Suretly, an international fintech startup that offers crowd-sourced guarantees for micro-loans, secured its minimum funding of $1.5 million USD in a matter of hours. By the end of the campaign, the total amount of funds raised equalled $2.8 million at market rates. SUR tokens issued by the company will be accepted in Suretly’s mobile application as a guarantee of loan vouching.
‘We want to thank all the participants from the cryptocurrency community who have joined the project. Entering new markets, in particular the USA, will be the next stage of the company’s development. I should note that we began our crowdfunding campaign in less than favourable conditions: a major market correction began that day, and there was a significant fall in price for many cryptocurrencies. Under these circumstances, trust and interest from the market for the idea became even more important for us, and the results were reassuring indeed. Tokens will be integrated into Suretly’s business model, and their turnover will grow as the company develops,’ explained Eugene Lobachev, founder and CEO of Suretly.
The idea of using Blockchain technology in this business and organizing a token sale was born during the Starta acceleration program in New York. In the spring of 2017, the startup held a pre-sale for tokens and raised $350,000. “We believe in the emerging Blockchain technology and want to help tech startups integrate it into the businesses, – comments the director and co-founder of Starta Accelerator Ekaterina Dorozhkina. – “Currently, several startups, that went through our accelerator in New York, are planning tokenise their business models. We are also preparing a special acceleration program for Blockchain startups, which will be announced in the next few days”.
Dubbed ‘Tinder for loans’, Suretly is a micro-guarantee exchange, or crowdvouching platform. The exchange helps individuals to obtain to loans at lower interest rates, provided they receive guarantees from a large number of users. The loans themselves are provided by service partners – microfinancing institutions – rather than by Suretly or its tokenholders. Suretly users therefore act as a collective mind, which makes a joint decision on whether to grant or deny a loan.
The Suretly startup is a product of the business incubator developed by the Higher School of Economics, National Research University. Developers of the online exchange for micro-guarantees passed the GenerationS Start-up Accelerator and the Starta Accelerator International Accelerator Program in New York in 2017, having received investments from the accelerator in exchange for 7% of the company. Among the graduates of Starta Accelerator are such start-ups as E-Contenta, Сindicator, Anryze, Navigine, GeoCV, SendPulse, Agrieye and others. The participants of the 4th accelerator batch will be announced next week.
The Suretly app is available for download in AppStore and Google Play.
For more information, visit https://suretly.com/
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019
- VeganNation Add Brazilian Football Superstar Cafu to It’s Advisory Board - October 31, 2019
- Alliance Investments Announces Plans Tokenization of £500m in UK Real Estate in STOs - October 31, 2019