MultiChain 1.0 is available for immediate download for Linux, Windows and Mac, after two and a half years of intensive feedback-driven development. This includes a four-month beta period, during which MultiChain was optimized to support over 1,000 transactions per second on a mid-range server.
Since its first alpha release in June 2015, MultiChain has received over 60,000 downloads, more than half of which were during 2017.
“We’re delighted to have reached this milestone,” said Dr Gideon Greenspan, CEO and Founder of Coin Sciences Ltd. “Developing the first production release of MultiChain has been an immense challenge, and we’ve learned a great deal about our users and their requirements along the way. Work has already begun on MultiChain 2.0, which will be the first version of MultiChain to come in two editions – Community (open source) and Enterprise (commercial). We look forward to continued growth in usage of the product and cooperating with all our partners to help them leverage it for their needs.”
The new members of the MultiChain Partner Program include two multinational consulting companies: Cognizant and Indra Sistemas.
Twelve more SMBs have also joined: Aicumen, Bambusoft, Chainfrog, CrimsonLogic, Encrypgen, Hypatia Technologies, Maroon Studios, Medici Ventures, Project Radium, SolarLab, The Apollo Group and Tilkal. Members of the program enjoy a close working relationship with the MultiChain engineering team, can use MultiChain branding in their marketing materials, and are promoted on the MultiChain website, which now receives 35,000 visitors monthly.
The MultiChain Partner Program has now been split into two tracks – Platform Partners who develop applications for third parties on the MultiChain platform, and Product Partners who are using MultiChain in their own proprietary solutions. The partners in each track are listed at https://www.multichain.com/platform-partners/ and https://www.multichain.com/product-partners/ respectively.
“We used MultiChain to build a platform for transferring digital assets between different organizations (from commerce to public administration) in a permissioned network where all the participants collaborate,” said Víctor Sánchez Hórreo, Manager of Blockchain and Digital Transformation at Minsait (Indra Sistemas). “The assets act as a key tool to enable social and economic projects, and the features of MultiChain regarding permission management, quick deployment and asset creation fit very well with our needs.”
“Because of its Bitcoin ancestry, MultiChain’s reliability, even during its alpha phase, was great,” said Joel Weight, Chief Technology Officer at Medici Ventures. “The addition of a key-based permission layer and built-in asset support make it the right solution for some of our products.”
“Chainfrog chose to use MultiChain in their music royalties collection pilot because it is based on the mature Bitcoin source base, is incredibly easy to deploy and the APIs are clearly documented,” said Dr Keir Finlow-Bates, CEO and Founder of ChainFrog. “From their blog posts it is obvious that the Coin Sciences team know their Blockchains inside out.”
Coin Sciences Ltd develops the popular open source MultiChain Blockchain platform, which provides powerful Blockchain functionality in a package which is simple to configure, integrate and deploy. Coin Sciences partners with leading consulting and software companies around the world to bring the benefits of Blockchains to their customers. For more information, please visit http://www.multichain.com/
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019