Over 200 attendees representing companies from throughout Europe and North America gathered at the World Trade Centre in Barcelona to attend CoinAgenda Europe – the only global conference aimed at both retail and institutional investors in the digital currency market, to discuss the future of blockchain technologies and digital currencies across the sector.
The conference series showcased the most innovative companies through its Startup and ICO Contest. At the Barcelona event held on July 16-18, twenty-four contestants presented to a panel of five prominent, independent VC, investor judges and CoinAgenda attendees.
From the impressive roster, five companies emerged as winners. In a three-way-tie for first place, awards went to:
- SALT Lending, developers of the first blockchain-backed lending ecosystem featuring Secured Automated Lending Technology which facilitates a new market for loads that are cost effective and fair, and which protects the investments of both lenders and borrowers.
- The Hive Platform, the first cryptocurrency-based invoice financing platform, also tied for first place in recognition of its Ethereum blockchain-powered end-to-end platform that will give small and medium size enterprises (SMEs) easy access to short-term financing by turning their accounts receivables into tradable assets.
- Omega One also shared first-place honours for its development of a decentralized, automated execution system that trades across the world’s crypto exchanges, shielding its members from counterparty risk and reducing the costs of trading.
- DENT Wireless, the world’s first blockchain based Mobile Data Exchange, Tokenizing the mobile data industry and ceating a world-wide marketplace on Ethereum Blockchain to sell and buy Mobile Data with DENT Tokens.
- Closely followed by Propy, the first P2P real estate exchange platform using Ethereum smart contracts and decentralised title registry, awarded third place in recognition of how its real-estate marketplace will solve the problems of purchasing property across borders, through facilitating connections between international entities to enable the seamless purchase of international real estate online.
“We were overwhelmed with the positive reaction to the first-ever CoinAgenda Europe,” said conference director Michael Terpin. “A lot of companies received great exposure to the top-tier investors and funds attending, and the judges found three companies to be of such high quality that they all received perfect scores.”
“The top three winners of the last CoinAgenda in March (CoinAgenda Caribbean) went on to raise more than $200 million,” continued Terpin, “so we wish the latest batch of winners an equivalent degree of success and look forward to our largest event, CoinAgenda Global, in Las Vegas, October 24-26.”
First place (three-way tie) winners were each received $7500 in combined sponsorship awards from CoinAgenda, and tickets to d10e, BECON, and ICO Summit. Second and third place winners received $4400 each for a combined total event awards purse of more than $30k.
Founded in 2014 by the Transform Group and BitAngels blockchain angel network, CoinAgenda is widely recognised as the premier Bitcoin and Digital Currency Investors Conference series that connects and informs investors and entrepreneurs in the bitcoin, blockchain and cryptocurrency sectors. Previous CoinAgenda conferences have been held in Las Vegas and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
For more information about the CoinAgenda conference series please visit http://coinagenda.com/
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018
- Ripple Unveils Ripple for Good, Plans $100 Million Philanthropy Fund - September 27, 2018
- Electroneum Roars into Top 50 cryptocurrencies - September 27, 2018
- Zcoin Implements Dandelion – Better Privacy on the Blockchain - September 26, 2018
- Leading Global Wealth Management Firm, The Geneva Management Group (GMG) Announces Launch Of New Cryptocurrency Advice Desk - September 25, 2018
- BlockSafe Technologies Rolling out SEC Compliant Security Token Offering - September 25, 2018
- Global Banks Testing Blockchain to Speed up Transactions – 75 join Interbank Information Network (IIN) - September 25, 2018
- ProximaX Sponsors SportsFix Digital StadiumTM for BWF Victor Korea Open - September 25, 2018
- China’s Crypto Mining Behemoth Backs Houston Rockets for the 2018-2019 season - September 20, 2018
- Humanitarian Blockchain Project Humaniq Doubles Number of Nations Where it Brings Better Options for Unbanked - September 20, 2018
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018