Hungry Panda Games a AAA game developer powered by Ethereum and eSports announced the launch of its ICO, starting July 17th, 2017. The Hungry Panda Games ICO will offer the cryptocurrency community an opportunity to support the launch of a new game platform breaking preconceived notions of what games can be by exploring the creative and market possibilities of the medium.
The cryptocurrency developed will cater to the needs of the hardcore gaming community. The HPC token can be used to pay for premium in-game content, compete in eSports competitions, share in yearly game revenue payouts, or sell on an exchange. The 30 Day HPG ICO starting on July 18th, 2017, will go on until August 18th, 2017, during which 40 million Hungry Panda Coin(HPC) tokens will be made available for purchase at a price of 100 HPC/ 1 ETH. Hungry Panda Games intends to raise a total of 400000 ETH during the crowdsale.
Hungry Panda Games ICO differs from others in that they are not focused on the gambling industry. All proceeds from the release of tokens in the ICO shall be used to finance further development, support, marketing of new game-related projects. While other ICOs are built on theoretical or unproven business models; Hungry Panda Games will integrate the existing game market into the cryptocurrency community.
Hungry Panda Games will utilize a percentage of revenue made by games developed to repurchase the tokens from holders. All profits made on will be audited and made available to token holders as it was done in the past with previous crowdfunded projects.
- Develop trailblazing game titles that capture the eSports community
- Adds the cryptocurrency monetization model into the AAA game ecosystem
- Give gamers more flexibility and ownership of their game accounts
- Give the token community flexibility within the bonus payout model
- Ensure the ERC 20 tokens retain their value by fortifying them with standard monetary currency
- Create an industry leading Blockchain based business utilizing a proven business model, large well-known market, and familiar revenue strategy
Ether is the only supported cryptocurrency for the token campaign. Contributions from Ethereum clients such as Metamask, Parity, Mist, or MyEtherWallet are fully supported. Hungry Panda Games will release the destination address for the token sale campaign on its website few hours before the ICO. Upon receiving the ETH contribution, the platform will convert it to HPC tokens and send it back to the participant’s wallet.
Hungry Panda Games encourages crowdsale participants to confirm the address on Ethereum block explorers like Etherscan before sending the tokens. Also, people should make sure that they don’t make ETH contributions from online exchange services like Kraken, Coinbase, Poloniex, etc., as Hungry Panda Games won’t be able to send HPC tokens to those addresses. They are also requested to be wary of third parties who claim to distribute HPC tokens on behalf of Hungry Panda Games as there are no such parties involved in the crowdsale.
Hungry Panda Games is a pioneering startup game developer founded by JC Brackens, who, up until recently, was the Chief Operating Officer of Sparkjumpers game studio. The teams combined 30+ years of game experience will be put to use building critically acclaimed top grossing game titles supported by Blockchain technology. Hungry Panda Games goal is to empower cryptocurrencies users within the game and eSports industry through value creation and collective ownership.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019