DFINITY Stiftung, the not-for-profit organization dedicated to the research and development of “DFINITY” blockchain technologies, announced its formal intent to create an open network that serves as a massive virtual mainframe computer in cyberspace that might play the role of a new kind of decentralized cloud. DFINITY will launch a multi-thousand node demonstration network in Fall 2017 that showcases some of its new technology in action.
This open network will enable the fabric of the Internet to play the role of cloud provider using novel blockchain computer technology that makes powerful and highly disruptive applications possible. For example, DFINITY will unleash the power of supply chain transactions, Internet of Things, financial markets & exchanges, charities, and intellectual property management, to name a few, on an unbounded, open and secure platform. With its dramatically increased performance and unbounded capacity relative to today’s blockchain networks, DFINITY has the potential to power even traditional enterprise IT systems.
One aim of the new network is to slash enterprise IT costs by reducing the human capital involved in supporting the development, maintenance and administration of traditional enterprise IT systems. These enterprise systems, being colocated on the same super massive virtual computer, will also be able to interoperate and incorporate the functionality provided by other services with ease. DFINITY will also enable the development of a new kind of “open source business” involving autonomous software that is updated via inbuilt governance systems and fulfill roles today performed by companies such as eBay or Uber.
The DFINITY network incorporates an algorithmic governance system that allows it to be fully adaptive with respect to economics, upgrades and other requirements, and manage the open environment it creates to ensure it is hospitable for corporate and mainstream applications.
Says Dominic Williams, President and Chief Scientist:
“…the quality of our rapidly expanding team is unparalleled within the industry and composed of real superstars. We are building a NASA for decentralization with research centers in Silicon Valley and Switzerland that will rapidly advance the new Internet 3.0 paradigm.”
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019