Within the last year Blockchain based tokens experienced an extreme increase of attention and value. Lykke enables the efficiency of Blockchain technology in financial services even to non tech-savvy customers by reducing complexity and providing a unique customer experience in the field of digital asset trading.
The Zurich-based digital exchange was founded by Richard Olsen – founder and former CEO of the leading forex service provider OANDA. Lykke offers users to trade cryptographic tokens, fiat and virtual currencies by simply using their mobile device running an iOS or Android operating system. Using so-called “colored coins” – Blockchain based collateralized debt obligations – allows the exchange to transfer any kind of real-world asset to the Bitcoin Blockchain and enable trading of such without incurring transaction fees.
CryptoTax, a brand of Munich based 21 Consulting GmbH, is offering and constantly developing tax reporting solutions and other regulatory declaration services for customers of cryptocurrency exchanges and users of Blockchain assets to help them being compliant with the law of their residence state.
The vision of the German company is to simplify legal obligations for investors in digital assets by serving easy but high-quality services to businesses and private individuals. Therefore, CryptoTax has a strategic alliance with KPMG – one of the Big Four accounting firms – to get access to their worldwide network of tax and legal experts and to ensure a constant coverage of the current state of legislation.
According to a recent survey of KPMG Switzerland, banks around the world are facing a growing demand for tax reports from their foreign customers. Especially customers from Western world are requesting accurate country-specific tax reports since domestic banks are offering these services free of charge. Due to this development, such services became an essential part of a sustainable customer relationship with customers from foreign countries.
Considering the price spikes of Blockchain assets within the last month, a bulk of cryptocurrency users is expected to have high taxable income in tax year 2017. Also the awareness of regulators and tax authorities is constantly increasing. But since there are various unanswered questions regarding the legal qualification and taxation of digital assets a lot of users struggle to calculate their taxable gains and losses and need help to fulfill their regulatory and tax declaration obligations.
“This is one more step along the way toward making Blockchain-based trading a viable alternative to traditional markets,” says Richard Olsen, Lykke founder and CEO. “It is essential for us to be able to offer a wide range of reporting and declaration services. Transparency is one of our foundational values: trust among our user base, and openness to regulatory authorities. CryptoTax’s strategic thinking demonstrates their shared commitment to these goals.”
“Because of our experience in the conventional financial services industry we know that tax reports are already market standard and will also help companies operating in the field of cryptocurrencies to reach a broader market acceptance while differentiating from other providers” states Klaus Himmer, CEO of 21 Consulting. “We are very pleased Lykke chose us to support them to manage the increasing demand of country-specific tax reports. We are sure that the cooperation will help both parties to foster their strong market position and help them to drive the market acceptance of Blockchain based financial instruments”, he added.
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019