Over 200 attendees representing companies from throughout Europe and North America gathered at the World Trade Centre in Barcelona to attend CoinAgenda Europe – the only global conference aimed at both retail and institutional investors in the digital currency market, to discuss the future of blockchain technologies and digital currencies across the sector.
The conference series showcased the most innovative companies through its Startup and ICO Contest. At the Barcelona event held on July 16-18, twenty-four contestants presented to a panel of five prominent, independent VC, investor judges and CoinAgenda attendees.
From the impressive roster, five companies emerged as winners. In a three-way-tie for first place, awards went to:
- SALT Lending, developers of the first blockchain-backed lending ecosystem featuring Secured Automated Lending Technology which facilitates a new market for loads that are cost effective and fair, and which protects the investments of both lenders and borrowers.
- The Hive Platform, the first cryptocurrency-based invoice financing platform, also tied for first place in recognition of its Ethereum blockchain-powered end-to-end platform that will give small and medium size enterprises (SMEs) easy access to short-term financing by turning their accounts receivables into tradable assets.
- Omega One also shared first-place honours for its development of a decentralized, automated execution system that trades across the world’s crypto exchanges, shielding its members from counterparty risk and reducing the costs of trading.
- DENT Wireless, the world’s first blockchain based Mobile Data Exchange, Tokenizing the mobile data industry and ceating a world-wide marketplace on Ethereum Blockchain to sell and buy Mobile Data with DENT Tokens.
- Closely followed by Propy, the first P2P real estate exchange platform using Ethereum smart contracts and decentralised title registry, awarded third place in recognition of how its real-estate marketplace will solve the problems of purchasing property across borders, through facilitating connections between international entities to enable the seamless purchase of international real estate online.
“We were overwhelmed with the positive reaction to the first-ever CoinAgenda Europe,” said conference director Michael Terpin. “A lot of companies received great exposure to the top-tier investors and funds attending, and the judges found three companies to be of such high quality that they all received perfect scores.”
“The top three winners of the last CoinAgenda in March (CoinAgenda Caribbean) went on to raise more than $200 million,” continued Terpin, “so we wish the latest batch of winners an equivalent degree of success and look forward to our largest event, CoinAgenda Global, in Las Vegas, October 24-26.”
First place (three-way tie) winners were each received $7500 in combined sponsorship awards from CoinAgenda, and tickets to d10e, BECON, and ICO Summit. Second and third place winners received $4400 each for a combined total event awards purse of more than $30k.
Founded in 2014 by the Transform Group and BitAngels blockchain angel network, CoinAgenda is widely recognised as the premier Bitcoin and Digital Currency Investors Conference series that connects and informs investors and entrepreneurs in the bitcoin, blockchain and cryptocurrency sectors. Previous CoinAgenda conferences have been held in Las Vegas and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
For more information about the CoinAgenda conference series please visit http://coinagenda.com/
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019