LAToken (Liquid Asset Token, LAT) sayst will issue 1 000 000 000 LATokens at a Public Token Sale on August 22.
LAToken is a platform that tokenizes assets and makes them tradable. It enables anyone to unlock the value of illiquid assets, including real estate, bank loans, and works of art. An investor needs LATokens to buy asset tokens created on the platform and pay fees for the creation of asset token and transactions.
The platform is based on an existing home equity marketplace, founded by the CEO of LAToken, that has facilitated 12,000 mortgage offers and more than 1,000 deals for 7 banks and 25 investors in the past year. Our advisory board is joined by Anish Mohammed, advisor to Hyperloop Transportation Technologies, David Drake, Chairman of LDJ Capital, and Ismail Malik, Executive Chairman of Blockchain Lab.
“My dream is to make NASDAQ on Blockchain with a wider range of tradable assets and a dramatic reduction of listing costs, settlement time, and transaction costs,” says Valentin Preobrazhenskiy, CEO of LAToken, former portfolio manager at Avega Capital, and creator of a back office for hedge funds.
The LAToken platform gives asset owners a new way to gain liquidity by making fractional asset ownership possible and tradable with minimal transaction costs. Asset owners can quickly get cash by issuing LATokens and selling fractional shares via the LAT marketplace, while keeping the actual asset for their use instead of borrowing money and paying interest or renting.
“The secondary and primary markets of fractional ownership of home equity and mortgages are now on the verge of a breakthrough, thanks to cryptocurrency Blockchain smart contracts,” says David Drake, chair of LDJ Real Estate Fund and member of LAToken’s Advisory Board.
An exciting case of real-world Blockchain implementation
Blockchain technology enables selling fractions of assets by issuing tokens backed by assets. Owners of artwork or houses don’t need to wait for a buyer to purchase their house or piece of art. They don’t need a major auction house, which might take a 20% cut, and they don’t need a real estate agent who takes 2-3%. They also don’t need to wait months or even years to sell their asset. The owner of the asset simply completes application forms via the site, signs token sale and asset sale agreements, and creates a token on the platform. After an audit, the token is listed on the LAT marketplace and the sale date is announced. After the sale, the funds are delivered to the asset owner.
By purchasing liquid asset-backed tokens (LABT) at the LAT marketplace, investors get a small piece of an asset. An independent custodian owns a piece of this asset and delivers cash proceeds from the asset sale to token holders. Token investors know that on a certain date in the future, this custodian will sell this share of the asset back to its primary owner. If the owner doesn’t buy the share back, the custodian will sell the entire asset to the market and distribute the proceeds to the principal owner and the token owners.
Investors get the appreciated asset price on their fraction of the asset.
The LAT platform includes a Wallet for purchasing and managing asset token transactions and a TestNet. Investors can trade and manage asset portfolios via the LAT investment terminal, which provides trading functions, access to credible assets’ data stored on Blockchain, and asset portfolio analysis tools.
LAToken has opened access to the platform wallet that allows tokenizing assets and listing for trading at the LAT marketplace. You can list your assets via latoken.com.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019