Outlier Ventures, one of the World’s leading Blockchain and Web 3.0 venture capital firms today announces it has bolstered its capabilities in token offerings. This is in response to the explosive growth of ICOs, commonly referred to as initial coin offerings, which has seen the issuance of tokens by open source communities overtaking venture capital as a primary means of capital raising.
Eden joins their growing Toronto office alongside Head of Corporate Structuring & Compliance, Greg Murphy, that was setup to work with a network of leading global law firms and tax advisors to support their portfolio in token design and issuance. Outlier plans to execute three ‘community economy token offerings’ in the remaining part of 2017, after six months of planning, to realise a new standard of compliance and economic design to attract institutional grade investment and become some of the first corporate backed token offerings the industry has seen.
‘Crypto-economics’ refers to the combination of cryptography, computer networks and game theory to secure systems to realise a set of economic incentives or disincentives. The emerging discipline is based on the belief that these crypto-communities are building entirely new economic models that will increasingly dominate The Web.
Jamie Burke, Founder & CEO, Outlier Ventures commented:
“The focus all too often of token offerings is solely to bypass securities laws and raise large amounts of capital, quicky. At Outlier we take the responsibility of how issuances are technically executed very seriously. Similarly we believe these communities are building the next phase of The Web so proper time and thought should be invested in how these new digital economies are designed to ensure their long-term sustainability.’’
‘’Eden has spent the last year performing some breath taking analysis of the various token models out there and brings a wealth of valuable venture experience to help us explore the emerging discipline of crypto-economics for the benefit of our present and future portfolio as well as the community at large’’.
Dhaliwal recently established Slant Labs with various Canadian Government agencies to experiment with new innovative Blockchain business models and use cases. As an experienced venture manager he has been deeply embedded in Blockchain for several years previously designing several tokens ahead of issuance for DLT Labs, a Blockchain consultancy group. Leveraging this experience Dhaliwal’s primary focus will be leading Outlier Venture’s select group of premium ‘Community Token Offerings’. He will focus on the token design process and assume overall oversight of various token campaigns, working directly alongside Jamie Burke.
A ‘community token offering’ is an innovation pioneered by Outlier that enables a collective of start-ups and partners to jointly issue a token for a shared protocol within a meta theme, through a structured offering. Parties commit code, know-how, users and in some instances licenses, to rapidly enable ‘MVC’, or minimal viable community, in order to quickly form an open source crypto community and gain network effect.
Eden Dhaliwal, Principal, Outlier Ventures added:
“It’s such a new space that no one can claim to be an expert but together with the Outlier team, a group of people I have followed with great respect for some time, I feel we can really contribute to taking community driven tech to the next level.”
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019