Over 200 attendees representing companies from throughout Europe and North America gathered at the World Trade Centre in Barcelona to attend CoinAgenda Europe – the only global conference aimed at both retail and institutional investors in the digital currency market, to discuss the future of blockchain technologies and digital currencies across the sector.
The conference series showcased the most innovative companies through its Startup and ICO Contest. At the Barcelona event held on July 16-18, twenty-four contestants presented to a panel of five prominent, independent VC, investor judges and CoinAgenda attendees.
From the impressive roster, five companies emerged as winners. In a three-way-tie for first place, awards went to:
- SALT Lending, developers of the first blockchain-backed lending ecosystem featuring Secured Automated Lending Technology which facilitates a new market for loads that are cost effective and fair, and which protects the investments of both lenders and borrowers.
- The Hive Platform, the first cryptocurrency-based invoice financing platform, also tied for first place in recognition of its Ethereum blockchain-powered end-to-end platform that will give small and medium size enterprises (SMEs) easy access to short-term financing by turning their accounts receivables into tradable assets.
- Omega One also shared first-place honours for its development of a decentralized, automated execution system that trades across the world’s crypto exchanges, shielding its members from counterparty risk and reducing the costs of trading.
- DENT Wireless, the world’s first blockchain based Mobile Data Exchange, Tokenizing the mobile data industry and ceating a world-wide marketplace on Ethereum Blockchain to sell and buy Mobile Data with DENT Tokens.
- Closely followed by Propy, the first P2P real estate exchange platform using Ethereum smart contracts and decentralised title registry, awarded third place in recognition of how its real-estate marketplace will solve the problems of purchasing property across borders, through facilitating connections between international entities to enable the seamless purchase of international real estate online.
“We were overwhelmed with the positive reaction to the first-ever CoinAgenda Europe,” said conference director Michael Terpin. “A lot of companies received great exposure to the top-tier investors and funds attending, and the judges found three companies to be of such high quality that they all received perfect scores.”
“The top three winners of the last CoinAgenda in March (CoinAgenda Caribbean) went on to raise more than $200 million,” continued Terpin, “so we wish the latest batch of winners an equivalent degree of success and look forward to our largest event, CoinAgenda Global, in Las Vegas, October 24-26.”
First place (three-way tie) winners were each received $7500 in combined sponsorship awards from CoinAgenda, and tickets to d10e, BECON, and ICO Summit. Second and third place winners received $4400 each for a combined total event awards purse of more than $30k.
Founded in 2014 by the Transform Group and BitAngels blockchain angel network, CoinAgenda is widely recognised as the premier Bitcoin and Digital Currency Investors Conference series that connects and informs investors and entrepreneurs in the bitcoin, blockchain and cryptocurrency sectors. Previous CoinAgenda conferences have been held in Las Vegas and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
For more information about the CoinAgenda conference series please visit http://coinagenda.com/
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019
- New Research Released on Blockchain and EU Privacy Law Compliance - March 5, 2019
- Token.Agency Kicks Off Blockchain, STO and Tokenomics Service in Europe and North America - February 27, 2019
- Mercedes-Benz Cars Develops Blockchain-Prototype for Sustainable Supply Chains - February 26, 2019
- Open Source, Enterprise-Grade Blockchain Platform Insolar Launches Testnet - February 26, 2019
- IPC to Provide ICE Crypto Feeds to over 6000 Capital Market Participants - February 26, 2019
- Fetch.AI raises $6m in Successful 22 Second Token Sale On Binance Launchpad - February 25, 2019