The Opakeco Foundation has a vision: a world where humanitarian causes are fully transparent and held accountable. Transparency and accountability have long been problematic for charities but now with the coming of Blockchain technology, digital transparency could be reached.
The Opakeco Foundation is building a platform for which you can buy “Karmo” tokens. Token holders will be able to exert control over the foundation and support charities without the need of technical skills. In time, Opakeco will – the organiser hope – become the quality label for measuring the transparency of charities and well-doers.
“ We really think the world is ready for transparency, we
think it’s actually necessary,” stated Akash Parmesar, CEO of Opakeco.
A simple and short explanation of the platform:
The mission of the Opakeco foundation is to:
- Achieve transparency in charities using Blockchain technology and ethereum smart contracts.
- Create a novel way of running a foundation through voting, smart contracts and releasing all communication.
- Become a force for charitable work and a monitor of its accountability and transparency.
Philanthropy is ripe for disruption.
- Today there are 700 million people around the world living in extreme poverty (defined by the World Bank as $1.25/day).
- Just $80 billion would lift ALL of them out of extreme poverty (Brookings Institute).
We spend twice this amount in global aid every year, but most of today’s billion-dollar nonprofits and NGO are incredibly inefficient and bureaucratic. It’s estimated that only about “15 – 20% of donations” actually get to recipients. If only we could give the funds directly to the people who need it most. Peer to peer and Blockchain technology makes this possible.
Opakeco will be announcing it’s ICO soon. They are currently developing the platform and need your support. You can contribute by going to www.opakeco.org/.
The Opakeco Foundation is a Dutch startup that wants to make charities more transparent and accountable using Blockchain technology. Within the same platform users will be able to communicate with different charities, verified well-doers and people who aim to make a change in their community. The platform will let you see to what extent a certain well-doer or charity is accountable and transparent.