Decentraland unveiled the world’s first uncensorable internet meme art today in two giant busts, the first called ‘DecentraPepe’ and the second called ‘Vitalik Busterin’. These busts are currently viewable on the Decentraland testnet. Decentraland is the world’s first virtual reality platform, owned by and controlled by the users of Decentraland.
- Two 3D busts launched on Decentraland; one DecentraPepe, and one Vitalik Busterin
- These busts were designed by the community, and mark the launch of uncensorable art in virtual reality
- More kinds of virtual art and infrastructure being developed by the Decentraland community in advance of their token sale on August 8th
The introduction of these busts mark the first wave of uncensorable community art in any virtual reality platform. That the Decentraland community came together to design and place these busts in Decentraland show the demand for freedom of expression, and Decentraland will be the first VR platform to facilitate this entirely. There are already proposals for virtual art museums, cinemas, and more.
This boom in community creation and direction occurs as the Decentraland token sale nears. Their token sale is planned for August the 8th, 2017. They are looking to raise ETH for use in supporting the creation of Decentraland’s user owned virtual world, modeled on Snowcrash’s Metaverse. If you’d like to learn more, you can go to decentraland.org and join their community to stay up to date.
Decentraland is a virtual reality world owned and controlled by the users. Users control Decentraland by owning Ethereum blockchain-land, on which they can create and monetize anything they desire. Early development is happening on gaming, art, gambling, and social applications, with many more to come.
More here, if you want to dive into the app: https://decentraland.org/app/
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020