Decentraland unveiled the world’s first uncensorable internet meme art today in two giant busts, the first called ‘DecentraPepe’ and the second called ‘Vitalik Busterin’. These busts are currently viewable on the Decentraland testnet. Decentraland is the world’s first virtual reality platform, owned by and controlled by the users of Decentraland.
- Two 3D busts launched on Decentraland; one DecentraPepe, and one Vitalik Busterin
- These busts were designed by the community, and mark the launch of uncensorable art in virtual reality
- More kinds of virtual art and infrastructure being developed by the Decentraland community in advance of their token sale on August 8th
The introduction of these busts mark the first wave of uncensorable community art in any virtual reality platform. That the Decentraland community came together to design and place these busts in Decentraland show the demand for freedom of expression, and Decentraland will be the first VR platform to facilitate this entirely. There are already proposals for virtual art museums, cinemas, and more.
This boom in community creation and direction occurs as the Decentraland token sale nears. Their token sale is planned for August the 8th, 2017. They are looking to raise ETH for use in supporting the creation of Decentraland’s user owned virtual world, modeled on Snowcrash’s Metaverse. If you’d like to learn more, you can go to decentraland.org and join their community to stay up to date.
Decentraland is a virtual reality world owned and controlled by the users. Users control Decentraland by owning Ethereum blockchain-land, on which they can create and monetize anything they desire. Early development is happening on gaming, art, gambling, and social applications, with many more to come.
More here, if you want to dive into the app: https://decentraland.org/app/
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019