Canadian Blockchain-fueled startup STACK announced a partnership with Mastercard today, two weeks ahead of its official Beta launch. More than 20,000 Canadians have registered for the Beta app, which will begin onboarding users this month through Google Play. A public launch for both Android and Apple devices is planned for later this year.
STACK is reinventing financial services with a fee-free alternative to traditional banking. Combining advanced machine learning with customizable tools, the STACK app delivers a smarter way to spend, save and share your money, straight from your smartphone. STACK will be the first financial services provider to offer instant access to multi-currency and crypto wallets as part of a 360-degree solution to personal finance.
STACK accounts will include a chip-and-pin Mastercard prepaid card, providing seamless and secure point-of-sale access to worldwide retailers, global ATM networks and Purchase Protection on every transaction.
“Partnering with Mastercard supports our mission to provide a better alternative to traditional financial services, without compromising convenience or reliability,” said Miro Pavletic, Co-Founder and CEO of STACK. “Mastercard is a trusted technology expert in the payments industry, and we’re committed to working with the best of the best.”
“Canadians want to manage their money on their own terms and STACK is giving them that ability,” said Patrick Sulston, Vice President of Market Development in Canada, Mastercard. “With a Mastercard prepaid card inside the STACK app, Canadians can easily, securely and conveniently access their funds and shop in-store and online.”
STACK is the first financial technology company in North America to offer members a mobile tap-to-pay option attached to a digital money account, enabling members to pay with their mobile phones. Other features like automated savings, instant rewards and social sharing provide a lifestyle-focused approach to financial services.
“Canadians deserve better than what’s available in the current market,” said Pavletic. “With the advancements of tech-enabled financial services, we can finally offer a replacement to legacy institutions with a new, more consumer-friendly alternative.”
STACK is reinventing financial services and putting Canadians in control of their money. Using intuitive technology and customizable tools, STACK delivers a smarter way to spend, save and share your money fee-free and straight from your mobile. Features like mobile tap-to-pay, automated savings, real-time notifications and relevant rewards empower people to make the most of their money so it’s there for what really matters.
For more information, visit: www.getstack.ca.
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019
- VeganNation Add Brazilian Football Superstar Cafu to It’s Advisory Board - October 31, 2019
- Alliance Investments Announces Plans Tokenization of £500m in UK Real Estate in STOs - October 31, 2019