Decentraland unveiled the world’s first uncensorable internet meme art today in two giant busts, the first called ‘DecentraPepe’ and the second called ‘Vitalik Busterin’. These busts are currently viewable on the Decentraland testnet. Decentraland is the world’s first virtual reality platform, owned by and controlled by the users of Decentraland.
- Two 3D busts launched on Decentraland; one DecentraPepe, and one Vitalik Busterin
- These busts were designed by the community, and mark the launch of uncensorable art in virtual reality
- More kinds of virtual art and infrastructure being developed by the Decentraland community in advance of their token sale on August 8th
The introduction of these busts mark the first wave of uncensorable community art in any virtual reality platform. That the Decentraland community came together to design and place these busts in Decentraland show the demand for freedom of expression, and Decentraland will be the first VR platform to facilitate this entirely. There are already proposals for virtual art museums, cinemas, and more.
This boom in community creation and direction occurs as the Decentraland token sale nears. Their token sale is planned for August the 8th, 2017. They are looking to raise ETH for use in supporting the creation of Decentraland’s user owned virtual world, modeled on Snowcrash’s Metaverse. If you’d like to learn more, you can go to decentraland.org and join their community to stay up to date.
Decentraland is a virtual reality world owned and controlled by the users. Users control Decentraland by owning Ethereum blockchain-land, on which they can create and monetize anything they desire. Early development is happening on gaming, art, gambling, and social applications, with many more to come.
More here, if you want to dive into the app: https://decentraland.org/app/
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019