Qtum has announced the launch of its mainnet, Ignition, a groundbreaking blockchain platform which provides the first decentralized governance protocol and proof-of-stake consensus mechanism for smart contracts.
Blockchain industry leaders are increasingly looking to Qtum to solve complex issues of scalability and deliverability for their projects, and Qtum delivers a smart contract platform running on a proof-of-stake consensus for the first time. This allows individuals and businesses to use smart contracts on mobile devices while staking their Qtum holdings to secure the network. The Qtum Mainnet goes live September 13, 2017.
“Many projects have gone silent after their token sales, but Qtum has diligently built an industry-changing platform that tackles the challenges faced by developers,” said Qtum Co-Founder Patrick Dai, who was recently named on Forbes China’s Top 30 Under 30 list for his contributions to consumer technology. “Beyond fixing issues of scalability, developers building their projects on Qtum gain access to China’s extensive market.”
Qtum’s Ignition release includes a working smart contract and decentralized application platform secured by a proof-of-stake consensus model. Its decentralized governance protocol ensures scalability is not an issue, and Qtum plans to continue testing new features to deliver a truly decentralized blockchain platform.
“Ignition is the start of a new era in blockchain,” said Qtum Co-Founder Jordan Earls. “It’s bringing to light what the community has waited years for, a proof-of-stake smart contracts platform with truly decentralized governance.”
As Qtum adds functionality and prepares for broader adoption, the team has joined several organizations to influence decision-making in key sectors. Qtum recently became a founding member of the Trusted Internet of Things Alliance. Jordan Earls has joined the Chamber of Digital Commerce’s Smart Contracts Alliance as co-chair. In addition, Qtum has added one of China’s most notable entrepreneurs and angel investors, Charles Xue, as a strategic advisor.
Qtum is a blockchain application platform. At its core, Qtum combines the advantages of Bitcoin Core, an Account Abstraction Layer allowing for multiple virtual machines, and a proof-of-stake consensus protocol aimed at tackling industry use cases. The Qtum Foundation, headquartered in Singapore, is the decision-making body that drives the project’s development. Learn more at qtum.org.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019