SmartOne, based in Lichtenstein, has been working to solve the problem of a lack of access to suitable legal services for the crypto community. The result of their work is LEGAL, a new Ethereum-based token that operates the SmartOne Protocol.
LEGAL provides discounted access to a marketplace that works for the crypto community by making legal services both easily accessible and suitable for Blockchain-based businesses.
“SmartOne and the LEGAL token represent an enormous step forward for the legal sector,” said Prof. Thomas Fischer, Foundation Council President of SmartOne.
“Until the launch of LEGAL and the SmartOne marketplace, the crypto community was not being properly served by the legal profession and this was creating problems, particularly in regard to regulatory and compliance matters.”
“By creating a legal marketplace that offers services to the crypto community in a format that works for them, SmartOne is solving a problem that had the potential to stunt the growth of Blockchain-based services.”
“We’re looking forward to a successful Token Generating Event in October 2017 and are very excited about the potential for SmartOne and LEGAL tokens to shape the legal profession for decades to come.”
By providing access to “crypto-friendly” legal, regulatory and compliance services, SmartOne believes that crypto enterprises will now be able to satisfy the requirements of the financial services markets. In turn, this will help them gain access to the funding they need to become successful businesses.
As SmartOne prepares for LEGAL’s token generating event, its longer term aims include the creation of an entire eco-system that will serve to promote research and development activities connected to the SmartOne protocol.
The SmartOne Foundation, LEGAL and the SmartOne Protocol
The LEGAL token lies at the heart of the SmartOne ecosystem. Its main roles are to provide memberships and serving as a license to use the SmartOne protocols, which enable token holders to access legal services, including the common regulatory requirements of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) processes, through Blockchain technology.
The tiered membership system will provide holders of LEGAL with a range of benefits including discounted access to legal services and selected future token launches carried out by SmartOne, as well as free access to premium services such as SmartOne’s TGE analysis.
In the coming months, SmartOne will also launch a risk ratings system for crypto assets that will help facilitate the entrance of institutional investors into the Blockchain market by providing a level of confidence in the security of new token launches.
Underpinning the SmartOne protocol, the LEGAL token and the SmartOne ecosystem, is the SmartOne Foundation, a charitable organisation established in Liechtenstein with the intention of serving both as a provider of legal services to TGE organizers and financial institutions, and as an umbrella organization for the promotion of R&D activities connected to the SmartOne protocol.
A highly experienced team
SmartOne and the LEGAL token have been designed and created by a highly experienced team of financial, legal and technology experts based in Zug (Switzerland) and Liechtenstein.
The team’s members bring together expertise that gives them a deep understanding of the challenges faced by many crypto enterprises including the legal, regulatory and compliance issues that have, until the launch of LEGAL, proved to be such an obstacle to the successful development of the Blockchain sector.
Proven track record and partners
To deliver the legal services that the crypto community needs, SmartOne has partnered with SKUANI, a successful legal services marketplace; NextLex, a developer of cloud-based process automation software for documents and contracts. NextLex simplifies complex decision-making processes and implements risk management and compliance protocols.
SmartOne is also partnered with LegalOne, Switzerland’s first digital law firm, providing robust legal opinion for the implementation and analysis of TGE’s, thereby enabling crypto enterprises to launch with solid legal foundations.
Together these businesses lay the foundations for the revolution in legal services that is promised by SmartOne’s success.
SmartOne was officially launched on 30th August 2017 at Liechtenstein’s 7th Blockchain Meetup, held in Vaduz.
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019