Indorse, a new social platform built on Ethereum seeking to change the shape of professional social networking has commenced its Token pre-sale leading up to its official token sale which starts on August 8th, 2017. Unlike traditional social media platforms such as LinkedIn, the Ethereum-based Indorse network aims to give ownership of your data back to you, as the user, and allow you to profit from sharing your skills and activities on the platform.
Commitments for the pre-sale are currently being accepted through the terms of their website and this blog post. Indorse has been the first known blockchain startup to utilise the Ethereum Name Service (ENS) to help combat phishing and fraud scams which have plagued some other high profile token sales in past weeks.
Compared to other blockchains, Ethereum provides the compute engine capability and transparency needed for a decentralized economy to succeed and incentivize its own growth. The platform will be integrated with a number of decentralised applications (DApps) such as: Inter Planetary File System (IPFS), uPort identity system, Attores Certificate Issuance Platform, Truffle, Spectrum and Status.
Within Indorse, users post claims which are related to their personal or professional achievements, such as; earning a diploma, completing a marathon or learning to play the guitar. Other members indorse a valid claim using an anonymous voting mechanism called zero knowledge proofs and flag if the claim is invalid. For valid claims, your & indorsers’ Indorse score(your score on the platform) will increase. For frivolous claims, the score will be reduced.
“Indorse will allow users to profit from sharing their skills and activities on the platform via reward tokens. We envision a serverless, decentralized future, where the users will build their profiles and profit from their reputation. This future will need a decentralized platform where others can judge the quality of a person’s profile not just by where they have gone to school, but what they have actually done in their professional and personal lives.”
In June, Coinsilium Group Limited (NEX: COIN), the accelerator that finances and manages the development of early-stage blockchain technology companies has announced the completion of its investment of SG$100,000 in Indorse.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019