For the first time, UK property can become a globally tradable asset on a peer-to-peer platform which utilises Blockchain technology. TrustMe, a Blockchain applications company, is aiming to revolutionise the global real estate market by allowing the fractional trading of individual properties using ‘asset backed certificates’ on linked, Bitcoin denominated, global property exchanges.
TrustMe’s whitepaper, released today, details the launch of the TrustMe Property Exchange (‘TPX’) Limited and Blockchain Land Registry (‘BLR’) Limited, which will enable homeowners to trade shares (‘property certificates’) in their property on an open market as a new type of tradeable asset-class. Clients on the property exchanges will be able to purchase up to 49% of the value of a property or residential home with Bitcoin or fiat currency, whilst the 51% owner-occupier continues to live in and manage the property.
The first exchange will be rolled-out in London in October, with parallel TrustMe Property Exchanges launching shortly in Toronto and New York. TrustMe is due to announce other cities over the next 3 months and will establish regulatory compliance in each region it operates in.
London is the first choice for the location of the initial exchange, as it is host to a buoyant £2 trillion property market and has well established property laws, rights and processes.
The capital is already a popular location for many international investors seeking to acquire property, however, TrustMe also wants to ‘democratise’ ownership by removing the capital threshold that had previously restricted the owning of property to a privileged few. It wants to open-up the asset class using Bitcoin denominated, Blockchain enabled, global property exchanges to make property investment an attainable global investment choice for the many, not just the few.
Antony Abell, Co-Founder & Managing Director of TrustMe commented:
“The London property market, which has, for many people, long been prohibitively expensive, needs to be democratised. The TrustMe Property Exchanges will allow existing homeowners to unlock the value of their own house or properties and to use these assets as a form of stored liquid wealth, similar to a 30-90 day bank account, by trading as much or as little of their asset as they wish in an efficient, transparent and auditable manner.
“It has only been the recent advent of the public Blockchain that has enabled the trust that people need to have to be able to allow the most valuable assets that most will ever have in their lives to be leveraged in this way.”
For full details on the TrustMe Property Exchanges, please visit http://www.u-trustme.com/whitepapers.html to register for and download the latest whitepaper.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019