairs: Stephan Karpischek and Christoph Mussenbrock, Etherisc Inc.
- Advertising Industry Working Group, Chair: Mike Goldin, MetaX / ConsenSys
- Legal Industry Working Group, Chair: Aaron Wright, Associate Clinical Professor of Law at Cardozo Law School and Director of Cardozo’s Blockchain Project
- Supply Chain Working Group, Chair: Tyler Mulvihill, Authentick / ConsenSys
The Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) connects Fortune 500 enterprises, startups, academics, and technology vendors with Ethereum subject matter experts. Building upon the only smart contract supporting Blockchain currently running in real-world production – Ethereum –the EEA defines enterprise-grade software capable of handling the most complex, highly-demanding applications at the speed of business. For additional information about joining the EEA, please reach out to [email protected].
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomi Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019