Outgoing American Banker editor-in-chief Marc Hochstein has joined CoinDesk Inc, the leading digital media, events and information services company for the digital asset and Blockchain technology community.
A 17-year veteran of SourceMedia, Hochstein will now serve as CoinDesk’s first Managing Editor, a role in which he’ll be working hands-on with editorial content, while helping to lead the media startup’s next phase of expansion.
At American Banker, Hochstein was responsible for some of the earliest mainstream coverage of bitcoin and the innovations it spawned. His March 2014 feature article, “Why Bitcoin Matters for Bankers,” won a regional award from the American Society of Business Publishers and Editors and was a Neal award finalist.
His hiring comes amid a wave of growth for CoinDesk, founded in 2013, that has seen it become the top websites globally dedicated to chronicling the evolution of digital assets and Blockchain technology.
“I am honored and thrilled to join CoinDesk to build on the brand’s successes and take the platform to the next level,” Hochstein said. “Bitcoin, cryptocurrency and distributed ledger technology represent a fascinating new market with staggering long-term implications for the future of digital commerce, and CoinDesk has set the standard for editorial quality, sophistication and integrity in covering this rapidly evolving space.”
The move follows a string of hires for CoinDesk, who is rapidly investing to cement its status as the Blockchain market’s leader in news, data and information while serving as the “paper of record” for all things bitcoin and distributed ledger tech.
Hochstein follows veteran PaymentsSource journalist Bailey Reutzel and CNBC and Roubini analyst Ash Bennington as the latest to join the company’s New York-based editorial team.
“With Marc’s expansive industry expertise, CoinDesk is poised to enter a new phase of growth, one in which it will truly be able to live up to its distinction as the world’s leading news and analysis website for Blockchain,” editor-in-chief Pete Rizzo said.
For more information on open roles and opportunities at CoinDesk, visit their jobs board.
- CEO Patrick M. Byrne Resigns From Overstock Over ‘Deep State’ Comment and Affair with a Russian Spy – Stock Rises - August 22, 2019
- Telx Technologies Launches World’s First Cryptocurrency Sim Card Wallet And Phone Number - August 22, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies - August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin - August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts - August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences - August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology - August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019