On September 1, 2017 the MOD token is officially available in public crowdsale. In a private pre-sale, the token raised more than 1.25 Million USD for the innovative Swiss start-up, pioneering the use of Blockchain and IoT technologies in the pharma supply chain. This week modum has announced a strategic collaboration with IOTA, starting with the acceptance of the IOTA token in the MOD crowdsale.
Blockchain technology has the potential to create new foundations for global businesses. While most investors have seen interesting applications in fintech, modum.io is one of the few start-ups focused on the 8.1 trillion USD global logistics market.
modum.io has developed sensor devices, which record the environmental conditions that a package has been exposed to while in transit. A sender can pre-program parameters into the Blockchain, which enable notifications if a deviation in conditions that may affect the quality of the product has occurred. The records are immutable and auditable, fulfilling regulatory requirements. This passive monitoring strategy reduces the need for costly and inefficient actively-cooled transport solutions with a potential industry wide savings of 3 billion EUR per annum.
MOD Tokens are backed by the business value of modum.io AG. The recently modified EU GDP regulation requires that pharma producers and the over 10’000 distributors deliver evidence that temperatures did not affect drugs in transit. This use case is an early application of Blockchain technology in the logistics sector where a real, regulatory-driven market need for the technology exists.
After a successful first year of operations, modum.io AG announced its ITO in early August: 20.1 million MOD tokens will be available in a public crowdsale, each token coming with profit sharing and voting rights at established milestones to align the modum team with token holder interests.
modum.io’s CEO, Malik El Bay, explains:
“We have a solid product with several successful pilot tests completed, a working hardware prototype, a strong team of developers, and a handpicked team of advisors. We are running this token sale to fundraise for the future development of modum.io and will give our cryptocurrency backers the same rights that institutionalized investors have.”
Recently, on August 21st, 2017, modum.io announced the start of a long-term strategic collaboration with IOTA by integrating IOTA tokens as an investment possibility in the MOD Token sale. According to El Bay: “To execute our vision we need a technology for our sensor devices that allows the transfer of value without charging tremendous transaction fees. IOTA’s infrastructure will be very valuable to us and are working towards a proof-of-concept for our next industry tests. We plan to publish the results by fall 2017.”
Dominik Schiener, Co-Founder of the IOTA Foundation, won the Shanghai Blockchain competition with a supply chain application. According to Schiener:
“It is great to see an IoT and Blockchain company, with a clear go-to market strategy, thinking about utilizing the IOTA infrastructure. modum.io is a Blockchain enabler and we are eager to be one of the technologies behind the project.”
Located in Zurich, between the “Crypto Valley” in Zug and Basel, a hub for major pharma players, modum.io is well positioned to bring their system to market. modum.io works from Technopark, a well-established centre for tech start-ups and innovation in Switzerland. The company benefits from strategic partnerships with the University of Zurich and the University of St. Gallen and industry partners, including SchaerPharma, Variosystems, and Lykke Corp.
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019