For the first time, UK property can become a globally tradable asset on a peer-to-peer platform which utilises Blockchain technology. TrustMe, a Blockchain applications company, is aiming to revolutionise the global real estate market by allowing the fractional trading of individual properties using ‘asset backed certificates’ on linked, Bitcoin denominated, global property exchanges.
TrustMe’s whitepaper, released today, details the launch of the TrustMe Property Exchange (‘TPX’) Limited and Blockchain Land Registry (‘BLR’) Limited, which will enable homeowners to trade shares (‘property certificates’) in their property on an open market as a new type of tradeable asset-class. Clients on the property exchanges will be able to purchase up to 49% of the value of a property or residential home with Bitcoin or fiat currency, whilst the 51% owner-occupier continues to live in and manage the property.
The first exchange will be rolled-out in London in October, with parallel TrustMe Property Exchanges launching shortly in Toronto and New York. TrustMe is due to announce other cities over the next 3 months and will establish regulatory compliance in each region it operates in.
London is the first choice for the location of the initial exchange, as it is host to a buoyant £2 trillion property market and has well established property laws, rights and processes.
The capital is already a popular location for many international investors seeking to acquire property, however, TrustMe also wants to ‘democratise’ ownership by removing the capital threshold that had previously restricted the owning of property to a privileged few. It wants to open-up the asset class using Bitcoin denominated, Blockchain enabled, global property exchanges to make property investment an attainable global investment choice for the many, not just the few.
Antony Abell, Co-Founder & Managing Director of TrustMe commented:
“The London property market, which has, for many people, long been prohibitively expensive, needs to be democratised. The TrustMe Property Exchanges will allow existing homeowners to unlock the value of their own house or properties and to use these assets as a form of stored liquid wealth, similar to a 30-90 day bank account, by trading as much or as little of their asset as they wish in an efficient, transparent and auditable manner.
“It has only been the recent advent of the public Blockchain that has enabled the trust that people need to have to be able to allow the most valuable assets that most will ever have in their lives to be leveraged in this way.”
For full details on the TrustMe Property Exchanges, please visit http://www.u-trustme.com/whitepapers.html to register for and download the latest whitepaper.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020