The Opakeco Foundation has a vision: a world where humanitarian causes are fully transparent and held accountable. Transparency and accountability have long been problematic for charities but now with the coming of Blockchain technology, digital transparency could be reached.
The Opakeco Foundation is building a platform for which you can buy “Karmo” tokens. Token holders will be able to exert control over the foundation and support charities without the need of technical skills. In time, Opakeco will – the organiser hope – become the quality label for measuring the transparency of charities and well-doers.
“ We really think the world is ready for transparency, we
think it’s actually necessary,” stated Akash Parmesar, CEO of Opakeco.
A simple and short explanation of the platform:
The mission of the Opakeco foundation is to:
- Achieve transparency in charities using Blockchain technology and ethereum smart contracts.
- Create a novel way of running a foundation through voting, smart contracts and releasing all communication.
- Become a force for charitable work and a monitor of its accountability and transparency.
Philanthropy is ripe for disruption.
- Today there are 700 million people around the world living in extreme poverty (defined by the World Bank as $1.25/day).
- Just $80 billion would lift ALL of them out of extreme poverty (Brookings Institute).
We spend twice this amount in global aid every year, but most of today’s billion-dollar nonprofits and NGO are incredibly inefficient and bureaucratic. It’s estimated that only about “15 – 20% of donations” actually get to recipients. If only we could give the funds directly to the people who need it most. Peer to peer and Blockchain technology makes this possible.
Opakeco will be announcing it’s ICO soon. They are currently developing the platform and need your support. You can contribute by going to www.opakeco.org/.
The Opakeco Foundation is a Dutch startup that wants to make charities more transparent and accountable using Blockchain technology. Within the same platform users will be able to communicate with different charities, verified well-doers and people who aim to make a change in their community. The platform will let you see to what extent a certain well-doer or charity is accountable and transparent.
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019