The team has already released an alpha-version that offers core features for users and a selection of news and audio-podcasts, with over 25,000 active users creating and consuming content. The platform just recently partnered with AdEx advertising network.
As noted by Ren Reichman, Snip CEO, said partnership is expected to be quite beneficial:
“We’re especially excited about using AdEx’s bidding and anti-fraud systems, which will allow us to present user with relevant ads and deliver maximum revenue to Snip writers,”
The crowdsale will allow buyers to become early adopters of a platform with the potential of becoming one of the world’s top media outlets, covering nearly every subject.
Repairing the Broken News
The team behind Snip says that with the advent of the Internet the monopoly of traditional publishers has been shattered, which resulted in significant revenue losses and development of a complex online advertisement market. Still, just like advertising, major media outlets are controlled by a handful of corporations that can dictate which news are worth publishing.
Snip, on the other hand, offers a community-driven approach where every user is entitled to create so called ‘snips’, short news stories. Creators of high-quality content are rewarded with the platform’s native tokens, SnipCoins.
“Snip is a new type of news platform, decentralized and powered by the community. On Snip, anyone can write a news story about any topic, and readers can find news that matters to them. Contributors are rewarded with tokens according to the popularity of their posts and comments. A community-based news site, owned by the community, can become the top news site in the world and cover any subject, from breaking news to entertainment and everything in between,” the project’s whitepaper reads.
Remarkably, the platform also offers filtering algorithms that effectively customize every user’s newsfeed to his or her interests.The ultimate goal of Snip is to create a censorship-free environment that rewards writers for summarized news stories on every topic.
In stark contrast to the current situation where political and commercial interests of governments and corporations set the priorities for media controlled by them, Snip is set to be available for all possible points of view.
What’s Down the Road
Underlying the system is SnipCoin. The token is used not just to reward the creators of high-quality content or those who write on poorly covered topics, but also to buy advertising space, and pay for premium options like accessing podcasts, professional features and removal of advertisement.
Over the crowdsale that will last 30 days, 3 billion SNP tokens will be issued and sold for up to $8 million. The total amount of minted tokens is 10 billion.
Once the crowdsale is over, Snip will release an alpha version on invitation-only basis in order to have a test run of all features prior to releasing the solution in beta.
The supreme goal of the project, according to the team is to free the news industry from external control and provide a great news experience, therefore allowing people to exercise the ultimate freedom of speech.
- Bitcoin Legend Charlie Shrem and BLOCKTV Team up to Bring Untold Stories to the Screen - February 26, 2020
- KLM To Use Blockchain to Streamline Financial Processes Thanks to Amsterdam-based Unchain and R3 - February 25, 2020
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020