DFINITY Stiftung, the not-for-profit organization dedicated to the research and development of “DFINITY” blockchain technologies, announced its formal intent to create an open network that serves as a massive virtual mainframe computer in cyberspace that might play the role of a new kind of decentralized cloud. DFINITY will launch a multi-thousand node demonstration network in Fall 2017 that showcases some of its new technology in action.
This open network will enable the fabric of the Internet to play the role of cloud provider using novel blockchain computer technology that makes powerful and highly disruptive applications possible. For example, DFINITY will unleash the power of supply chain transactions, Internet of Things, financial markets & exchanges, charities, and intellectual property management, to name a few, on an unbounded, open and secure platform. With its dramatically increased performance and unbounded capacity relative to today’s blockchain networks, DFINITY has the potential to power even traditional enterprise IT systems.
One aim of the new network is to slash enterprise IT costs by reducing the human capital involved in supporting the development, maintenance and administration of traditional enterprise IT systems. These enterprise systems, being colocated on the same super massive virtual computer, will also be able to interoperate and incorporate the functionality provided by other services with ease. DFINITY will also enable the development of a new kind of “open source business” involving autonomous software that is updated via inbuilt governance systems and fulfill roles today performed by companies such as eBay or Uber.
The DFINITY network incorporates an algorithmic governance system that allows it to be fully adaptive with respect to economics, upgrades and other requirements, and manage the open environment it creates to ensure it is hospitable for corporate and mainstream applications.
Says Dominic Williams, President and Chief Scientist:
“…the quality of our rapidly expanding team is unparalleled within the industry and composed of real superstars. We are building a NASA for decentralization with research centers in Silicon Valley and Switzerland that will rapidly advance the new Internet 3.0 paradigm.”
- OneFeather and BlocPal to Provide First Nations with Digital Financial Services - July 23, 2019
- Government Committee Wants Total Ban on Cryptocurrencies in India - July 23, 2019
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Historic $224 Million SIM Swap Lawsuit by Crypto Luminary Michael Terpin Against Telco Giant AT&T Mobility - July 23, 2019
- RENBDO: First ICO Approved by European Commission – 70 Percent Funding From EU - July 22, 2019
- Chinese Government Blockchain Standardized Certification Received by Lenovo, Alipay, and Aelf - July 22, 2019
- KPMG Teams Up With Tomia, Microsoft And R3 To Create A Near Real-time Settlement Network For Telecom Companies - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based ‘Lunar Registry’ Launched - July 22, 2019
- Daimler launches hardware Car Wallet with RIDDLE&CODE - July 22, 2019
- Ugandan President to Explore use of Blockchain to Tackle Counterfeit Drugs - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019