Qtum has announced the launch of its mainnet, Ignition, a groundbreaking blockchain platform which provides the first decentralized governance protocol and proof-of-stake consensus mechanism for smart contracts.
Blockchain industry leaders are increasingly looking to Qtum to solve complex issues of scalability and deliverability for their projects, and Qtum delivers a smart contract platform running on a proof-of-stake consensus for the first time. This allows individuals and businesses to use smart contracts on mobile devices while staking their Qtum holdings to secure the network. The Qtum Mainnet goes live September 13, 2017.
“Many projects have gone silent after their token sales, but Qtum has diligently built an industry-changing platform that tackles the challenges faced by developers,” said Qtum Co-Founder Patrick Dai, who was recently named on Forbes China’s Top 30 Under 30 list for his contributions to consumer technology. “Beyond fixing issues of scalability, developers building their projects on Qtum gain access to China’s extensive market.”
Qtum’s Ignition release includes a working smart contract and decentralized application platform secured by a proof-of-stake consensus model. Its decentralized governance protocol ensures scalability is not an issue, and Qtum plans to continue testing new features to deliver a truly decentralized blockchain platform.
“Ignition is the start of a new era in blockchain,” said Qtum Co-Founder Jordan Earls. “It’s bringing to light what the community has waited years for, a proof-of-stake smart contracts platform with truly decentralized governance.”
As Qtum adds functionality and prepares for broader adoption, the team has joined several organizations to influence decision-making in key sectors. Qtum recently became a founding member of the Trusted Internet of Things Alliance. Jordan Earls has joined the Chamber of Digital Commerce’s Smart Contracts Alliance as co-chair. In addition, Qtum has added one of China’s most notable entrepreneurs and angel investors, Charles Xue, as a strategic advisor.
Qtum is a blockchain application platform. At its core, Qtum combines the advantages of Bitcoin Core, an Account Abstraction Layer allowing for multiple virtual machines, and a proof-of-stake consensus protocol aimed at tackling industry use cases. The Qtum Foundation, headquartered in Singapore, is the decision-making body that drives the project’s development. Learn more at qtum.org.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020