MultiChain 1.0 is available for immediate download for Linux, Windows and Mac, after two and a half years of intensive feedback-driven development. This includes a four-month beta period, during which MultiChain was optimized to support over 1,000 transactions per second on a mid-range server.
Since its first alpha release in June 2015, MultiChain has received over 60,000 downloads, more than half of which were during 2017.
“We’re delighted to have reached this milestone,” said Dr Gideon Greenspan, CEO and Founder of Coin Sciences Ltd. “Developing the first production release of MultiChain has been an immense challenge, and we’ve learned a great deal about our users and their requirements along the way. Work has already begun on MultiChain 2.0, which will be the first version of MultiChain to come in two editions – Community (open source) and Enterprise (commercial). We look forward to continued growth in usage of the product and cooperating with all our partners to help them leverage it for their needs.”
The new members of the MultiChain Partner Program include two multinational consulting companies: Cognizant and Indra Sistemas.
Twelve more SMBs have also joined: Aicumen, Bambusoft, Chainfrog, CrimsonLogic, Encrypgen, Hypatia Technologies, Maroon Studios, Medici Ventures, Project Radium, SolarLab, The Apollo Group and Tilkal. Members of the program enjoy a close working relationship with the MultiChain engineering team, can use MultiChain branding in their marketing materials, and are promoted on the MultiChain website, which now receives 35,000 visitors monthly.
The MultiChain Partner Program has now been split into two tracks – Platform Partners who develop applications for third parties on the MultiChain platform, and Product Partners who are using MultiChain in their own proprietary solutions. The partners in each track are listed at https://www.multichain.com/platform-partners/ and https://www.multichain.com/product-partners/ respectively.
“We used MultiChain to build a platform for transferring digital assets between different organizations (from commerce to public administration) in a permissioned network where all the participants collaborate,” said Víctor Sánchez Hórreo, Manager of Blockchain and Digital Transformation at Minsait (Indra Sistemas). “The assets act as a key tool to enable social and economic projects, and the features of MultiChain regarding permission management, quick deployment and asset creation fit very well with our needs.”
“Because of its Bitcoin ancestry, MultiChain’s reliability, even during its alpha phase, was great,” said Joel Weight, Chief Technology Officer at Medici Ventures. “The addition of a key-based permission layer and built-in asset support make it the right solution for some of our products.”
“Chainfrog chose to use MultiChain in their music royalties collection pilot because it is based on the mature Bitcoin source base, is incredibly easy to deploy and the APIs are clearly documented,” said Dr Keir Finlow-Bates, CEO and Founder of ChainFrog. “From their blog posts it is obvious that the Coin Sciences team know their Blockchains inside out.”
Coin Sciences Ltd develops the popular open source MultiChain Blockchain platform, which provides powerful Blockchain functionality in a package which is simple to configure, integrate and deploy. Coin Sciences partners with leading consulting and software companies around the world to bring the benefits of Blockchains to their customers. For more information, please visit http://www.multichain.com/
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020
- Swiss company Overfuture To Offer Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding (Security Token Offering) - January 29, 2020