The Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) announced the establishment of a Technical Steering Committee that will focus on the EntEth1.0 reference architecture. In addition to the Technical Steering Committee, seven member-driven Working Groups, each driven by Blockchain or industry thought leaders were put in place. The Working Groups will work toward delivering specific advancements to the development and use of Ethereum-based technologies in multiple vertical markets.
“The EEA has made the largest commitment to member-driven working groups in the industry focusing on innovative Blockchain technologies and applications to solve real-world problems,” said Jeremy Millar, founding board member, EEA. “Many of the Blockchain industry’s best and brightest have agreed to contribute their leadership and energy as a chair for an EEA work group. We thank them and all the working group members for their support and efforts.”
The Technical Steering Committee will provide guidance to the Working Groups producing technical specifications and code, reviewing and approving deliverables from various Working Groups for submission to the Board of Directors, and liaising with other committees to assist with directing the EEA work to the right places.
Nearly everything which goes through the Technical Steering Committee should manifest as specifications which apply to Ethereum client codebases (i.e. Quorum, pyethapp, STRATO, Nuco, Burrow, etc.) rather than to higher layers, such as applications built on these clients.
The EEA Technical Steering Committee, Working Groups, and Chairs
- Technical Steering Committee, Chair: Alex Batlin, BNY Mellon
- Token Working Group, Chair: Alex Batlin, BNY Mellon
- Banking Working Group, Chair: Amber Baldet, J.P. Morgan
- Healthcare Working Group, Chair: Fabian Wahl, Merck KGaA
- Insurance Working Group, Chairs: Stephan Karpischek and Christoph Mussenbrock, Etherisc Inc.
- Advertising Industry Working Group, Chair: Mike Goldin, MetaX / ConsenSys
- Legal Industry Working Group, Chair: Aaron Wright, Associate Clinical Professor of Law at Cardozo Law School and Director of Cardozo’s Blockchain Project
- Supply Chain Working Group, Chair: Tyler Mulvihill, Authentick / ConsenSys
The Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) connects Fortune 500 enterprises, startups, academics, and technology vendors with Ethereum subject matter experts. Building upon the only smart contract supporting Blockchain currently running in real-world production – Ethereum –the EEA defines enterprise-grade software capable of handling the most complex, highly-demanding applications at the speed of business. For additional information about joining the EEA, please reach out to [email protected].
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019