Canadian Blockchain-fueled startup STACK announced a partnership with Mastercard today, two weeks ahead of its official Beta launch. More than 20,000 Canadians have registered for the Beta app, which will begin onboarding users this month through Google Play. A public launch for both Android and Apple devices is planned for later this year.
STACK is reinventing financial services with a fee-free alternative to traditional banking. Combining advanced machine learning with customizable tools, the STACK app delivers a smarter way to spend, save and share your money, straight from your smartphone. STACK will be the first financial services provider to offer instant access to multi-currency and crypto wallets as part of a 360-degree solution to personal finance.
STACK accounts will include a chip-and-pin Mastercard prepaid card, providing seamless and secure point-of-sale access to worldwide retailers, global ATM networks and Purchase Protection on every transaction.
“Partnering with Mastercard supports our mission to provide a better alternative to traditional financial services, without compromising convenience or reliability,” said Miro Pavletic, Co-Founder and CEO of STACK. “Mastercard is a trusted technology expert in the payments industry, and we’re committed to working with the best of the best.”
“Canadians want to manage their money on their own terms and STACK is giving them that ability,” said Patrick Sulston, Vice President of Market Development in Canada, Mastercard. “With a Mastercard prepaid card inside the STACK app, Canadians can easily, securely and conveniently access their funds and shop in-store and online.”
STACK is the first financial technology company in North America to offer members a mobile tap-to-pay option attached to a digital money account, enabling members to pay with their mobile phones. Other features like automated savings, instant rewards and social sharing provide a lifestyle-focused approach to financial services.
“Canadians deserve better than what’s available in the current market,” said Pavletic. “With the advancements of tech-enabled financial services, we can finally offer a replacement to legacy institutions with a new, more consumer-friendly alternative.”
STACK is reinventing financial services and putting Canadians in control of their money. Using intuitive technology and customizable tools, STACK delivers a smarter way to spend, save and share your money fee-free and straight from your mobile. Features like mobile tap-to-pay, automated savings, real-time notifications and relevant rewards empower people to make the most of their money so it’s there for what really matters.
For more information, visit: www.getstack.ca.
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019