Called GiftChain, their new application will allow retailers and vendors of any size to easily issue gift cards and implement customer loyalty rewards programs secured by the Blockchain.
GiftChain will be accessible from any smartphone, making it possible for small businesses to easily track purchases and distribute rewards as would any large company.
The application will support all major fiat currencies, multiple cryptocurrencies, and even arbitrary currencies designed by the issuer (e.g. a single meal at a restaurant or a voucher for a one hour massage).
This offering comes in addition to BlockMason’s first fully-functional application built atop the Credit Protocol, Friend in Debt—or, as they refer to it, “like Venmo on the Blockchain, but better!”
BlockMason has already distinguished itself from many other Blockchain startups by offering a working product prior to their Token Sale.
While GiftChain may not be free for public testing until after the commencement of their token offering, the announcement, says the team, further demonstrates BlockMason’s commitment to product development and customer support.
Additionally, the release of GiftChain proves the flexibility and viability of their Credit Protocol, which has been generating buzz for being the first securities-law compliant Token Sale open to the general American public after the SEC’s report on the Dao.
The Credit Protocol is a simple system for recording debts and credits on the Blockchain, which can be customized for a variety of organizational, business, or individual purposes through smart contracts programmed atop the protocol. In their Whitepaper, BlockMason has announced their intent to launch a bounty program for the development of template Credit Protocol smart contracts.
Suggested contracts include campus meal voucher systems, consumer loans, and microfinancing.
While Giftchain is still in development, BlockMason has reportedly discussed testing an upcoming beta version with several retailers. According to BlockMason co-founder Jared Bowie, a finished GiftChain smart contract will likely be available in the next month, with a functional front-end available for public use after the Token Sale.
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020