MultiChain 1.0 is available for immediate download for Linux, Windows and Mac, after two and a half years of intensive feedback-driven development. This includes a four-month beta period, during which MultiChain was optimized to support over 1,000 transactions per second on a mid-range server.
Since its first alpha release in June 2015, MultiChain has received over 60,000 downloads, more than half of which were during 2017.
“We’re delighted to have reached this milestone,” said Dr Gideon Greenspan, CEO and Founder of Coin Sciences Ltd. “Developing the first production release of MultiChain has been an immense challenge, and we’ve learned a great deal about our users and their requirements along the way. Work has already begun on MultiChain 2.0, which will be the first version of MultiChain to come in two editions – Community (open source) and Enterprise (commercial). We look forward to continued growth in usage of the product and cooperating with all our partners to help them leverage it for their needs.”
The new members of the MultiChain Partner Program include two multinational consulting companies: Cognizant and Indra Sistemas.
Twelve more SMBs have also joined: Aicumen, Bambusoft, Chainfrog, CrimsonLogic, Encrypgen, Hypatia Technologies, Maroon Studios, Medici Ventures, Project Radium, SolarLab, The Apollo Group and Tilkal. Members of the program enjoy a close working relationship with the MultiChain engineering team, can use MultiChain branding in their marketing materials, and are promoted on the MultiChain website, which now receives 35,000 visitors monthly.
The MultiChain Partner Program has now been split into two tracks – Platform Partners who develop applications for third parties on the MultiChain platform, and Product Partners who are using MultiChain in their own proprietary solutions. The partners in each track are listed at https://www.multichain.com/platform-partners/ and https://www.multichain.com/product-partners/ respectively.
“We used MultiChain to build a platform for transferring digital assets between different organizations (from commerce to public administration) in a permissioned network where all the participants collaborate,” said Víctor Sánchez Hórreo, Manager of Blockchain and Digital Transformation at Minsait (Indra Sistemas). “The assets act as a key tool to enable social and economic projects, and the features of MultiChain regarding permission management, quick deployment and asset creation fit very well with our needs.”
“Because of its Bitcoin ancestry, MultiChain’s reliability, even during its alpha phase, was great,” said Joel Weight, Chief Technology Officer at Medici Ventures. “The addition of a key-based permission layer and built-in asset support make it the right solution for some of our products.”
“Chainfrog chose to use MultiChain in their music royalties collection pilot because it is based on the mature Bitcoin source base, is incredibly easy to deploy and the APIs are clearly documented,” said Dr Keir Finlow-Bates, CEO and Founder of ChainFrog. “From their blog posts it is obvious that the Coin Sciences team know their Blockchains inside out.”
Coin Sciences Ltd develops the popular open source MultiChain Blockchain platform, which provides powerful Blockchain functionality in a package which is simple to configure, integrate and deploy. Coin Sciences partners with leading consulting and software companies around the world to bring the benefits of Blockchains to their customers. For more information, please visit http://www.multichain.com/
- Block Lattice Architecture Or Blockchain? DLT or DAG? Europeans Rally on GDPR-Compliant, Open Source, Cross-Border Framework for Phone Application Development - April 9, 2020
- Canadian Blockchain-Energised Company VitalHub Announces Deployment of COVID-19 Electronic Screening Tool for Long Term Care - April 8, 2020
- Blockchain Powered Immuno-Oncology Company Mateon Claims Anti-Malarial Drug Called Artemisinin, Derived from Asian Medicine Can Help Fight Covid-19 - April 8, 2020
- Auto Manufacturer Tesla To Use Blockchain Technology to Speed Up Shipping Supply Chain - April 8, 2020
- BlockConf DIGITAL Announces Epic 48-hours Online Blockchain Conference - April 7, 2020
- Global Virtual Earth Day Event Planned for April 22nd EST From The Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition - April 7, 2020
- ConsenSys’ Health Division Kicks Off STOP COVID-19 International Ethereum Hackathon – April 13, 2020 - April 7, 2020
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020