Outgoing American Banker editor-in-chief Marc Hochstein has joined CoinDesk Inc, the leading digital media, events and information services company for the digital asset and Blockchain technology community.
A 17-year veteran of SourceMedia, Hochstein will now serve as CoinDesk’s first Managing Editor, a role in which he’ll be working hands-on with editorial content, while helping to lead the media startup’s next phase of expansion.
At American Banker, Hochstein was responsible for some of the earliest mainstream coverage of bitcoin and the innovations it spawned. His March 2014 feature article, “Why Bitcoin Matters for Bankers,” won a regional award from the American Society of Business Publishers and Editors and was a Neal award finalist.
His hiring comes amid a wave of growth for CoinDesk, founded in 2013, that has seen it become the top websites globally dedicated to chronicling the evolution of digital assets and Blockchain technology.
“I am honored and thrilled to join CoinDesk to build on the brand’s successes and take the platform to the next level,” Hochstein said. “Bitcoin, cryptocurrency and distributed ledger technology represent a fascinating new market with staggering long-term implications for the future of digital commerce, and CoinDesk has set the standard for editorial quality, sophistication and integrity in covering this rapidly evolving space.”
The move follows a string of hires for CoinDesk, who is rapidly investing to cement its status as the Blockchain market’s leader in news, data and information while serving as the “paper of record” for all things bitcoin and distributed ledger tech.
Hochstein follows veteran PaymentsSource journalist Bailey Reutzel and CNBC and Roubini analyst Ash Bennington as the latest to join the company’s New York-based editorial team.
“With Marc’s expansive industry expertise, CoinDesk is poised to enter a new phase of growth, one in which it will truly be able to live up to its distinction as the world’s leading news and analysis website for Blockchain,” editor-in-chief Pete Rizzo said.
For more information on open roles and opportunities at CoinDesk, visit their jobs board.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019