Propy, a peer-to-peer real estate exchange platform built on Blockchain technology, today announced the launch of its token sale next week. Propy is the first ever global property store with decentralized title registry. Propy automates real estate purchases with smart contracts, eliminating time, paperwork and costs for buyers and sellers in the global real estate marketplace.
The token sale for PRO tokens includes 1M initial tokens. 15 percent (15M) are earmarked for donation back to the developer community to support the evolvement of the Blockchain infrastructure, security and scalablity solutions.
More information and Propy’s white paper on the technology can be found here.
Real estate’s illiquidity and centralization present significant inefficiencies for investors, especially those purchasing properties abroad. There are currently no international standards or comprehensive technologies for electronic property rights transfers. Legacy registry systems were created to handle local investors, but are ill-equipped to manage international ownership transfer. To solve these problems, the Propy Registry is powered by smart contracts to track and execute real-estate transactions according to regional regulations. By using the Ethereum Blockchain, Propy allows brokers, buyers, sellers, and title agents/notaries to sign off on transactions using private keys within their existing legal frameworks.
“Propy is proposing a new decentralized global real estate market with a unified real-time transaction interface approaching the functionality and speed of electronic stock market exchange platforms,” said Natalia Karayaneva, CEO of Propy. “It will allow real estate assets to become liquid, while providing users with greater control and protection of their property rights. We’re excited about disrupting the real estate sector and helping to eliminate common challenges that result in illiquidity, uncertainty and delays.
“Propy’s international team includes founders and early employees from the United States, Europe, Russia, Ukraine, and Singapore, all sharing the knowledge of their markets,” said Michael Arrington, Founder of TechCrunch and an advisor to Propy. “The company’s Chief Blockchain Architect Andrey Zamovski has applied his deep knowledge of cryptography and Ethereum smart contracts to build this innovative technology. The entire team shows all the signs of persistence and execution.”
The ERC20 PRO token will allow for both simple integration into users’ wallets and ease of use in traditional exchanges. The token will be required for interaction with the Propy Registry, specifically when users change ownership of a title or register a new title. 35,000,000 PRO tokens will be available for purchase in PRO’s token sale beginning soon.
“Regarding security issues such as Parity wallet hack the token sale Propy uses a wallet that is a closed smart contract (unlike open-source Parity wallet), which among other features allows account recovery via special 2-factor authentication service, called secondfacdtor.io.” shared Andrey Zamovski, the Chief Blockchain Architect at Propy.
“Even if a customer loses his/her password he/she will be able to security regain access to his assets by going through an authentication with the two services described above.”
“To my knowledge, this is the first 2-factor authentication service, implemented in Ethereum (if you don’t count traditional multi-sig wallets)”, shares Zamovski.
For more information, please visit: http://tokensale.propy.com/
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020