The NEM.io Foundation, creators of the peer-to-peer NEM blockchain platform providing payments, messaging, asset making and more, and Australia’s leading blockchain company, Blockchain Global today announced it is set to power the world’s first dedicated cryptocurrency exchange platform for the NEM Foundation.
The exchange will be built exclusively for the NEM cryptocurrency (XEM), which has a market share of $A1.5 billion and is the sixth most valuable blockchain token in the world.
“This NEM exchange is the world’s first cryptocurrency exchange of its kind and we’re looking forward to working with Blockchain Global to build it,” said Lon Wong, President of NEM Foundation.
The NEM exchange will be built by white-labelling the technology powering Blockchain Global’s Australian Cryptocurrency Exchange (ACX), which is Australia’s largest bitcoin exchange by volume, with over $A600million bitcoins traded to date.
In one year, ACX had grown rapidly to dominate 70 per cent of Australia’s bitcoin exchange market share by offering customers deep liquidity, lowest prices, and no trading fees when buying and selling Bitcoins.
“There is no one else in Australia building cryptocurrency exchanges and this partnership places us at the forefront of Australia’s fintech innovation,” said Sam Lee, CEO of Blockchain Global.
“We’re excited for NEM to leverage our exchange, Blockchain IP, and know-how to spearhead the development of this platform with more cryptocurrency exchanges to follow,” said Lee.
While Bitcoin, with about 45 per cent market share of the global $110 billion cryptocurrency market cap, is the most commonly traded cryptocurrency, this exchange will instead feature the XEM currency with more cryptocurrencies to follow, allowing NEM Foundation to take full control of developing their smart asset offering.
“We hope this cutting-edge NEM Exchange will pave the way for more world-leading cryptocurrencies to take control of their future with their own cryptocurrency trading platforms,” said William Saunders, Business Development Manager from Blockchain Global.
“With the global cryptocurrency ecosystem bursting at the seams, we want to make sure businesses using NEM’s smart asset offering are not set back by the inability of global cryptocurrency exchanges keep up with demand,” said Lon Wong, President of NEM Foundation.
NEM Foundation is expected to spend around US$40million in the next year to fund their global expansion programs and is allocating US$5 million towards supporting blockchain companies. These companies will be incubated in the new Blockchain Center co-working space in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, recently opened as an initiative of the NEM Foundation and Blockchain Global.
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019