The Decentralized News Network (DNN), a Blockchain-based political news platform designed to incentive the curation and publishing of factual political news, releases a significant update to their Alpha today.
The update introduces a simulated version of the platform, not operated on Blockchain technology but providing the same experience at surface level so that the broader community may test out the network system and provide valuable feedback.
The simulated experience represents DNN’s genuine intention to leverage Blockchain technology for a critical real world use case; breaking down political agendas in news and creating a prominent digital home for factual, credible news underpinned by smart contract technology.
The development update also marks a significant shift for the Blockchain community; DNN is introducing the implementation and technical abilities of Blockchain to all users, mainstream and expert.
DNN co-founders Samit Singh and Dondrey Taylor specifically welcome traditional journalists to experience the platform in its simulated state, offering a new and incentivized opportunity to publish work without the need for central editorial authority.
“One of the biggest hurdles that many of us in the Blockchain industry see is mass adoption. It can be difficult at such an early stage in the industry to engage the mainstream audience, especially when the technology seems so technical and sophisticated to those unfamiliar with it,” said DNN CEO Samit Singh.
“One thing that I think many of us can do to improve this is to make our platforms accessible for everyone. That may involve letting users access an application as they would access a standard web app, or it can involve simulating token functionality on a platform. Overall, it will increase user comfort with the aspect of tokens by trying to abstract much of that functionality and eventually simulating it before they’re ready to interact with actual smart contracts,” Singh explained.
While the simulated platform will not involve the use of tokens or cryptocurrency, the Blockchain-based DNN platform will monetarily incentivize users through the use of tokens, crediting user accounts for writing, reviewing, and publishing articles.
Access to both the simulated version and Blockchain-based platform will be available via the DNN website, with those testing the smart contract functionality being required to visit the site via a web3-enabled browser.
As per the DNN project roadmap, the platform will formally launch in 2018. The crowdsale has been slated for the fourth quarter of this year.
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019