Dash, the leading payments-focused digital currency, has joined forces with BlockCypher to launch a grant program for startups and established companies seeking Blockchain-based solutions in enterprises and new markets. The program will award Blockchain projects with a viable business model, go-to-market plan, and enable innovative use cases on Dash’s network, in conjunction with BlockCypher’s Blockchain infrastructure. The program was born from longstanding collaboration between Dash, now the top payments focused digital currency and BlockCypher, the leading Blockchain Web Services (BWS)™ provider.
CEO of Dash Core, Ryan Taylor said:
“The Dash Core Group has a history of providing support for businesses seeking to integrate Dash, but now we can do so in an official, mutually beneficial way. BlockCypher is a wonderful partner for Dash and has been instrumental in attracting new businesses to leverage our network; this program simply extends our support in a structured way to the numerous leads BlockCypher generates for the network.”
The Dash BlockCypher grant program provides funding for Blockchain web services and hosting, consulting, project testing, and integration support. Well established organizations have received grants to demonstrate new ways of using and deploying Blockchains. One of them is the Patientory Foundation, which has a Blockchain for more securely and efficiently recording patient data. They are integrating the Dash public Blockchain with their private Blockchain using BlockCypher’s APIs.
Chrissa McFarlane, CEO of Patientory said:
“We are excited to work with Dash and BlockCypher. Using BlockCypher’s web services, we will be the first healthcare Blockchain to show interoperability between Blockchain networks. This is a major leap forward for how Blockchains can be used to process healthcare claims payments.”
The Patientory Foundation, Dash and BlockCypher plan to significantly disrupt the way healthcare payments are executed. Using public and permissioned Blockchains, healthcare providers will be able to settle medical bills faster and more securely. In combination with Patientory’s permissioned Blockchain, patients and payors can use BlockCypher web services to maintain Dash wallets and settle payments over the Dash network. Scheduled for release by the end of 2017, Patientory’s enterprise solution and mobile app will give users the option of one or more Blockchains for payment.
“Our grant program encourages businesses to commit to Blockchain and Dash in particular, because Dash has extremely high scalability potential. The projects we are funding accelerate this commitment and help highlight the advantages of working with Dash compared with other public Blockchains.”
Karen Hsu, Head of Growth at BlockCypher said,
“With BlockCypher web services and experience, the goal of this program is to seed projects in regions and use cases where Blockchain technology has been underdeveloped. This program is teaming up Blockchain focused companies to encourage other companies to adopt Blockchain technology. It also uniquely has structured phases towards commercialization.”
The grant program’s funding is available to companies seeking Blockchain technology solutions in nine categories, including Healthcare, Know Your Customer, Payments, IoT, Insurance, Supply Chain, Telecommunications, and Identity. Given Dash’s unique treasury model, the funding amount will depend on project size and potential.
To participate in the Dash BlockCypher grant program, send an email to [email protected].
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019
- Shanghai Blockchain Week Returns for Fifth Consecutive Year to Discuss the Next Decade of the Blockchain Industry - September 3, 2019
- ICO that Raised $37M in 18 minutes – Monetha – Passes Legal Audit on White Paper Commitments with Flying Colours - September 2, 2019